[NHL] Official Playoffs 2011 Thread

lol

it's a weird feeling just before game 1, because it's really hard to tell if the sharks are about to start a fun/entertaining/deep playoff run & hopefully win the west at least, or they're about to begin being swept out of the first round lol
i think the sharks stand a better chance this year than last year

the strongest teams int he west like detroit and vancouver are very beatable.

sharks just need thornton and heatley to play to the level of their paychecks.

i hope you're right. i feel like they have more talent from lines 2-4 than they had last year. that move for wellwood was pretty underrated & did a lot to settle all the lines. i really hope couture does well in the playoffs as well

chicago looks they have the finals hangover... it's hard to play 82 games that matter, win the cup, have a limited summer and back at it this year...

their player losses impacted it a bit but i don't think as much as people claim... i think the loss of players will impact them now more than the reg season

Their player losses will greatly impact them in the post-season. They don't have the depth that made them such a dominant team last year in the playoffs.

I also think Buffalo will be the Cinderella team in the East this year. They come in with perhaps the best duo of goalie of all 16 teams in playoffs and their core is finally playing to the level they can play. Vanek is a beast, Stafford is a monster and Myers is getting back there. I have high hopes for this team.

WRONG. Vancouver has the best DUO of goalies hands down. Our back up WON 15 games, lost 4, and a few were at the end of the season. Our starter had 38 wins and top in most stats.

1 game down, 15 to go.

:lol:

Ten years later you still don't know shit about hockey eh.

VERY BEATABLE? Vancouver has the best starting 6 D in the playoffs. The best goalie right now, and the best 4th line in hockey.

The coach last night of the Hawks ran his #1 line into the ice last night, trying to score and steal a game.

We ran 4 lines all night. They are tired, and it will show in games 3 and 4.

VERY BEATABLE- explain this? We ran 6 D last night, 2nd game all season we had our TOP 6 D, the last was game 82.

We stay healthy, our defense is going to CRUSH who ever we play.

skillz why are you so offended?

also, do they call you and ask you tips for catchy sayings about how the team hunts together?

finally, do you help them cheat?

BTW when you have 117 points and #1 over all, #1 scorer already, last 2 games of the year are hard to get up and play, regardless of who it is.

You cannot count the loses in Edmonton as a weak link in this team.

The coaching staff for Vancouver is fucking awesome. They keep them so focused after each period. They adjust, they do not let up.

The biggest difference in this Canuck's team compared to the past- they believe in each other and they all respect each others roles on the team and work together from lines 1 to 4.

Our 4th line was unreal last night...

I am so happy I went to 7 games in this years regular season.

BTW, Nashville is going to beat the Ducks. I saw them LIVE in Vancouver, they are very frustrating to play against. They are the new NJ of the West, or the Wild of the West now. They trap ALL game and wait for chances. Goal tending is top's in the league.

They beat Vancouver 0-3 in Vancouver, it sucked :( Then in Nashville next game we beat them 3-1 I think ;)

WRONG. Vancouver has the best DUO of goalies hands down. Our back up WON 15 games, lost 4, and a few were at the end of the season. Our starter had 38 wins and top in most stats.

1 game down, 15 to go.
luongo and schneider are nowhere near as good as thomas/rask but whatever... dumb homers are adorable

malhotra out will hurt the canucks in the playoffs, not winning every faceoff when he's on the ice is too important

:lol:

Ten years later you still don't know shit about hockey eh.
10 years of canadian hockey domination amirite? :rolleyes:
VERY BEATABLE? Vancouver has the best starting 6 D in the playoffs.
wrong
The best goalie right now
rofl
and the best 4th line in hockey.
...i doubt you even know who your 4th line is or else you wouldn't have claimed this... then again you're a homer so facts will just scare you away.

The coach last night of the Hawks ran his #1 line into the ice last night, trying to score and steal a game.
you don't know the coach's name, or probably who plays on the hawks first line. that said wow, you held a line scoreless and had multiple chances... why play the rest of the games you guys should win the cup!

We ran 4 lines all night. They are tired, and it will show in games 3 and 4.
they are tired because they played more games and more meaningful games than you did last year...? shocking

VERY BEATABLE- explain this? We ran 6 D last night, 2nd game all season we had our TOP 6 D, the last was game 82.

We stay healthy, our defense is going to CRUSH who ever we play.
because vancouver isn't that good? what has your defense ever done in the post-season other than nothing? vancouver very well might win the cup but... pfft long way to go dude.

too many games against calgary, edmonton, colorado and minnesota have fogged your already foggy mind.

Last edited:
goalies in the playoffs that i would start before luongo:
thomas
lundqvist
miller
fleury
rinne
bryzgalov
price

too bad hiller is out :lol:

goalies in the playoffs that i would start before luongo:
thomas
lundqvist
miller
fleury
rinne
bryzgalov
price

too bad hiller is out :lol:

Can't wait quote all of this later in the playoffs. That and so many atrocious statements above.

Can't wait quote all of this later in the playoffs. That and so many atrocious statements above.
:rolleyes: great another homer

Are you upset that i would start 7 other goalies before luongo?

Also, why would this be something quotable?
Did i say luongo can't win a cup? no.
I would start luongo over niemi who has a ring... *mind blown*

all i've claimed is that they dont have the best 6 d, they dont have the best 4th line and they are beatable. what's wrong about that? if they win the cup and none of this changes... :lol:

Back