fire's opinion on t1 and t2 players what do you think

u also like to defend useless yes men retards that got their start in high profile jobs because of nepotism

basically u r defending a nerdy sperg version of paris hilton from criticism

its okay tho idc i am just saying it is fuking gay to delete posts that point that out on ur forum

and im not attacking nepotism in totality just in the fact that fishstix uses it completely to further himself instead of altruistically or for survival

I don't have a chance to post anything big right now but one thing I will say is that you can't say anni players would be better than t1 players at a new game

And I only need to list one reason before anything else: competition

the amount of competition in base was huge for its time, which before I even try to argue skill required & movement etc in base/lt compared to anni, what u need to focus on is how high the level of play was and how people were forced to reach new levels. it's like comparing a league like the NBA compared to a German league. You'll have players that are considered great for their league, but really can't match up to the NBA where there has consistently been the highest level of structured competition. May be a gem here and there but in general, no. It then makes plenty of sense why, historically, most of the best lt players came from base.

My hands are fucking freezingvl waiting forcmyctrain so I'll continue this later

tho there are a few exceptions (rtcll being the obvious one), if you took all the top level t1 and t2 players into some other fps game (quake or unreal or some shit), i definitely think the t2 players would be better. i attribute this to their sniper rifle but maybe its not. maybe its something else (larger player population who play other fpses?). this is the "general fps skill" im talking about.

i think you're thinking too lightly of the strategy involved in t2c just as the t2c players think too little of the depth of t1lt. but since i was never there i can't say too much about it.

allow me to rant

the majority of people can only see whats in front of them and not whats behind it. they see t1 LT and only see repetition. they don't see the unique plays and adjustments each player makes that goes into the grand scheme of the game and how it changes the outcome of each scenario.

an LO on top of dx base spots enemy capper attempting a pass to his home d with his teammate chaser and capper on his back. instead of helping get the return he camps and waits to see if they can get it themselves. flag gets returned/his team caps/he regrabs dj up the mid and suddenly you have a two cap swing. people wont see that. they will see some dude sitting in a base and then he grabs the returned flag. they will notice the 2 cap swing but not the thought process. so LT is boring/repetitive/no strats.

a game doesnt need vehicles and deployables to make it a thinking mans game. base strats are usually painfully obvious. but to me they are painful to play. you spend so much time repairing and deploying and defending gens..just so some1 has a rough time grabbing your flag. you face waves of offense usually a minute or so apart rather than a constant pressure being applied. it's boring to me. throw all of this on top of a dumbed down game and there is only so much fun to be had. 7v7 t2c feels like butter over 2 much bread. it is ridiculously offense favored and total hell to play.

t1 LT makes the other tribes games look stupid imo. anyone who can enjoy those games and defend those games has no idea what they are even saying. it is sad to see that nobody from other games(except fire) has the balls to give it a legit shot. I gave t2 a legit shot with fett and lix and we all became good players and won many games within a years time. we lost two matches overall in 7man both of them to SnH(darkstrand, projectile, meyog, tarzul, zprotoss, etc) and we had leads on some of the maps. I ended up joining two of the last 7 man teams to beat them (SCP and basically catch 22). This is equivalent to if proj had gave t1 a year to play and ended up joining elite hackers and starting. would ds/proj/tarzul have been able to join the LT ladder in 05 and form a team capable of putting up a lead on texas rangers? lol..no. no way in hell.

I hate reading the bullshit people type about tribes and what game is the best. I hate reading anything T:A related on tribes reddit. Now some dudes are making another tribes clone and supposedly it feels like t1. I'm excited for it but the chances of getting a game that plays anything like t1 LT are as slim as me.

I hear legends was much like LT in fact I heard from a special someone that LT was based off legends.

this thread is gr8

i enjoy stork lying about his time in t2 vry much

he stopped 1 capper in 2 maps the only time he played a real offense, i just rewatched the demos, it's prty fantastic

shift go fix your aids patient face and allow the ppl who know what they are talking about to speak.

as for tribes players and their transitions, I'm not even sure if it was purely t1 that made me good at other FPS's because I simply played a ton of FPS's and all at a high level of competition. Because of this I don't really know if there's a law that dictates which type of tribes player would be better at a new game. I've obviously spent the most time in t1 vs t2 but I still am not really sure there's an answer... though I do think t1 players develop more awareness for the most part

when I started playing t:a and dominated every position of the game (minus capping I didn't want to spend the time sperging out on routes) I did wonder why. I was playing in the grand finals of tournament when I was in the lower rank 20's vs the guys who were already max 50.. I don't remember what kind of playtime this mean but it was probably like 100 hrs vs 1000. the physics were nothing like t1, skiing and jetting were completely different, projectiles and inheritance didn't feel like t1, shit half the game was looking around constantly spotting cappers, and if they did grab I could just nitron and force them to drop it -- shit that definitely wasn't in tribes

I mean t1 experience did help with understanding of that type of high speed ctf gameplay, but I think the game had more similarities to t2 than t1 and there were a lot of t2 players who just didn't really stand out to me.

honestly I tried playing t1 at some point and it was impossible after playing t:a. I couldn't remember how to jet and move and shoot properly with inheritance. I don't even know if I answered any questions because I have just typed random shit but I think what determines who will be good at future games is how good of a gamer they already are with a large variety of competition at the highest level. experience with the same type of gameplay also helps.

rite if ur good at a certain type of game it isnt oging to matter wat game u play ull still be good in it

but that isnt what fire was saying he was directly arguing that because of hitscan lasers t2 ppl r better than t1

which i just found fucked considering hes been playing t1 for 2 years now and is still terrible

blitz did the same exact thing too

and i think ppl like stork and i are just disappointed because we know how much depth a game like t1 LT has and we;ve played the other versions and found them boring

and the reverse hasnt happened the people from the sequels have never been able to get good @ and play t1

so all future iterations of the game are going to be based off games that were broken and crap in the first place like t2

oh no Dare I actually think exactly the opposite of the t2 hitscan lasers making u good at other tribes game.

the t1 player has all prediction and leading. with this comes good mouse control which is all you need for any future game requiring hitscan -- much harder to go from hitscan to all of a sudden having to predict

Last edited:
oh no Dare I actually think exactly the opposite of the t2 hitscan lasers making u good at other tribes game.

the t1 player has all prediction and leading. with this comes good mouse control which is all you need for any future game -- much harder to go from hitscan to all of a sudden having to predict

yep i completely agree hitscan is ez mode as fuck

y is rtcll talking like he good at game

dude was a nobody until everyone good at t;a quit cause there was no money and the game sucked

Wow u know from the other side this is kinda retarded. Sorry for shit posting lol

Sent from my B1-730 using Tapatalk

people can say the same thing about t2 and you proj this is why i dont get the t2 elitism by people like you and mabel etc

all of the good ppl in t1 have tried t2 and performed really well

none of the people in sequel games have been able to do the same in t1

and then they wonder why the newest tribes game that tried to reinvent the wheel for the 5th time bombs out or is hated

the game wasnt broken the first time around solely from luck so trying to fix it is a completely pointless endeavor that just alienates the player base even more

all of the good ppl in t1 have tried t2 and performed really well
no they haven't

i already told u what happen when stork tried to play t2 against an actual team. he failed miserably, bc it's a different game when u actually have to think about how u play and not spend entire map spinning around in circles and dying to HO clear. Fett and a couple others are prty good, but none of them are nearly as good as the top t2 players. nobody good from t2 has seriously attempted to play t1 bc the game is boring and lame in comparison.

in dis tread we gots multiple nubz gamerz spergin out boutta irrelevant chit
not 2 be taken srs as dey not gud at any ofda games dem talkin bout

heh heh sorry but troo. . gotta take witta graina salt

Back