Tribes 3

KOS said:
yeah, the t2 tank was a hover tank that moved at a decent speed

the t:v tank is a tank with treads that can jump a little bit, whoopiee

i dont mind the fact that its a tank, i mind the fact that it does not fit at all with tribes when its a ground hugging vehicle

and stopping the UE's and increasing mobility a little bit is something that should have been in t2 at the time of release, its not that hard, it would just take a little more time(granted dynamix was shut down right away, but still), it eventually got to be fun, i started playing it more when i could no longer play defense with a laser rifle in t1(fuck LT) but it actually feels like a tribes game, t:v to me, does not, the style is way off, the way everything feels is just not right, (i will say it until it becomes untrue) it feels more like ut

thats all well and good. But its not like the tank from UT2k4. It may not feel like Tribes to you but that doesn't by default make it a copy of something from UT. Stop making references to a game you've barely, if at all played. Might as well be a straight from Battlefield. Tanks are not a new concept.

KOS said:
the tank... well... straight out of ut2k4... wtf good is a tank against mobile infantry that can move(and fly) 20x faster then the tank?

Not hardly... You are insulting the tank in UT2004 by comparing to the POS that is in T:V. And if you have a decent tank operator the tank can be used effectively to defend your base/flag or take out the enemy defenses.

The T:V tank is a complete and total mess. The T2 tank was by far alot better but they had to screw it up by making the tank jump. The controls were horrible as driving it was like trying to wrestle a snake.

The Pumpkin King said:
Cus noobs aren't hardcore enough to forge the next game. Only I am *flex*.

k but dread can do it pls. thx.

Noobs are what would make the game SURVIVE and GROW. The hardcore fanatics actually do far more to turn noobs OFF of a game than bring them in. Just look at how noobs are treated by the so called Tribe Vets in most games and forums.

Actually it was the Tribes2 vehicles that inspired the BF1942 team to add vehicles to their game. Also CliffyB admitted tribes2 vehicles inspired him for ut2k4's onslaught mod. Which still to this day happens to be the most popular mod for that game and has given the ut series more people playing it then ever.

Aesop-The evil one said:
You are truely delusional. This tard thread is a testament to your idiocy. You have nothing to offer but crying and whining, you spit at anyone even remotely disagreeing with you, including the one you whose boots you lick, PJ. You are an easy mark. Keep up the bovine excrement, fool.

Thrax. . . .. Thrax .. . .. If I were to do nothing for this community but whine all day long, it still would be a million times better then that which you did. ;)

Wow, too much to read. The fact is Tribes 1 is a work of art, you can't remake Tribes and there is no need to. No games are realistic enough yet to be REAL so why bother with good graphics? You and I both know it's fake, who cares what it looks like? Everybody says Tribes with new graphics is what T:V should have been but what we really need to do is just stick to T1. T:V doesn't even deserve the T, T2 is a seperate game, stick with what you like.

[AKA]PanamaJack said:
Noobs are what would make the game SURVIVE and GROW. The hardcore fanatics actually do far more to turn noobs OFF of a game than bring them in. Just look at how noobs are treated by the so called Tribe Vets in most games and forums.

Again, thank you for telling me what I already know, taking what I said completely out of context, and then attacking it. MY POINT WAS: Show me how you and your army of noobs will make a tribes game. In otherwords, YOU ARE NOT HARDCORE enough to get up off your ass and make a tribes game. Although it is true that your sheer numbers may inspire some coroporate executive to do so, NONE OF YOU WILL DO IT PERSONALLY. Prove me wrong.

Secondly PJ, you go on and on about how NOOBS are all that matter. You are kind of a jerk when you spout your crap. Why? Cus all players should matter. I would defenitely want the next tribes sequal to have tons of noobs, they are more then welcome. The more players the better, great.

However, does this mean I'm going to make the game SOOO EASY to play that all you have to do is flinch and everyone dies? No, because this isn't play balance. Would you make the game so easy that there is no skill involved? What would be the point of that? You'd just be making a chat room. THE GAMEPLAY MATTERS, Contrary to what you think.

Let's have a look at the sport of BASEBALL. Now, people that suck at this game can play it and have fun yes? I suck at baseball and I can play it and enjoy it. Does that mean that I look at professional players and say "CURSES, I can never be that good! Screw this I'm not playing!"?

I simply don't follow your logic as how having talented players in a game destroys the game and deters people from playing. If anything it gives people an idol, and aspirations to reach.

Many people play chess that suck and they have fun doing it. But there is only one Kasparov(Spelling?). Do people say, holy crap, that guy rocks at chess, I'm not playing? Do they PJ? sigh.

You have no argument for what you're saying, you simply keep repeating that I'm wrong and that it is the way you say it cus it is and that's just how it is.

Maybe you should stop and realize that your point of view is skewed and you can't see it from an outside perspective.

Are you saying that ALL games should be tailored for people that suck in general at video games and want to just play a skilless game that makes them feel e-tough?

Then why is Counterstike, THE MOST PLAYED game of all time A SKILL GAME? There is a curve, and elite players will spank you. It is not TAILORED to skilless noobs yet it has crushed every game ever made. This totally defies your logic.

Don't bother responding if you're just going to repeat yourself. Either argue facts and points or be quiet.

pocketgamer said:
Dude. . .. I'm glad you got a few weeks of enjoyment at the rest of our expense. You remind me of the guy in star treck that had to reach the Nexus so he could be happy, at the cost of millions of peoples lives.

You were happy for a few months, but most of us who wanted a game with Tribes gameplay got screwed over royally because not only did we get a game trying to rip it off at best, but it hurt our chances of getting a sequal.

I don't expect that me sitting up here at college will get anything accomplished. I can't build the game my self. That's not my hope. My hope is for the community to start working together. If you wanted another Tribes game then you would help with ways to solve the problem, and stop with your bringing down the people who are trying to get people moving on after the mess T:V left behind. So don't tell me that you want the same thing as me, because if you didn't you wouldn't be crapping on my thread, you would be adding ideas to my plan, and from there we could get a solid plan worked out on how we can get Tribes 3. Nothing is impossible if you just try, but it seems there are several people on here that don't even want to see us try.

Honestly, what in gods name are you talking about? I got my enjoyment at the rest of your expense for playing T:V? How do you figure?

Ok, so I go to the store and buy a game I had nothing to do with creating, play it for a few months, and that makes your life horrible? Where do you get off drawing that conclusion.

Ok, here's a conclusion for you that's just as ludicrous. You are a star trek fan and I hate star trek, therefore your watching star trek was the cause of me getting mononucleosis in the 3rd grade causing me to miss a month of school. Frankly, you are heartless person for making me miss school. How could you do such a thing? People that cause others to miss their educational needs at your own expense make me sick. How can you live with yourself?

You say at the "rest of your expense" as if T:V made your life worse. You honestly can't be serious. By this you are saying that if a 3rd tribes sequal had never been released in your life time, your life would have been better. I will take 3 months of fun gameplay over ZERO for eternity any day.

Believe me when I tell you that I played tribes probably 3 times as much as you. I wanted a good sequal more than you, I've been around longer, and I am a more dedicated fan. So where do you get off coming in here and telling me that I'm the source of your troubles and that I'm a heartless jerk for playing T:V for a few monthes and having fun?

You can blame me, just a guy that played T:V for a while, for the source of your troubles, but you are way out of line and so entirely wrong.

You can tell me that I don't want to play tribes all you want, but everyone in here that knows who I am knows that I want tribes to happen. I AM STILL PLAYING T1 for christs sake. The reason I'm crapping on your thread is because it is worthless. This will amount to absolutely nothing. Why? Because if you want something done, you have to actually put in the time and effort it takes to do it.

You think by clicking "New Thread" and typing "Let's make Tribes 3 guys," you are some Tribes Crusader and Defender of Hope? If you're as "hardcore" as you say you are, then get start saving money, planning, and setting things in motion.

Do you have a developement doc waiting and ready? Have you got maps planned out? No, so I'm not impressed.

The Pumpkin King said:
However, does this mean I'm going to make the game SOOO EASY to play that all you have to do is flinch and everyone dies? No, because this isn't play balance. Would you make the game so easy that there is no skill involved? What would be the point of that? You'd just be making a chat room. THE GAMEPLAY MATTERS, Contrary to what you think.

You are conpletely obtuse and ignore everything that is said because you don't want to deal with it.

Did I ever say a game should be made so easy to play? NO! That is the PROBLEM with T:V. T:V is so damned EASY to play that it becomes BORING very quickly.

Maybe if you actualy understood gameplay matters you wouldn't be making such silly remarks. If you talk to most SEASONED game developers they will tell you that most of the time the DEDICATED fanatics of any franchise DO NOT know anything about game balance or game design. The game players who are fanatically dedicated to a particular game are usually blinded to anything that deviates from their own narrow likes. The dedicated fanatics cannot look outside the box to see what is best overall for the game. They can only see what is best for THEM and that's it. You can see that over and over again in the messages that are posted by people like you.

My goodness PJ, don't have a stroke. Let me boil down your drivel.

"Players don't know squat about the games they play, or what would make it better."

You never cease to amaze me with your hypocrisy.

[AKA]PanamaJack said:
You are conpletely obtuse and ignore everything that is said because you don't want to deal with it.

Did I ever say a game should be made so easy to play? NO! That is the PROBLEM with T:V. T:V is so damned EASY to play that it becomes BORING very quickly.

Maybe if you actualy understood gameplay matters you wouldn't be making such silly remarks. If you talk to most SEASONED game developers they will tell you that most of the time the DEDICATED fanatics of any franchise DO NOT know anything about game balance or game design. The game players who are fanatically dedicated to a particular game are usually blinded to anything that deviates from their own narrow likes. The dedicated fanatics cannot look outside the box to see what is best overall for the game. They can only see what is best for THEM and that's it. You can see that over and over again in the messages that are posted by people like you.

You are the one that's ducking me. How come you keep changing the subject and don't retort any of my points? All you do is spew the same thing that everyone on this board knows. Why am I making fun of pocket gamer on the other thread, because I know that people on these forums don't know how to make a good game. None of us know anything about good game design. Including you rocket launcher boy.

You tell me that I know NOTHING about gameplay and you apparently do. So tell me where I'm wrong. Tell me how I'm wrong. Don't spew that same crap.

Respond to me. Tell me how a skill curve is bad. Tell me how highly skilled players deter people from playing the game. Enlighten me on your gameplay knowledge. Tell me how you cater to the masses as you say without making gameplay easier? Answer these questions please. If you post another paragraph of dry commen sense again I'll cry.

I predict PJ responds: You are dupid. If you weren't dupid you'd be smart like me. Gaming companies make games for noobs. Games are fun to play, most people that play are noobs. You'd know that if you weren't dupid and smart like me duh.

NoFiX said:
But..what about KP?

LOL

Duuuude c'mon. I meant the majority of people here. I'd never call out KP. *sigh* That dude is awesome and a genuinely nice guy.

There are obviously exceptions. Just like the majority of people where I live aren't white, but there are a few white people.

Would you trust Tribes 3 with Pocket Gamer or PJ?

Most everyone that posts here isn't horribly knowledgeable when it comes to game design and you wouldn't refute that. I have zero experience myself.

Last edited:
The Pumpkin King said:
Duuuude c'mon. I meant the majority. I'd never call out KP. *sigh*

That dude is awesome.

Would you trust Tribes 3 with Pocket Gamer or PJ?

Not at all, which was my point.

It says a lot, when you take someone like KP away from their element and throw them into the captains seat and end up with something you'd expect from someone like PJ...

The Pumpkin King said:
You are the one that's ducking me. How come you keep changing the subject and don't retort any of my points? All you do is spew the same thing that everyone on this board knows. Why am I making fun of pocket gamer on the other thread, because I know that people on these forums don't know how to make a good game. None of us know anything about good game design. Including you rocket launcher boy.

You tell me that I know NOTHING about gameplay and you apparently do. So tell me where I'm wrong. Tell me how I'm wrong. Don't spew that same crap.

Respond to me. Tell me how a skill curve is bad. Tell me how highly skilled players deter people from playing the game. Enlighten me on your gameplay knowledge. Tell me how you cater to the masses as you say without making gameplay easier? Answer these questions please. If you post another paragraph of dry commen sense again I'll cry.

Nope, haven't ducked a thing but you continue to ignore what I state. You can't prove me wrong so you continue to call me names. :)

Sigh, I answered all of those things over and over again but you continue to ignore them. You give more things for people to do in the game. You do not REDUCE the things that can be done. You don't make the game too easy to play. Everytime I head someone from the competition end of Tribes they are ALWAYS complaing and wanting alot of things REMOVED from the game so they don't have to deal with them.

T:V is the poster child for what you shouldn't do in creating a game for todays game player. It would have been a good CONSOLE game three years ago but today it is lacking in just about everything that makes people want to keep coming back.

The Pumpkin King said:
If you post another paragraph of dry commen sense again I'll cry.

I know, Common Sense is one thing that people like you hate and want removed from all discussion. :razz:

c4rv3 said:
Wow, too much to read. The fact is Tribes 1 is a work of art, you can't remake Tribes and there is no need to. No games are realistic enough yet to be REAL so why bother with good graphics? You and I both know it's fake, who cares what it looks like? Everybody says Tribes with new graphics is what T:V should have been but what we really need to do is just stick to T1. T:V doesn't even deserve the T, T2 is a seperate game, stick with what you like.

You miss the point. Graphics is just a cool added bonus. T2C graphics are good enough for me.

The point is to refresh the game for new players to feel welcome to come in a join. To create a buzz that will get people picking up the game. To get enough noobs in the pubs that enough of them start or join teams to add numbers to the competitve ladders.

The Pumpkin King said:
Honestly, what in gods name are you talking about? I got my enjoyment at the rest of your expense for playing T:V? How do you figure?

Ok, so I go to the store and buy a game I had nothing to do with creating, play it for a few months, and that makes your life horrible? Where do you get off drawing that conclusion.

Ok, here's a conclusion for you that's just as ludicrous. You are a star trek fan and I hate star trek, therefore your watching star trek was the cause of me getting mononucleosis in the 3rd grade causing me to miss a month of school. Frankly, you are heartless person for making me miss school. How could you do such a thing? People that cause others to miss their educational needs at your own expense make me sick. How can you live with yourself?

You say at the "rest of your expense" as if T:V made your life worse. You honestly can't be serious. By this you are saying that if a 3rd tribes sequal had never been released in your life time, your life would have been better. I will take 3 months of fun gameplay over ZERO for eternity any day.

Believe me when I tell you that I played tribes probably 3 times as much as you. I wanted a good sequal more than you, I've been around longer, and I am a more dedicated fan. So where do you get off coming in here and telling me that I'm the source of your troubles and that I'm a heartless jerk for playing T:V for a few monthes and having fun?

You can blame me, just a guy that played T:V for a while, for the source of your troubles, but you are way out of line and so entirely wrong.

You can tell me that I don't want to play tribes all you want, but everyone in here that knows who I am knows that I want tribes to happen. I AM STILL PLAYING T1 for christs sake. The reason I'm crapping on your thread is because it is worthless. This will amount to absolutely nothing. Why? Because if you want something done, you have to actually put in the time and effort it takes to do it.

You think by clicking "New Thread" and typing "Let's make Tribes 3 guys," you are some Tribes Crusader and Defender of Hope? If you're as "hardcore" as you say you are, then get start saving money, planning, and setting things in motion.

Do you have a developement doc waiting and ready? Have you got maps planned out? No, so I'm not impressed.

I'm saying that while you feel T:V was an entertaining game for a few months, that is great for you, but .. .

1. T:V had Tribes in the name, but really didn't live up to being what Tribes is about.

a. People who bought the game, didn't like it, will now probably avoid another Tribes game just becase its name, even though Tribes 3 would be pretty much T1, which is a different game on many levels then T:V is.

b. The odds of a developer makign a Tribes 3 is slim at best, just because T:V failed, but again, T:V doesn't represent Tribes, but that's not how a developer or general gamer will see it.

2. Before T:V, T2C Competition was doing just fine. We lost several teams to T:V. We are now getting some of them back, but T2C may never recover from such a big hit.

T:V has done a lot to hurt this community. So again, I'm glad that you got a few months of enjoyment out of it, but is it worth it in the end? If you're a true tribes fan, the answer will be NO.

[AKA]PanamaJack said:
Nope, haven't ducked a thing but you continue to ignore what I state. You can't prove me wrong so you continue to call me names. :)

Sigh, I answered all of those things over and over again but you continue to ignore them. You give more things for people to do in the game. You do not REDUCE the things that can be done. You don't make the game too easy to play. Everytime I head someone from the competition end of Tribes they are ALWAYS complaing and wanting alot of things REMOVED from the game so they don't have to deal with them.

T:V is the poster child for what you shouldn't do in creating a game for todays game player. It would have been a good CONSOLE game three years ago but today it is lacking in just about everything that makes people want to keep coming back.

I know, Common Sense is one thing that people like you hate and want removed from all discussion. :razz:

Ok, since you're totally not ducking any of what I'm saying and all. Could you re-post your list of qualities that make a game great for everyone to play?

So far I've got. "Make lots of stuff to do." Which is a just a tad broad.

C'mon I thought you were "knowledgeable in game developing". Surely you can do better then "have lots of stuff."

Here's your big chance to show off your knowledge. Just a simple list of criteria will due, this should be a cake walk for a savant like you.

Back