fire's opinion on t1 and t2 players what do you think

idk how someone becoming a top draft pick and put in peoples top 10 players and beating your team in a draft tourney is "failed miserably" please explain that to me

is this also like rtcll being rated over fire as a t:a chaser because "everyone good had quit" despite the reddit thread it happened in having 100s of replies and votes

are u fuckin retarded kestrel

I played while they all still played

or do u just get off on trolling one thread per year

T2 - T-whateverthefucknumberwereon sucked to some degree or another and had no real lasting power. I still don't understand the love for t2 by some but there's clearly a fan base.

This has nothing to do with the thread.

idk how someone becoming a top draft pick and put in peoples top 10 players and beating your team in a draft tourney is "failed miserably" please explain that to me

is this also like rtcll being rated over fire as a t:a chaser because "everyone good had quit" despite the reddit thread it happened in having 100s of replies and votes
draft tourneys were 'for fun' nonsense that has no bearing on actual t2 competition. u could sperg out and do nothing but snipe on a hill and still make an impact when the games are 14 v 14. Game is totally different in 7 man, which is where stork failed against actual competition. Lof isn't even a position in 7 man, bc ur spending 90% of your time with your thumb up your ass looking for cappers while the enemy team destroys the rest of your d.

t;a newbs didn't even rate me in their weird reddit rating nonsense, and i was consensus top player for very long time. all i can say is that nobody at the top ever noticed him bc he wasn't as good as the other players

rofl u delusional bro

I think you're just mad that you weren't as good as you would've liked

where do you rank kudos on your list?

You have to remember that snh lost to deadstop, a team made up primarily of legions players if I'm not mistaken. Snh disbands prob because of a nerd meltdown and them tribe hard is formed or whatever they were called. They go onto to lose to basically deadstop again and bam there you have it - projs ta career. The mighty snh master of tribe universe couldn't handle a legions team. No discredit to legions cuz that game will make a man out of you.

As for my 7 man failure, the first time I played snh was on maps that I had played before and we kept it pretty close. Mind you this is a scrub team I'm playing on with lix and fett in the first couple of months. The next time we challenged them we had a better team but snh chose a date 2 days after our challenge and we got two maps we had never played before. We had no time to practice and got rolled by a stacked team. We played them a few days later in a scrim on same maps and kept it close. I can post demos once I find them.

I srsly went from 21st pick in 200+ sign up tourney to the 9th pick a few months later then 2nd overall a cpl after that. I was like 29-2-1 in t2 7 man and tourney games. I played under darkstrand then with scp guys then with nevares/julius/hawson/haggis/sterio - basically the true #1 team cuz snh never beat them. I don't know what else there is left to prove.

i will tell you right now rtcll and proj were both better than me at chasing mechanically. my teams still beat theirs tho due a little in part to our defense strategy. there were definitely a few other chasers at the time who were better fps players than me and were better mechanically but none of them played for the team as well as me.

coming into t:a i had very little time in any pc fps (3 years of on and off pc gaming) and was the third best chaser on the team when we started playing t:a (we had two others who came from older tribes games who were more experienced/better at first). but i do think i climbed to the top having the little experience i did and was the top chaser in t:a for a little while in between proj quitting and rtcll playing. i also wasn't playing much at this time and quit because the game was boring after having only played rtcll in maybe one best of three that i remember. i never even reached rank 50 in t:a myself (this is about 1k hours of gametime). i think i stopped at rank 48 or some shit and gave my account away to mukhtar who needed a new account because he said he was getting banned from servers. he hit rank 50 on my account rofl.

people don't remember the early pugs when proj was the best player (or close to it) in every position in the game. the team he was on would win and i would captain and first pick him. most of the t:a players just remember reddit pugs where rtcll dominated and was nominated NA player of the year by some euros despite never actually winning anything (no offense rtcll this award should have gone to remics or matin (who is a euro but still rocks at tribes, also t1 player) or kudos or someone who was at the top of their positions and played/won a lot during the 2012 year).

these 2 basically paralleled each other in what they did in t:a which is kinda funny

i will end the debate and say proj and rtcll were both the best chasers in the game during their respective time periods and i sandwiched that for a little while as the best.

You have to remember that snh lost to deadstop, a team made up primarily of legions players if I'm not mistaken. Snh disbands prob because of a nerd meltdown and them tribe hard is formed or whatever they were called. They go onto to lose to basically deadstop again and bam there you have it - projs ta career. The mighty snh master of tribe universe couldn't handle a legions team. No discredit to legions cuz that game will make a man out of you.

snh was definitely better than us for a while but we held out until our first match when we beat them. they didn't have any good cappers and didn't play the game as much as we did which is why we won.

this is a big thread of ppl underrating everyone else's skills lol

Last edited:
oh no Dare I actually think exactly the opposite of the t2 hitscan lasers making u good at other tribes game.

the t1 player has all prediction and leading. with this comes good mouse control which is all you need for any future game requiring hitscan -- much harder to go from hitscan to all of a sudden having to predict

t:a specifically the sniper was op broken shit so it's not really good for comparison since we can all agree this was barely a tribes game. you are right in that disc/nade/chain will make you a better player in a real tribes game.

i think chaingun and laser rifle aim tho are a better to predict who will be good at other fpses because no projectiles in other games behave like t1 projectiles w/ their inheritance.

this just my opinion tho who cares lol

Last edited:
but snow and i went to arena in t2 and within a week of playing without interpolate we had beaten every arena team except the snap crackle pop guys

snow ended up beating hybrid in duels and he was not interpolating

we played all of our matches 2v3 with no interpolate except one

and when we did match against scp they just got in medium armor with shield pack and cg'd with polate which we didnt have but we took a few rounds from them anyway

when i read legends of arena threads by t2 players i can count off the people i beat in that month or so long period of time that are ranked best of the best players that snow and i wrecked

I can't comment with a tremendous amount of context as I quit in ~04-05, but the level of competition of T2 arena was plunging by 2003 or 2004. I recall thinking it was ripe and bloated by the time the TribalWars LANs occurred.

so u even admit matin was a good t:a player or the best and he used to pu with us with his fat gf laura a lot before t:a came out

i just think this is a very obvious issue

no one is saying t2 players are bad at vidya games

the only thing ppl are saying is LT is a deeper game than t2 because of the way it plays

and we've had lots of people go to the sequel games and become insanely good but it seems like ppl that played the sequels are stuck in their frame that it is the best

and honestly just giving t1 a serious try would probably open people up to it but no one has done that or seems willing to

and this is disappointing because it means that any future tribe games will not be able to take the depth of our game into consideration

The only player I've seen come into T1 from TA or T2 is Fire the rest of them seem content claiming superiority and dominance but refuse/scared/too lazy to prove it.

I get it if you want to claim your game is more enjoyable for you everyone gets an opinion but how can people claim dominance when they've never even had one person come in and get good at T1 but plenty of T1 players can claim the opposite.

blitz came to t1 for like 6 months of daily play before t:a

a few of us sent him configs and demos and stuff he was on irc and really serious

but he could not figure anything out to be useful and gave up

one day a man will suicide bomb these fucks at a lan and that man is me

The only player I've seen come into T1 from TA or T2 is Fire the rest of them seem content claiming superiority and dominance but refuse/scared/too lazy to prove it.

I get it if you want to claim your game is more enjoyable for you everyone gets an opinion but how can people claim dominance when they've never even had one person come in and get good at T1 but plenty of T1 players can claim the opposite.

this is the truth and a phd mathematician said it you are all unintelligent scum if u dont believe this tell this to ur t2 friends projectile u do not know anything and mabel is a fag 2

i play trieb 1 then i go play trieb 2 then i win tourny then i go to finals and lose cuz ppl not show for final then i win tourny again

Back