Grow the fuck up

The problem is that many people dont think it's a good game.
If speed was the problem for the majority, then it would be played by alot more people today.
Speed is something you can change with a simple mutator.
Personally i think it was a dumbed down version of Tribes...especially if you look at the learning curve.
They made a mainstream game the mainstream didnt want.
A T1'ish game with the T2 inv items would've given them alot more in their pockets then T:V did/do.
Hell an updated version of T2 would probably sell more.

CrashNBurN said:
Wow, people still play T1.... I might have to start that back up!

Ya man there are a few of us die hards still here. and with Tribes Live! new release coming out things should be getting even more fun when Tribes Live! gets more maps built. The coolest thing about it is how people are going to be able to submit new client-side maps.

Also many more features are coming such as updated game server lists incase master goes down. Stats and other crazy stuff. I also see potentially making a complete game upgrade for it in the future.

www.tribeslive.com

check it out get involved if ya down. Be bad ass to see tribes 1 revive itself like never before. Its a bad ass game and no other game can match its gameplay.

One more thing tribes live will do is help to create configs for new players in the future along with voice packs and other cool crap like that.

:sex:

zigzag, you would make a good thug.

j/k, you're a faggot that has too many zits. go kill yourself by injesting pimple juice.

Like many here have said, TV isnt a bad game on its own, but honestly it strayed to far away from a lot of the inherent characteristics of the game that it really upset a lot of Tribes fans VERSUS new folks who may have discovered Tribes with TV.

At least T1 and T2 are similiar in feel and scale, deployables, command map, features etc. T2 just added some new and nerfed the speed of the base game down quite a bit. (classic brought the speed back).

TV may have something like Tribes skiing and the core weapons, but the whole feel of the game is very foreign compared to Tribes and Tribes 2. Yeah yeah we all heard they said it would be a different game...My question is why? And now that decision has wielded its ugly results.

Its hard to be a diehard Tribes fan and honestly try and love TV, Its very hard. Maybe continued support of the game could have helped, but in my opinion, they would have had to rebuild so much of the game to do that. Making TV into a good Tribes game would have required a lot more than tweaking weapons , vehicles and making new maps. Hell just fixing the server alone would have taken some work.

Last edited:
Back