[T:V] New Weapon Ideas

Sir Lucius said:
You really don't know enough about the burner right know to able to make a statment such as this.
Elmo always does his best to act younger than his namesake. Just put him on ignore. Life is easier that way.

BaloneyNipz said:
Renegades was a mod. There were many, many changes over base. Just because it wasn't a completely different style of gameplay doesn't make it a mutator.
While I understand your point (complexity = mod) that's not true. Think of it like this: Server Side = Mutator. Client Side = Mod. So while everything in the T:V engine ends up being client side, if you could have done it server side in T1 or T2 then it would be a Mutator in T:V. If it required a client download in T1 or T2 then it would be considered a Mod in T:V.

They're not quantitative distinctions, they're technical distinctions. Following the new terminology will help us all to avoid confusion later.

Thrax Panda said:
They're not quantitative distinctions, they're technical distinctions. Following the new terminology will help us all to avoid confusion later.

Ok, that makes sense too. It just scares me that everybody is throwing the word "mutator" around, it gives me the heebie jeebies because I think UT mutators. I don't want to see servers with everything exactly base, except discs fire 3x faster or some gay stuff like that. :ugh:

BaloneyNipz said:
Ok, that makes sense too. It just scares me that everybody is throwing the word "mutator" around, it gives me the heebie jeebies because I think UT mutators. I don't want to see servers with everything exactly base, except discs fire 3x faster or some gay stuff like that. :ugh:

You could do the same thing in tribes and tribes 2 :shrug:

Sir Lucius said:
You could do the same thing in tribes and tribes 2 :shrug:

Yes but it wasn't a point-and-click drop-down menu type thing. You would actually have to mildly understand the scripting language to do it yourself.

As long as I can filter my servers by "pure base" I will be happy. I do not want to play mutated servers, I do not want to play mods, I want to play unadulterated Tribes: Vengeance.

I can't think of any other weapon I want in T:V. Disc, chain, mortar, gren. launcher, and snipe are all in there I assume.

I have a picture in my mind of the burner being carried by a HO. He enters base to rape gens, takes out the burner, and pretty much covers everything in napalm-like shit or something.

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:
new weapons are gay

I assure you that all our new weapons are strictly heterosexual, and those that have been found having relations with weapons of the same sex have been disciplined with spanking and cookies. But mostly spanking.

Exclusive screenshot from T:V Inventory station:

inv.jpg

Similar weapons to T1 but more primative, Nothing crazy like rock launchers (I DID NOT SAY ROCKET) but keep with the whole timeframe theme. Its set before T1 so the technology should reflect that.

Marweas said:
I assure you that all our new weapons are strictly heterosexual, and those that have been found having relations with weapons of the same sex have been disciplined with spanking and cookies. But mostly spanking.

:lol: and thx, I don't play with gay weapons.

GIMPbeowulf said:
A sword would be awesome.

I always wanted to play with that sword the pheonix guy holds in the T1 art pic. I'm all for a short-ranged weapon, since they won't be bringing back the SL. Can you imagine trying to take the flag from some HoF with a big sword? Sounds like fun.

Back