Vengeance Vengeance

So Marweas - when do we all mass-return our games?

I don't think we can do this in any case? Once software is sold, isn't it sold?

I suppose we could all claim it didn't work (which wouldn't be a lie actually given that it was never patched).

I told you people many times. Just take your disks, put them back in the package with some dog shit and mail them to VUG headquarters.

Last edited:
Marweas...you are a bit player in a rather sad opera. Why not just admit that you have failed the community in countless ways and recognize that your name will be held with the same esteem as VUG, IG, Dave G., Guy Welch, Thrax, Sierra et al currently enjoy. You are a disaster. That said, perhaps your next game will succeed. Hmmmm....that would be something wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Razer said:
T2 Source....

Ya know, I think I actually WOULD be completely satisfied with T2:Classic:Source. I've pubbed T2:Classic a bit lately, and the gameplay is still all kinds of fun. Witha beefier engine and the same gameplay, I could see myself wasting another year on it.

I still waste time with it and it never gets old. T2 classic rules. I must admit, I have been forcing myself to play a lot of T2 base, and it is fun in a different kind of way. Thats the thing about T2 base, its fun on a pub when you have large maps, 30+ players, it crazy fun, and its understandable why new players or those with slow connections like it. It offers fun for everyone in a very Tribes battletastic way. As you get better, get a better rig you can move up to a faster paced game on some T2C and its all good. Now TV, thats just plain ugh.

NetAtNite said:
Did you really say that? Do you think I need to look hard to find someone to blame for the failure that is T:V? How about:

VUG
IG
Thrax
Marweas
Guy Welch

and dumbasses like you...

that 'scapegoat' enough for you stupid?!

ok lets look at each of these "scapegoats"

VUG, ok I agree there but don't you think that is a pretty big group of people to point a finger at? Do we blame the guys that vacuum the offices after hours?

IG, A group of programmers that filled an order placed by VUG and worked under direction of Sierra employees who answered to VUG nothing was released to the public until Sierra quality control looked it over. mmm k kinda misplaced blame I think.

Thrax, Ok I can see how Thrax can take some blame after all he was the visable sierra representative and the person the beta team answered to. But remember he was long gone before VUG dropped support for T:V therefore I will give you partial credit for this one.

Marweas, Marketing guy, has no programming time on the game, his job was to basically promote T:V and to try to involve the community in its development. Then he was fired before the game even went to beta yeah he has alot to answer for :rolleyes:

Guy Welch, Our only representative from VUG so by association he has the responsibility of answering for his superiors decisions. Is there any evidence that Guy was involved in the decision to drop support for T:V? I don't think there is, The only thing he is guilty of is releasing information his boss told him it was ok to release. Again partial credit but only by association.

Bottom line is anger directed at VUG in general is understandable but by pointing the finger at any of these guys you are basically shooting the messengers which is a waste of your ammo. Like I said in my last post, lets get away from trying to place blame and start looking for a viable solution, or drop the subject and play until the master servers are removed.

NetAtNite said:
In hindsight, do you see that you made several mistakes? Your marketing skills could have made a significant difference and yet you failed in the simplest of tasks.

You couldn't know less what you speak of.

TseTse said:
mass appeal tribes game? huh????

marweas spent half his fuckin time at work fuckin whoring forums, first of all, and flaming his fans (and not just on the tribes brand)... he made big news for being a total asshole. i predicted his ass was gonna get "released" long before it happened. nor am i surprised he is here yapping again blaming everybody but himself... instead of being a professional back in the sector.

thrax i think was very sincere (and a flametard only half the time), but i believe the entire design of TV was he and marweas' perhaps with a few diehards also giving iinput. let me be clear, i enjoy TV... i just think it was about 1/3rd the game it should have been.

they honestly believed that the small scale sporty comp gameplay was the one-size-fits-all solution for the tribes brand. the turned their backs not only on the aspects of tribes we had seen in the past but also on the implications tribes had on modern gaming in terms of large scale combat. no, instead of allowing that side of tribes to exist in any form... they pushed their narrow agenda within the terms of a lowball contract on 2 VUG brands with IG.

i do think they were smart tto include the SP and i also wish BOTH had been there till the end to make sure that aspect was the heart of the marketing, but it's sorta besides the point.

they were blinded by their own ideology and romance with the aspect of the brand THEY wanted to see.

it's fuckin retarded that tribes didnt have some large scale combat shit in it, after inspiring sooo many other popular games since tribes2. truly fuckin retarded, in the face of ut2k4 onslaught, battlefield, planetside, battleffront, etc, etc, ... not to show that side of tribes as well.

they didnt do proper market research (i dont think they even noticed what was being played in tribes 1 and tribes 2... cuz last i checked katabotic was the top map). they just shoved their agenda.

i dont think other VUG people caused the design to be what it was, unless there are other players we dont know about. anybody who saw how marweas and thrax talked about tribes in the past 2-3 years could have predicted what we got...

and if they had talked with some more objective people at VUG, perhaps they'd have reconsidered the one-size-fits-all design docs.

my 2 cents.

even as a one-size-fits-all sporty game, i still expected it to sell 100,000 copies or whatever... but while i enjoyed TV a ton... i didnt expect real success either.
can you please stfu you n*gger

Vir said:
Whoever is responsible for T:V's "vision", or i guess you could say lack there of, is the proper scapegoat.

THE TRIBAL COUNCIL!!@# :rofl:

That had to be the worst circle jerk ever known to the gaming industry.

Back