How have you used the lockdown to change your personal habits?

Are you being healthier, less healthy or the same?

• Total voters
My gym posts the workout of the day on you tube as well as SugarWOD so I can keep up. I have also like everyone else been cooking up a storm. My fridge,freezer, and pantry are packed.

My downstairs office/gym. It's a bit of a wire mess but I am always plugging and unplugging shit.
YQsfAqt.png

No more power lifting for me now since gyms are closed and no home equipment. Most stores sold out of any dumbbells or basic workout equipment.

I'm averaging about three pints of beer a day. During my normal schedule I'd only drink on Saturday (5-6 pints). I've scaled back caloric intake, but muscle still rapidly disappearing. Fat increasing. I feel like a soft bitch now.

So I'm drinking way more, not doing any physical activity (no cardio can replace power lifting). Things are going terribly.

Channel 0 you need to MacGuyver shit bro. Milk jugs filled with water etc. When we were in Somalia we had no weights either but you make do. You can use two chairs to do dips, You can do superman push-ups against the wall (handstand push-ups), you can plank for core, you can do air squats, get milk jug filled with water and do lunges etc etc. Best thing to do is do something rather than nothing.

I'm still trying to source out a pair of 30lb dumbbells. I figure with that I can still do a dozen or so of the auxiliary exercises I used to do within +/- 5lbs. Don't think I can find anything to replace squats and deadlifts though. It's all the super heavy stuff I really miss right now that requires an Olympic barbell.

Problem with all of the makeshift equipment, it has the big possibility to be unwieldy if it's unbalanced or the grip is poor, etc.

I put my summer tires back on the car this past weekend, and thought about trying to come up with some lifts using my snow tires, but they're just awkward to hold. Would be pretty sweet if I could lash the four wheels together with an axle and deadlift it though.

now i have to wait outside my favorite bar 2 get a carryout pint

weed store is overrun w/ shitbag out-of-staters so i try 2 go after dinner time when it's less crazy

work is business as usual b/c we're not a bunch of cube dweller pussies who cry about a month of paid vacation

weights r still 2 heavy and best lifted w/ the use of a mechanical device like a pulley or a lever

No more power lifting for me now since gyms are closed and no home equipment. Most stores sold out of any dumbbells or basic workout equipment.

I'm averaging about three pints of beer a day. During my normal schedule I'd only drink on Saturday (5-6 pints). I've scaled back caloric intake, but muscle still rapidly disappearing. Fat increasing. I feel like a soft bitch now.

So I'm drinking way more, not doing any physical activity (no cardio can replace power lifting). Things are going terribly.

Cardio's still good for you and will allow you that extra pint; get out your jumprope and skip.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: My cousin owns a farm and built a home gym in the barn that he refers to as The Pump Shack. I will be borrowing a set of 40lb dumbbells and buying a set of 85lb dumbbells off him. PROGRESS.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: It was kind of difficult and awkward to maneuver a 4x6 100lb rubber stall mat inside. This is what happens after three weeks of not lifting.

Im surprisingly doing pretty good. I can't use the excuse of not having time to go workout in the garage any longer. I've been working from home about 2 weeks, i've hit it 5 days a week so far, not snacking, drinking a lot of water. Just needed a global pandemic to get my motivated back into the gym

Piotrr has been working from home for a few weeks now so he can enjoy freshly cooked lunches instead of the frozen ones I usually make for him. Spring has sprung so garden work = workout. As an introvert I appreciate the social distancing thing. The less people around the better. Nobody that I know of has caught the virus as of yet and I hope it will stay that way. I worry a lot though and get too little sleep.

Back