Player having bad attitude?

Coylter said:
No a wall hack is not part of the game....if you think it is....its your problem.

Being a cal-level halo player my first reaction was to hide the flag. Sorry if you dont like it.....i did not disrepect any rules.

Really, the whole turtling thing came about because in T1, and espeically in t2, the bases were HUGE, and being in a HEAVY with a SHIELD pack made you an extremely hard target to find, damage, and kill. It was ridiculous.

T:V's bases are much smaller, but it's still not fun for anyone to have to fight through a single entrance only to find a heavy with a shield pack sitting inside. IMHO, this rule should be written into a HINT tip on map load.

Coylter said:
There should not be ANY rules like no sniping and things like that.

IN A GAME you can do ANYTHING the game LET YOU DO. There should not be any non-official rules. I tough that the best way to keep the flag was to keep it in THE MOST SECURE area i could find. Thats called logic.

Yes i was insectoid.....and i tked to defend myself agains wave of teamate trying to kill me. I was realy frustrated to see that my friends did not even TRY to get the flag.

Let me be blunt. If you don't like our rules, then find servers that are unregulated and unrestricted. But be prepared that when you do that you will probably not be playing with the best players.

If you want to play with the rest of us, learn our rules and abide by them. We're open to new players and such, but we favor those who have some common sense. If an entire team is telling you to do something, a reasonable person would do it and then find out why as soon as they could.

And finally, your "CAL-level skill of Halo" doesn't mean jack to us. Hell, a lot of us have done CAL and won for other games. It's not really a big accomplishment.

edit: had to fix grammer. I eff up when not paying attention.

Last edited:
Unless the specific server rules are shown in big, fat letters to the player when he is logging in there is no way anyone can expect him to be familiar with "no turtling" and other rules. Please have an open mind towards new players! T1&2 veterans should know better than this, really.

Oxide said:
Unless the specific server rules are shown in big, fat letters to the player when he is logging in there is no way anyone can expect him to be familiar with "no turtling" and other rules. Please have an open mind towards new players! T1&2 veterans should know better than this, really.

he was told repeatedly by his team to get outside (in his original post)

personally? if I hadnt known the no turtle rule from T2? I'd have stayed inside too...I dont do what everyone tells me to either (ever been told to adjust your FPS by hitting Alt-F4?)

what bugs me is the self righteous attitude of "the TW VETS say it has to be done this way!!!!"

TW has a lot of info....thats why I'm here......gods know its not for the feeling of "community"

BloodyShark said:
Let me be blunt. If you don't like our rules, then find servers that are unregulated and unrestricted. But be prepared that when you do that you will not be probably not be playing with the best players.

If you want to play with the rest of us, learn our rules and abide by them. We're open to new players and such, but we favor those who have some common sense. If an entire team is telling you to do something, a reasonable person would do it and then find out why as soon as they could.

And finally, your "CAL-level skill of Halo" doesn't mean jack to us. Hell, a lot of us have done CAL and won for other games. It's not really a big accomplishment.

^ what he said.

Plus for you Tribes noobs - we can simply password all the good servers and give those passwords out to the vets only to make sure nobody accidentally violates any of the rules.

*Sigh*

Why can't you guys let the game stay the way it is. I'll admit, I've never had turtling problems but why are you making stupid rules to prevent a perfect acceptable form of gameplay from occuring? And then you slam somebody new to the game for doing it.

FIRST MISTAKE: Turtling is FROWNED UPON. It's NOT a rule that you can't do it. You guys need to suck it up and go get the freakin flag, instead of turning up your nose "Oh my god, we have to WORK to get it!? Oh, the agony!" You sound like BABIES.

SECOND MISTAKE: The TKing was ridiculous. Whoever was on the team that TKed him deserve to be banned. TKing is never acceptable in ANY circumstance save one, to kill another TKer until he/she/it is banned.

THIRD MISTAKE: The ASSUMED rule of "No Turtling" may not be known by all players, and you guys just jumped all over him. Well guess what, he can turtle if he wants! It's just like Offensive Turreting is frowned upon, but it's not grounds for banning!

My god you guys are such babies with your "rules to make Tribes easier for you ^_^" How pretty...keep the game in this little box so you can play and have your fun. After 6 years of T1 and playing T2 since it came out, I'm ashamed of you guys *sigh*.

[EDIT: And it's not like I'm not in competative play. My own clan played in the Shifter leagues for T1 and I was part of a scrimming clan in T2. It's not like I don't know what's frowned up, but they're NOT RULES. Suck it up, geez]

Last edited:
How is running into a pile of mortars work? "O look I just got BLOWN THE eff UP, I think I'll suit up and do the EXACT same thing again.. and again..."

You also overlook the fact that when you keep the flag outside you have to make sure your capper is alive and well while trying to take out the opposition's. It's the same concept as turtling, except you're taking out the queerness of hiding and spamming a small enterance.

These rules are there to keep the game flowing instead of playing hide and go [strike]seek[/strike] spam.

=H|B=TechKrill said:
*Sigh*

Why can't you guys let the game stay the way it is. I'll admit, I've never had turtling problems but why are you making stupid rules to prevent a perfect acceptable form of gameplay from occuring? And then you slam somebody new to the game for doing it.
Obviously some servers don't want this behavior going on, and if you don't like it, you're free to leave. It's not like the server grabs you in and prevents you from leaving. You may think that these are "stupid rules," but they're there for a reason, and most of the vets agree that these are good rules to have. If the server owner wants these rules, why can't the server owner have them?

=H|B=TechKrill said:
FIRST MISTAKE: Turtling is FROWNED UPON. It's NOT a rule that you can't do it. You guys need to suck it up and go get the freakin flag, instead of turning up your nose "Oh my god, we have to WORK to get it!? Oh, the agony!" You sound like BABIES.
You need to suck it up and protect the freakin flag carrier, instead of turtling up inside your base and saying "Oh my god, we have to WORK to keep it!? Oh, the agony!" You sound like a BABY.

=H|B=TechKrill said:
SECOND MISTAKE: The TKing was ridiculous. Whoever was on the team that TKed him deserve to be banned. TKing is never acceptable in ANY circumstance save one, to kill another TKer until he/she/it is banned.
I think they TK'd because they were unable to kick/ban the "offender" (the person holding the flag inside). I could be wrong though.

=H|B=TechKrill said:
THIRD MISTAKE: The ASSUMED rule of "No Turtling" may not be known by all players, and you guys just jumped all over him. Well guess what, he can turtle if he wants! It's just like Offensive Turreting is frowned upon, but it's not grounds for banning!
I believe people other in the server, and specifically his teammates told him to stay outside with the flag repeatedly. Yes he can turtle if he wants. He can also be TK'd or kicked for turtling if the players or admin in the server wants.

=H|B=TechKrill said:
My god you guys are such babies with your "rules to make Tribes easier for you ^_^" How pretty...keep the game in this little box so you can play and have your fun. After 6 years of T1 and playing T2 since it came out, I'm ashamed of you guys *sigh*.
I consider the act of sitting around in your base in Heavy Armor with a Shield Pack, while the entrances are spammed, and Turrets do a lot of the work to be much easier to do than for you to stay outside, and have to coordinate with other players in order to keep the flag on your side. The same goes for the offense; I find that being forced to send round after round of Heavy Offense towards a specific point in an enemy base to be much less "skilled" than having to do actual battle (i.e. not just spam), in an open environment.

=H|B=TechKrill said:
[EDIT: And it's not like I'm not in competative play. My own clan played in the Shifter leagues for T1 and I was part of a scrimming clan in T2. It's not like I don't know what's frowned up, but they're NOT RULES. Suck it up, geez]
he he

Coylter said:
There should not be ANY rules like no sniping and things like that.

IN A GAME you can do ANYTHING the game LET YOU DO. There should not be any non-official rules. I tough that the best way to keep the flag was to keep it in THE MOST SECURE area i could find. Thats called logic.

Yes i was insectoid.....and i tked to defend myself agains wave of teamate trying to kill me. I was realy frustrated to see that my friends did not even TRY to get the flag.
Coylter,
Tribes has a very old community, with several "house" rules like this.

1. For some reason if you don't have a number after your name you deserve to be hammered in a thread. Shrug it off and keep posting.
  2. Don't O-Snipe in pubs. This is less serious in T:V than previous versions of Tribes, but the general idea is that campers suck in all shooters, and in Tribes Offensive Sniping is the same as camping.
  3. Don't turtle. While it may make sense, it also slows down the game, and anybody who's played a comp game where a turtle started 20 seconds into the match and didn't end will understand just why it sucks. On the other hand, if you can ski like a Monkey Forker and keep away from the enemy that's fine. And if you need to dodge into your base once in a while to refresh your gear, that's fine too as long as you don't set up house in there.
  4. Don't trash the enemy base in a small sided game. It's no fun to play 5 on 5 and have to dedicate one of your 5 people to repairing your base. With such small sides it is nearly impossible to stop somebody who is trashing your base and if one side starts then the other needs to follow suit, soon half of each team is dedicated to trashing and repairing the bases, and the game has degenerated to a 2 on 2. In larger games, go for it unless an admin tells you not to.
These may seem counter intuitive, but it's like baseball. Each park has it's own set of special rules. Many Tribes servers have their own special rules as well.

Welcome to the "community".

Last edited:
All these rules have reasons for being.

Flags outside rule just keeps the game fast paced. If you cannot do this, dont cap or at least pass it off to someone who can defend it. Please dont turtle it.

Turtling causes standoffs. You turtle, then they turtle. Now you have a map-long stand off in play. This may seem fun at first, but having to flush out a turtle for 20+ minutes gets kinda old, specialy if it happens often.

O sniping is one of the main reasons why people used to turtle. No one wants to sit outside with the enemy flag while people are camping 200 yards off in teh distance taking pot shots. On tribes the laser rifle had unimited ammo, and peopel could even camp outside the mission area. On T:V its not really such a big deal since it has ammo and people cant sit way oob, i dont really consider it an issue at all anymore personaly.

thrax pretty much sumed up why you shouldnt rape when you have less than 5-5.

Pubs are ment to be fun, these rules are in place to keep them that way.

God forbid, these so called Vets have to think while they play? Ya can't do this , ya can't do that, how does anyone have any fun? You can't snipe , you can't turtle.....wtf what can you do on these servers? Ya can play here but you have to play my way, got it! Your all a bunch of Trolls.

Oh yeah and don't team kill the admin and his buddies , but they'll tk you whenever they choose. You so called vets are ruining this decent game with all your dumb ass rules. If the other team is hiding in their base with the flag , go in and get it ya wusses. I do it all the time , trust me it's not that hard and it really doesn't take much effort. Nope you all will just keep whining about it.

I'm waiting for the rule , ya can't run with the flag for more than a minute, that's coming soon! yesterday i ran with the flag for 12 minuts, because my team failed to get our flag back? So i with the flag on my back went and got ours back from their turtle. It's a matter of time before someone whines about the one guy with the flag running for most of the game, this also is boring. If the devs didn't want you to beable to go in the base with the flag , ya wouldn't beable to. ya can't mount any vehicles with it! STFU and play the game and quit whining.

I never heard anyone cry about the flag being in the base during a match? If it's good for match play then it's good for Pub play....So go ahead hide, i'll find ya!

--Fatal

Fatal Move said:
God forbid, these so called Vets have to think while they play? Ya can't do this , ya can't do that, how does anyone have any fun? You can't snipe , you can't turtle.....wtf what can you do on these servers? Ya can play here but you have to play my way, got it! Your all a bunch of Trolls.

Oh yeah and don't team kill the admin and his buddies , but they'll tk you whenever they choose. You so called vets are ruining this decent game with all your dumb ass rules. If the other team is hiding in their base with the flag , go in and get it ya wusses. I do it all the time , trust me it's not that hard and it really doesn't take much effort. Nope you all will just keep whining about it.

I'm waiting for the rule , ya can't run with the flag for more than a minute, that's coming soon! yesterday i ran with the flag for 12 minuts, because my team failed to get our flag back? So i with the flag on my back went and got ours back from their turtle. It's a matter of time before someone whines about the one guy with the flag running for most of the game, this also is boring. If the devs didn't want you to beable to go in the base with the flag , ya wouldn't beable to. ya can't mount any vehicles with it! STFU and play the game and quit whining.

I never heard anyone cry about the flag being in the base during a match? If it's good for match play then it's good for Pub play....So go ahead hide, i'll find ya!

--Fatal

How about we just TK each other the whole time. That will make pubs a lot better.

Meh...

I wish the bases had a big red "flush turtle" button. Seriously though, it should be up to the admins/host. Turtling is accepted strategy in competition play generally but who wants to sit for eons in a pub waiting for a standoff to end on your free time? A standoff can be fun but only if there is title at stake, other than that bring the button.

:hungry: :spam:

Coylter said:
I'm in a pub having fun, trying to grab the flag. Finally I get to grab it and bring it back to base. Too bad the other team has our flag too. So, I go inside the base (winter lake) and put on a heavy armor so I can resist assaults.

I stay in the base with my mortar defending myself while my team goes to get our flag back. At my great suprise my team doesn't go to get our flag; THEY GET INSIDE WITH ME telling me TO GET OUTSIDE. I'm like "what the fu*?". You want me to get outside so the other team can kill me better and get their flag back? What the hell is this?

Finally the morons decide that it's better to kill me and get the flag outside themself. So, a big team killing frag-fest starts. I happen to win the first one again my whole team, but they come back and kill me. Then the "stupid morons" just take the flag and fly outside. I'm frustrated so I kill the stupid moron, take the flag back and return inside.. ONLY TO GET KILLED BY ANOTHER STUPID TEAM MATE.

Finally a moron v2.0 get to bring the flag outside and gets killed. And because of this the other team returns and caps the flag.

What the hell is this?

Not to sound arrogant or anything but I guess that makes it readable for kids above 10.

Back