Shooting on VA Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably don't know anyone in Iraq either, and neither does most of of America.

I don't see 30 page threads about people who are deeply concerned/bothered/upset when suicide bombings that kill 150 people go down, and they go down quite often too.

maybe so, but i do go to college that has dorms and open class rooms, the first thing i thought about when i heard the news was holy shit this could have really happened anywhere. i could just picture some random ass guy with a couple guns shooting up my floor.

Proper training in order to get a concealed weapon permit is required. Criminals can easily obtain guns without going through these channels.
OK MAN YOU ARE RIGHT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SHOULD CARRY GUNS IT WOULD BE A MUCH SAFER PLACE YOU ARE CORRECT JOMO

you're a fucking dumbass

your president will be talking in an hour from what i heard on cnn

also on SA some goon's brother had a confrontation with the shooter and managed to block him out of a classroom while the shooter was shooting at him through the door he was holding shut. they've been playing an interview clip of him on cnn under the name "trey"

If you seen someone shooting other people in a school like that, would you hesitate to pop that person in the head with a bullet?

I can assure you that no one in their right mind would let that person just continue on killing. There are times when being a pussy is not the way to go. Shoot that fucker and yell out "Headshot" when you do.

What is there to update on?

The guy shot someone in the Dorm. Hid out for 2 hours. Chained up the doors on the bulding. Shot ~60 people then killed himself.

VT is full of bloggers and such, there has to be links to firsthand accounts. TW would usually be on top of this shit but today this thread was hijacked by assholes.

I didnt read the whole thread.. Im pretty sure there are people on here that go to that school. Everyone ok?

Most of the people that I know are TWers have more or less checked in by posting in this thread. I think we are all okay.

I want a list of names though. I can't get ahold of half of my friends. :/

Yeah but how many more school ground fights would result in death by shooting? This is just one of many scenarios that WOULD happen if that were the case. For fucks sake use some common sense.

for all you know, zero. you seem to think people in general place no value on life. petty squabbles settled via pistol duel ... come on get real.

maybe so, but i do go to college that has dorms and open class rooms, the first thing i thought about when i heard the news was holy shit this could have really happened anywhere. i could just picture some random ass guy with a couple guns shooting up my floor.
yea, it's pretty wild, and it certainly gives us a reality check

but the public outpouring of emotion and melodrama that will occur over the next 6 to 8 weeks is laughable

Clearly lockdowns failed, the kid played the system - why not stage a shooting (like he did) and then go with the bomb? Or the other way around, do the shooting on the evacuation from the bomb threat. We really need to rethink these policies - they aren't working and they set students up for mass casualties.

Remember the fire alarm shootings where the kids picked off the people as they came outside?

You probably don't know anyone in Iraq either, and neither does most of of America.

I don't see 30 page threads about people who are deeply concerned/bothered/upset when suicide bombings that kill 150 people go down, and they go down quite often too.

my point was you cant say the whole country doesnt care when some of the people do.

would you rather there be no outpouring of emotion? would you rather everyone just be like you and shrug it off like its nothing?

Last edited:
Most of the people that I know are TWers have more or less checked in by posting in this thread. I think we are all okay.

I want a list of names though. I can't get ahold of half of my friends. :/

:( link

they're saying that half the people who are in emergency don't have id on them and they're doing mass grief counceling in the hospital waiting rooms to anyone who shows up, friends or family.

Everyone carrying guns is not a practical solution. It actually just makes things harder for the police, imagine going into a place looking for a gunman, and someone around every corner is bunkered down watching the door, gun drawn. That's incredibly dangerous, and what if a large majority did carry handguns, and he just happened on a room without a handgun owner? What you're really proposing is an armed vigilante brigade that just isn't reasonable.

The practical solution is to figure out what sort of mental disorder or temperament leads to this kind of stuff. Rational people don't go shooting 32 innocent people because your g/f is a bitch. It's a societal thing, either the parents were incompetent and really just screwed this kids head up, or the guy was insane.

You can't really claim insanity with someone who kills so systematically either. Like the columbine kids, entering rooms and with enough ammo to go on a rampage. It's just a freak individual with an anger issue. One where he got so mad he lost control (at least that's what it sounds like).

Yeah, no shit. The amount of casualities as a result of our millions of stupids being drunk and retarded would by far outnumber the casualties resulting in the small random bloodbaths we see every 3 or 4 years.

On the plus side, the number of of people getting drunk and rambunctious while carrying a weapon would decline dramatically, and the number of stupid people would decline as well.... just a thought :)

my point was you cant say the whole country doesnt care when some of the people do.
Yes, because I really meant every single American doesn't care.

Ok how about 9 out of 10? Does that work? I have no doubt those who went to the school and knew individuals who were hurt do care, but that's about it really.

the day of the shooting is a little too early to deal with all the politcal jargonisms that come with it

wtf is wrong with you people trying to argue in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back