Possible Diablo 3 Announcement this weekend!

yeah but fanboys wants simultaneous release. i mean if you released a D3 non-mmo without subscription fee's and you sold 360/pc/ps3 - you could have a game that sells more than Gears of war or halo and something comparable to gta4. none of them are complaining about wanting more $$

I dont get fanboys though, the company they seem to love would take a shit on them, cover them in gas, light them on fire and do a line of their ashes if it meant they got money.

I dont get fanboys though, the company they seem to love would take a shit on them, cover them in gas, light them on fire and do a line of their ashes if it meant they got money.

Yea, but they don't do that. They just release good computer games. That's why people like them. If they start lighting their customers on fire then I'm guessing things might change.

Oh i know, Blizzard is one of the good guys.

My only beef with wow is after Asherons Call It annoys me when MMOs cant get that kind of involvment with the world. A dynamic everchanging world that pushes the story along was done 10 years ago why is anarchy online the only other company who even tried it. Wow did a few small events but they were all pretty lacking like the opening of Naxx.

When asheron's call gets 10 million+ accounts or any other game with a feature you like then you will see mmorpgs made like that. I personally thought every future mmorpg would be made like UO but then EQ came along with it's 1/10th the gameplay and it massive sales and that became the future blueprint.

Oh i know, Blizzard is one of the good guys.

My only beef with wow is after Asherons Call It annoys me when MMOs cant get that kind of involvment with the world. A dynamic everchanging world that pushes the story along was done 10 years ago why is anarchy online the only other company who even tried it. Wow did a few small events but they were all pretty lacking like the opening of Naxx.

I know what you mean. I'll admit it, I played WoW for a while. I bought it last Summer and got a warrior up to level 61 before losing interest and canceling my account.

WoW is a well-designed game. Blizzard has implemented a lot of psychological principals to make it addictive and keep people playing. But when it really comes down to it, it's a pretty bare-bones game. You're basically limited to playing the arena games or doing boring quests for CPU characters. There's not much immersion in the world in comparison to games like Ultima Online, where you could do crazy stuff like buy property and build houses. The actual world in WoW is totally static. It's just like a Disneyland full of Blizzard property and NPC's.

WoW is just a streamlined lever-pressing game. Grind for a while. Get a pretty reward. Wash, rinse, repeat. That's all Diablo was, but it didn't market itself as a true MMORPG like WoW does and I found the mythology and story much more interesting.

Last edited:
why? MMOs are just more content filled RPGs that are constantly updated and have a huge player base. I don't understand why people would want it to NOT be an MMO.

Making a standard single player RPG in this day and age is just retarded. Single player games don't sell well anymore. Piracy is ruining the PC gaming market. MMO's can't be pirated (yeah yeah private servers, but who seriously plays those shit holes)

And, well, blizzard has already said they will have future MMO's from other franchises besides warcraft, in an interview like 2 years ago. Only reason they didn't make Starcraft 2 an MMO is because people are so anal about their SC and how they want it, that people would go ballistic if it wasn't a cookie cutter SC RTS.

EDIT: Mark my words. If it's diablo, it will be an MMO.

D2 wasn't an MMO, but everyone played online. Single player was slow and boring to me, but online was great. It was simple but deep, and you didn't have a billion complicated skills and items that MMOs are filled with. I don't want a video game to be as complicated as life.

The most important point though, is that D2 was free to play online. I'll pay the $60 once thank you, not 10 bucks a month as long as I want to play.

1214412325356zg8.jpg

:O

Here is my new official guess...

Ice is a reference to Blizzard, the company name.
The runes represent the games they have made.
There is no intended leak to hint at what their announcement will be.

If you take all your hopes and dreams out of the equation, the logical conclusion at this point...is that any hints at D3 you see, are because you are looking too hard. Some of the stuff people have been thinking up is pretty stretched.

If you take all your hopes and dreams out of the equation, the logical conclusion at this point...is that any hints at D3 you see, are because you are looking too hard.
1. This past week they have stopped re-directing diablo3.com to diablofans.com. They always do this when preparing a domain-name for a new game.

2. Diablo 2's birthday in 4 days.

3. Eat shit and die.

Back