Player having bad attitude?

Fatal Move said:
...You think that 5150 servers are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Dood i didn't play on any of them in T1 , T2 "If ya had one in T2?" and won't in T:V. I find the so called Veterans that play there to be very arrogant and nasty towards other payers , old or new.

All one needs to do , is read any of your posts and they could see , your nothing but a jerk towards any one other than your little click.

--Fatal

What he said...

Since most of the new bloods need an explanation besides - "trust us, it is not fun".

Try this. If you are in Heavy gear tucked away in your base, how exactly do you plan on capping the flag. You have teammates desparately trying to get your flag back at the enemy base. If one of your teammates kills their flag carrier and makes a great return you are so far from the flag, that you will never cap it.

You will start walking out of your safe base and they will just grab again. And again, and again.

With the flag out in the field it is more fun and challenging AND if your flag gets returned you might actually cap.

What seems like elitist whining from TW vetrans will make sense to you eventually. In fact you will laugh when you think back about your early days in tribes.

yeah turtling is lame and no fun but holy crap stop telling people how they should play and let them play however they want to, retarded or not.

Fatal Move said:
Looks to me that all the vets think they have all the answers? I'm a Vet been playing for many years and i don't agree with any of your treatment of the newer players. Go ahead and password your team stacking server
, who gives a rats ass. You think that 5150 servers are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Dood i didn't play on any of them in T1 , T2 "If ya had one in T2?" and won't in T:V. I find the so called Veterans that play there to be very arrogant and nasty towards other payers , old or new.

All one needs to do , is read any of your posts and they could see , your nothing but a jerk towards any one other than your little click.

--Fatal

If that's the way you feel, then what are you doing here?

I think it's hilarious when the people new to tribes turtle like crazy, but bitch about their flag not being home or returned fast enough for their tastes.

Looks to me that all the vets think they have all the answers? I'm a Vet been playing for many years and i don't agree with any of your treatment of the newer players. Go ahead and password your team stacking server
, who gives a rats ass. You think that 5150 servers are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Dood i didn't play on any of them in T1 , T2 "If ya had one in T2?" and won't in T:V. I find the so called Veterans that play there to be very arrogant and nasty towards other payers , old or new.

passworded servers provide a means for elevated level of play away from idiot-cluttered public servers. People think 5150 servers are great because they ping well, there are plenty of them, they enforce rules, there's a recognizable name, and they cover both coasts. Not everyone who plays a game wants to go play with people just figuring the game out, it's a waste of time to have half a team of idiots.

And it's clique.

ricky_dodge said:
I think it's hilarious when the people new to tribes turtle like crazy, but bitch about their flag not being home or returned fast enough for their tastes.

passworded servers provide a means for elevated level of play away from idiot-cluttered public servers. People think 5150 servers are great because they ping well, there are plenty of them, they enforce rules, there's a recognizable name, and they cover both coasts. Not everyone who plays a game wants to go play with people just figuring the game out, it's a waste of time to have half a team of idiots.

And it's clique.

Thx for correcting my English? I guess you think no one else knows anything about running a server, other than the 5150 people? Glad to see your coming to their rescue ( resku ? no, reskew , help me out here! Is that right? ) I ran a very popular server in T1. There is no need to go on and tell me what it's like and what people do on servers?

By all means, go on and explain the right way to run a server? By adding rules to the server your creating a "Elevated level of play", you say? How so? By telling others what is the best way to play this game? Please , lets put this in perspective. You make the rules on your server for the people who mostly play there, correct? Not for the new players or the people who don't play by your silly rules.

There should only be one standing rule in tribes. The no TK rule is the only rule there should ever be and if the server config has the ability to turn team damage off , you won't even need that rule. Pretty simple and i don't have to spend all my time watching for rule breakers.

P.S. There are plenty of idiot Veterans out there!

--Fatal

Blaaa... This is such a nice community... Came to page 4 then I had enough... Anyways..., new game, new rules... Stop comparing things with the past, and start living and adjusting to the the present... :)

Thx for correcting my English? I guess you think no one else knows anything about running a server, other than the 5150 people? Glad to see your coming to their rescue ( resku ? no, reskew , help me out here! Is that right? ) I ran a very popular server in T1. There is no need to go on and tell me what it's like and what people do on servers?

By all means, go on and explain the right way to run a server? By adding rules to the server your creating a "Elevated level of play", you say? How so? By telling others what is the best way to play this game? Please , lets put this in perspective. You make the rules on your server for the people who mostly play there, correct? Not for the new players or the people who don't play by your silly rules.

There should only be one standing rule in tribes. The no TK rule is the only rule there should ever be and if the server config has the ability to turn team damage off , you won't even need that rule. Pretty simple and i don't have to spend all my time watching for rule breakers.

a. I've never heard of you or your server, and I've played tribes for 6 years.

b. I never told anyone how to run a server, I explained why the 5150 servers were popular. Courtesy rules or "ways you tell people to play the game" are required to ensure the maximum amount of fun for as many people. A utilitarian approach is required to keep people from doing things that ruin the fun for others.

c. TK'ing is NOT the only rule needed. Team damage is the standard for competitive play, so why turn it off for your players? You're only inhibiting their learning process.

Last edited:
Fatal Move said:

--Fatal

:lol: This is funny, because I was a mod player for a few years before I started really playing base, and I still fit in just fine on 5150 servers. Maybe the problem is you?

ricky_dodge said:
b. I never told anyone how to run a server, I explained why the 5150 servers were popular. Courtesy rules or "ways you tell people to play the game" are required to ensure the maximum amount of fun for as many people. A utilitarian approach is required to keep people from doing things that ruin the fun for others. Courtesy rules to ensure that pubs stay fun are a must,

They're not really popular to anyone other than the TW community, which tends to be quite obvious when you join the server. You'll notice name calling, people moaning about this or that and overall piss-pore attitudes from most the recognizable players.

The rules are never really enforced, unless it's a recognizable player saying something about an unrecognizable player. It's always been this way and always will be this way.

ricky_dodge said:
there are other significant tribes communities other than tw?
Please define 'significant'. Significant as in significant to the people on TW? Or significant as in significant to themselves? Believe me, the TW community as it stands right now has NO 'significance' whatsoever compared to the total expected (eg: required in order for T:V to make any $$$) community of T:V players.

So enjoy your 'significance' while you can, boys!

Thrax Panda said:
Coylter,
Tribes has a very old community, with several "house" rules like this.

1. For some reason if you don't have a number after your name you deserve to be hammered in a thread. Shrug it off and keep posting.
  2. Don't O-Snipe in pubs. This is less serious in T:V than previous versions of Tribes, but the general idea is that campers suck in all shooters, and in Tribes Offensive Sniping is the same as camping.
  3. Don't turtle. While it may make sense, it also slows down the game, and anybody who's played a comp game where a turtle started 20 seconds into the match and didn't end will understand just why it sucks. On the other hand, if you can ski like a Monkey Forker and keep away from the enemy that's fine. And if you need to dodge into your base once in a while to refresh your gear, that's fine too as long as you don't set up house in there.
  4. Don't trash the enemy base in a small sided game. It's no fun to play 5 on 5 and have to dedicate one of your 5 people to repairing your base. With such small sides it is nearly impossible to stop somebody who is trashing your base and if one side starts then the other needs to follow suit, soon half of each team is dedicated to trashing and repairing the bases, and the game has degenerated to a 2 on 2. In larger games, go for it unless an admin tells you not to.
These may seem counter intuitive, but it's like baseball. Each park has it's own set of special rules. Many Tribes servers have their own special rules as well.

Welcome to the "community".

Thrax to the rescue!

btw, I support Coylter, I guess, no way he could've known in advance..

let's brace for more of these threads

ruready said:
They're not really popular to anyone other than the TW community, which tends to be quite obvious when you join the server.

I can assure you THEY are also very popular with the Euro community(and the part of it that's not on TW).

the TW community as it stands right now has NO 'significance' whatsoever compared to the total expected (eg: required in order for T:V to make any $$$) community of T:V players.
TW will assimilate a good majority of the newcomers.

Back