Player having bad attitude?

LOL
I didnt even know what turtling was til now and I been playing tribes 4 years.

On a server today a guy runs into the post with the flag. I was in Heavy, using grenades and fire was able to keep all invaders out til I remembered this thread, so I killed him.
Aye, so this is turtling.

Coylter said:
I am in a pub having fun...trying to cap the flag....finaly i get to cap it and bring it back to base. Too bad the other team has our flag too.... So i go inside the base (winter lake) and put a heavy armor so i can resist assaults.i stay in the base with my mortar defending myself while my team go get our flag.....AT MY GREAT SURPRISE my team dont go to get our flag.....THEY GET INSIDE WITH ME telling me TO GET OUTSIDE......I am like WTF...You want me to get outside so the other team can kill me better and get their flag...wtf is that shazbot.....Finnaly the morons decide that its better to kill me and get the flag outside themself..so a big team fight start ... i happen to win the first one again my whole team.....but they come back and kill me.....Then the "stupid morons" just take the flag and fly outside.......i am frustrated so i kill the stupid stupid moron, take the flag back and return inside....ONLY TO GET KILLED BY ANOTHER STUPID TEAMATE......finally moron v2.0 get to bring the flag outside...AND HOORA get killed.....and the other team SCORE........WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

When everyone has a problem with you, maybe you are the problem?

Turtling ruins the pub Einstien. Thats standard for a noob to do, but not for someone that should know better.

In other pub news
*osniping is stupid
*llama grabbing is stupid
*both are almost as stupid as turtling combined, but not quite cause it only ruins the pub for one other person.

*edit, im now noting that gee ay why = stupid. got it.

look, this is retarded.

you have a guy who is TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME, and he doesn't understand it while people around him are being dicks. its not like any of you gave him a tutorial , nor do any exist) on what the community norms are. yet you eff with him like he shouldve known it for years.

that is exactly the way to NOT welcome someone to game.

unless you guys want the same 100 losers playing t:v that played t1 after it died, open the f up and start acting like decent humans. for chrissakes.

ok then. here

when a flag is brought home and cannot be capped. it is acceptable to change armors, heal up, but not stay indoors. Pub ettiquette says the flag should be kept outside as best as a player can.

Please ban everyone in this thread who insulted this guy. For the good of the community, this type of behavior can not be tolerated. New people HAVE to buy T:V in order for it to be successful, but if the accepted practice is to insult and TK new players as opposed to teaching them the ropes, then this game will fail miserably.

(EDIT) Heh, just realized how old this thread is and that it was bumped for some reason. I still fully support banning all the ass holes though. (/EDIT)

Last edited:
BitRaiser said:
Folks, remember that not EVERYONE on is ADD either! I personally enjoy a good stand off. If there was a little more C&C utility it would be easier to organize anti-turtle runs, tho. Let's hope you'll be able to give commands and waypoints by the time the game ships!!

People need to be doing more turtling right now, to see if there are ajustments required. Maybe IG can add an anti-flag field that prevents only flag carriers from entering certain parts of bases... IF it's needed.

This is a beta and we are testing. The fact that it's fun is just a happy spin off!

You'll have to wait for the expansion pack to get that

Smooth P said:
Please ban everyone in this thread who insulted this guy. For the good of the community, this type of behavior can not be tolerated. New people HAVE to buy T:V in order for it to be successful, but if the accepted practice is to insult and TK new players as opposed to teaching them the ropes, then this game will fail miserably.

(EDIT) Heh, just realized how old this thread is and that it was bumped for some reason. I still fully support banning all the ass holes though. (/EDIT)

Obligatory STFU Member...

lt- said:
after reading this thread in its entirity i find that anyone who has been a part of the tw community for longer than a year agrees on no turtle. and most of the members that are posting (in less than inteligable english) are favoring turtle tactics.

i find it interesting that the people who have played and enjoyed the tribes franchise for up to 7 years are having thier opinions trashed by people who think they know better.

coming from a management standpoint, this sounds like the classical newschool vs. oldschool argument. however there is a glaring difference. nothing has changed significantly enough to bring about a newschool.

turtleing was, is and always will be complete fa66otry done by newbies who cant duel themselves out of a paper bag. teams have and will continue to, lose the flag in standoffs due to lack of coordinated defence.

g4y tactics should be used where winning matters, not where fun matters.

for anyone who thinks that turtleing is fun, you should also try these hom0 tactics in pubs:
-tank on flag
-burner turret d
-snipe o
-6 man farmer d
-feel free to add more, im sure you'll discover all the newberific tactics that t:v has to offer.

as for me, ill be playing on 5150 east3 or whatever west coast server pops up as the new stackeasy.net from the good old b++days of t2

*edit* gah, silly tt rewording my stuff.
I will make this person my sponsored member b/c that's some consummate ass kissing there (plus he's right).

It might be a good idea to have an etiquette / glossary sticky thread for TW.

OK, now I know what "turtling" is and MA = mid-air. But "llama grabbing" or "6 man farming"? I mean if someone told me to leave the llama alone I wouldn't know what to do (or not to do). :roller:

TheRedDread said:
Me thinks soon all the good servers where the best players will play will be private because people cannot simply play nice and/or follow the rules of the server op.

Looks to me that all the vets think they have all the answers? I'm a Vet been playing for many years and i don't agree with any of your treatment of the newer players. Go ahead and password your team stacking server
, who gives a rats ass. You think that 5150 servers are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Dood i didn't play on any of them in T1 , T2 "If ya had one in T2?" and won't in T:V. I find the so called Veterans that play there to be very arrogant and nasty towards other payers , old or new.

All one needs to do , is read any of your posts and they could see , your nothing but a jerk towards any one other than your little click.

--Fatal

Last edited:
Back