Player having bad attitude?

TheRedDread said:
Me thinks soon all the good servers where the best players will play will be private because people cannot simply play nice and/or follow the rules of the server op.

/me thinks this needs no debate.

I was going to give a detailed description on my thoughts about the aspects of turtling in pubs but I think I've narrowed it down.

It sucks.

BLuE_ZeRO said:
Like someone said before, coordinating an attack to break a turtle in pubs is extremely difficult when the only method of communication is by text.

I agree. Thus it would be seriously handy to have some functions for managing teamwork. The C&C in T1 was a HUGE step towards creating a usful way of coridinating your forces. T2's was less of an advance... in fact I thought the sorta broke it.

Ditching it altogether isn't really the "right" path IMHO.

Even in noob-land pubs, if you could give direct orders to several team mates to cover you giving them a waypoint to yourself, it would WAY easier to deal with things like turtles... or even just good defenses.

In both T1 and 2 I would often take the initative to set up waypoints for 2 distinct squades. 1 O, 1 D. By linking everyone on each squade to a single "captian" everyone had a waypoint set up that they could follow and keep some orginization. Most of the time this would work exeptionaly well even in pubs. Folks in general loved having someone in "command".

BitRaiser said:
In both T1 and 2 I would often take the initative to set up waypoints for 2 distinct squades. 1 O, 1 D. By linking everyone on each squade to a single "captian" everyone had a waypoint set up that they could follow and keep some orginization. Most of the time this would work exeptionaly well even in pubs. Folks in general loved having someone in "command".

They are loving you over in GD, the forum you can't see.

BitRaiser said:

:rofl:

exogen said:
It's alright... your entire Tribes career isn't ruined, you just didn't know. It's not against the RULES (except on certain servers which have house rules), it's just bad ETIQUETTE on public servers. In competition play, anything goes.

believe him on this.....your Tribes career was never in danger

contra to the ego driven mania here at TW, they are not the be all & end all in Tribes.....

there is a TW tradition of not turtling in pubs.....one they assume that EVERYONE must know...since everyone that IS anyone MUST be at TW (its an ego thing, dont worry if it doesnt make sense, you're prob better off)

dont worry about not knowing, just realize that whoever pays for the server makes the rules...you'll run into such rules at times

BitRaiser said:
:lol: Yeah alright buddy. Thanks for the civilized pubbing.

Vivrant said:
in t1 id always give orders to deploy ammo stations at waypoints
I used to do that, except the waypoint would be WAAAAAAAY out of the mission area. Keeps the newbies busy for a while.

Hey, I understand the concept of kicking and teamkilling people who are compromising other people's ability to enjoy the game. But turtling is only boring for the person holding the flag. I don't know about you, but I find it both challenging and interesting to try and figure out a way to get into the base and terminate him/her. Takes some teamwork too, you know.

...Just my 2 cents

I suggest you spend less time being an idiot on T:V servers and more time in english class. Paragraphs are your friend, effhead.

PxR|GrimJack said:
...contra to the ego driven mania here at TW, they are not the be all & end all in Tribes.....

I am the be all and end all in Tribes. In fact, I can clearly remember smurfing as "be all and end all" a while ago.

Back