Fallout 3 = Oblivion with guns

Fallout 3 isn't Fallout in the same way that T:V wasn't Tribes.While playing F3, you get the feeling that Bethesda didn't get the "Fallout feel" in exactly the same way that Irrational failed to capture the "Tribes feel" in T:V.

Except t:v sucked, fallout 3 doesnt.

If T:V had it's brand taken off, it would have still been a terrible game. If fallout3 was shipped with "random post-nuclear war name" it would still be a great game and even arguably better.

Fallout 3 absolutely feels like a sequel. It's been 10 fucking years, how can you possibly expect it to be a straight update to the old games. We'd all point and laugh at it for being horribly outdated.

The engine does an amazing job of conveying the huge (dangerous) wasteland and (even more dangerous) ruined cities. The VATS system does a pretty decent job of allowing some measure of turn based combat without bogging down the game and locking you into huge battles having to wait for 15 other combatants to act. It also lets you do all the stuff you used to be able to do like cripple limbs, and target weak portions of armor. The interface, specifically the amazing job they did on the new pip boy, ties everything together with the feel of the series. The SPECIAL, Perks, and Karma are all perfect for the series.

I'm not even half way through it with as an intelligent, charasmatic very good karma character, and I can't wait to play through it again being the most evil kung fu bastard I possibly can. It's a great sandbox game with a fantastic setting, and that's basically why I loved the first two.

i couldn't wait to play through that space game that came out for xbox recently too

but then it turned out that i still skipped all of the dialouge scenes, but picked the red ones instead of blue

also the combat was the same

what is the name of that piece of shit everyone loved so much

i couldn't wait to play through that space game that came out for xbox recently too

but then it turned out that i still skipped all of the dialouge scenes, but picked the red ones instead of blue

Dead Space? If it is 'revolutionary and awesome' for the xboxers, it was done 10 years ago on the PC.

got it today. played it until I got to that shitty first town.

I dunno, its good. But I bought a SHITLOAD of games today.

-lbp
-resistance 2
-endwar
-mgs4
-gta4
-fallout3

so yea, im just starting.

I didn't play Fallout 1.
I didn't play Fallout 2.
I didn't play Oblivion.

I will probably play Fallout 3. :shrug:

ESM = Elder Scrolls Master

If you're going to spend two years telling the world that you definitely are not creating Oblivion with guns, then you might want to consider, oh, you know, making a tiny change to the very first thing that many people see when starting the game that suggests otherwise.

It shows how little work they did on the backend of it. It is essentially a standalone mod.

My god, your daily life must be a absolute horror. The choices you have to make and the reasoning behind your choices. It boggles the mind how a person like you survives.

I predict a indefinite stay at a mental hospital in your future.

My god, your daily life must be a absolute horror. The choices you have to make and the reasoning behind your choices. It boggles the mind how a person like you survives.

I predict a indefinite stay at a mental hospital in your future.

Nah...he works far too hard at this trolling for that.

Okay so no one so far has said why this isn't like the previous games. I haven't played them. I started Oblivion and just didn't get into it, likely because I wasn't that interested at the time, not due to quality issues.

It seems like the Purist faction is saying that "it isn't what we expected and it wasn't made by the same studio, whaaa" but they aren't telling my why it isn't the same or why it's not a "true Fallout".

He just saw it was using the oblivion engine and automatically declared "oblivion with guns" didnt even give it a chance.

He just saw it was using the oblivion engine and automatically declared "oblivion with guns" didnt even give it a chance.

-Using the Oblivion engine.
-Using an interface 100% identical to Oblivion's with the exception of VATS.
-Identical control system.
-Identical Inventory management.
-Identical item use system (infinite instant stimpacks used in combat = all difficulty destroyed).
-Identical (crappy) noncombat NPC animations.
-Identical (crappy) AI and pathfinding.
-Almost identical dialogue system (slightly decrapified).
-Reusal of (untalented) voice talent from Oblivion.
-Identical cell based map system (interior spaces are in another universe than outdoor spaces = myriad of exploits).
-Identical character generation system ( slightly adjusted for SPECIAL).Nice for the first time you start, gigantic pain in the ass every other time).

The game is still worthwhile, but I wouldn't call it "Fallout" with a straight face.

mass effect

Kurayami sounds like someone who masturbates furiously while F5-ing the No Mutants Allowed forum all day long. He whines about Fallout just like they do.

I fucking love this game.

Listening to a Super Mutant cry about his leg as he limps away from my frag mine and then I blow his head off with  Lincoln's Repeater!  is so glorious.

Back