[T:V] New Weapon Ideas

|MrSniper|Nyx

Veteran X
All the current threads are getting old and full, so heres something fresh. Thrax said that besides the jetpack, disk, and sking, everything else is up for grabs. What would you like to see as new/replaced weapons in T:V? I don't have any good ideas at the moment so...

discuss.

Sir Lucius said:
domo mines

whats that?

Id like to see a rocket launcher. I dont mean a missle launcher that locks on with guided missles one sorta like the panzer in RTCW. that has a charge after every shot. but then that might not work with tribes. If it could be cool if it did though.It would probably mainly be used for ground vehicles. other then that i dunno I cant think of anything right now, I'll edit this post if i do.

Last edited:
XeroShift.09 said:
whats that?

Id like to see a rocket launcher. I dont mean a missle launcher that locks on with guided missles one sorta like the panzer in RTCW. that has a charge after every shot. but then that might not work with tribes. If it could be cool if it did though. other then that idunno I cant think of anything right now, I'll edit this post if i do.
stupidly redundant.

Personally I think tribes weapons comlpete a full spectrum of uses...
CG anti floaters.. Disk/gernade vrs ground... plasma close range inside... laser vrs high flying cap routes etc. I would think the only thing missing might be an anti vehicle weapon but I think that would be fulfilled by mortar and other normal guns... The only items I could think of would be movement items like Tr2 stopping with limited ammo or grappling hook.

XeroShift.09 said:
whats that?

domomines.gif

(by Special)

Last edited:
If they do implant a Missle Launcher in T:V like they did T2, they should make it so it only locks on to vehicals, but you should still be able to shoot it freely. Thier is nothing more annoying then having to carry around only flare nades. Agreed?

Speed said:
If they do implant a Missle Launcher in T:V like they did T2, they should make it so it only locks on to vehicals, but you should still be able to shoot it freely. Thier is nothing more annoying then having to carry around only flare nades. Agreed?

There
is
no
ML

FUCKING

The Dave G ray would be a fine addition. When used on another player, their current playing skill goes down by a massive amount, as well as overall playing intelligence. However in particular the players ability to build farms goes down much further, as the player loses all sense on how to design things. A beneficial side effect of the Dave G ray is that the player instantly becomes adept at telling lies. The player hit by the ray may also try to sweet talk the other team into giving him their flag under the promise of "more epic gameplay ideas" in the future.

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:
take weapons list from tribes the first

copy>paste>highlight'elf'>cut

Good lord, its useless asking this community for anything construtive, you've had 5 years to lock your minds against any ideas of change or innovation. Don't you understand that if T:V comes out with the same exact game as T1 you guys will end up pissed off at the lack of new challenges and things to do. It's like legends, after T2 people cried for a game exactly like T1 but with new graphics, and Legends is deliverying, yet you all shun it because "I could just play T1..."

I really don't see why Thrax and his guys waste any time here, they may as well go to the freaking CS community and get smarter responses. The Tribes world needs change, albeit good change, not like Dave G's massive gameplay screwage. It needs change that adds new flavor and style to the game, and while bringing new people in, reminds us vets of why we love this game so much.

[/rant]

A big fucking sword.

The problem with Tribes is that the weapons were so well done the first time, its pretty hard to improve on them.

I liked the emp grenade idea. Making someone lose all their energy from a grenade hit could be really useful, or it could be used to temporarily disable turrets/gens etc.

Last edited:
Back