omgwtfroguebuild

Vulcan1 said:
the best crit spec is 30/8/13

there is no disputing that

however, 21/8/22 gives a lot more utility.

well, im 15-0-12 at lvl 36. i find most folks like to argue about final specs. to me, final spec builds often have very little to do with what's best for leveling and pvp on the way to 60...

my priorities in order:

- Master of Deception
- Evis/Malice -->> Lethality
- Opportunity -->> Imp Ambush -->> Imp Sap
- Preparation (21 points in subtlety)

After that? we'll see. I'm lookin at 23 pts in Subtlety i think.

Maybe ill do Cold Blood. I have to think about it... (that's why i assume you say 21 assassination is good). I dont see why one needs to go to 30 pts for crit. I dont see the reasoning.

However, Setup sure sounds friggin nice...

I can see doing 23-0-28 with Imp Kidney Shot & Lethality being the big payoffs from Assasination. I wouldnt have Cold Blood, but that looks like fake gold to me... until lvl 60 and real pvp (that's all it looks good for).

don't ever take improved kidney shot. ks is affected by diminishing returns. if you ks one after the other you will see your 5 point ks not last 6 seconds, but more like 3 or 2.

FunK-BomB said:
combat/sword or mace all the way

I'd rather do good constant damage rather than rely on a crit to get good DPS
if you get good eq and spec right you will crit every 3rd hit shot and your bs will crit regulary and do tons of fucking damage without becoming a fucking liability since you cant do gigantic burst DPS on mobs/people and end shit quickly and sit there wide in the open while you SS/kidney shot/ss/ss/ss/evisc etc

go assassination or you are are worthless in raids and pvp

It's hard to go wrong with rogues. It just depends on your playstyle.

Personally, I like to kill people before they can even react, then vanish just as their 10 friends turn around to avenge his death. So I'm a 30/8/13 dagger spec build.

If you like giving your opponents a (relatively) slow death while they mash their keyboard, go with a a combat build based on stuns and high damage sinister strikes.

Vulcan1 said:
don't ever take improved kidney shot. ks is affected by diminishing returns. if you ks one after the other you will see your 5 point ks not last 6 seconds, but more like 3 or 2.

Improved KS is kickass for PvP. I have no idea what you're talking about. Regardless of diminishing returns, being able to keep your opponent helpless is a huge advantage.

TechnoDonut said:
Improved KS is kickass for PvP. I have no idea what you're talking about. Regardless of diminishing returns, being able to keep your opponent helpless is a huge advantage.
i've thought about it too and i think the big advantage is being able to interrupt spells repeatedly.

you have gouge, kick, and ks , and even vanish + cs for this so i don't know ...

AutoMiss said:
if you use a dagger in main hand you are a fucking faggot and should delete your rogue and cancel your wow account
you're fucking retarded

God I wish you could duel across servers just so I could kill you before you can even hit evasion.

Last edited:
go combat and sword/maces to level up. all you'll ever have to do is hit sinister strike and eviscerate and you'll be fine.

once at 60, get yourself a barman shanker and whatever in the offhand (i use heartseeker), and respec 30/8/13.

combat rogues are nice and all but half the talent tree is made up of defensive talents that aren't going to be used at all in an instance. not to mention that a dagger rogue wipes the floor with a combat rogue in pvp. you do your damage in bursts while they do their damage over time so stuns are so much more effective for you.

rogue has minimal utility in groups (sap? woo. polymorph is better) so focus on damage. your mileage may vary. some people like 21/8/22 for preparation (its better for 1v1 pvp), but i'll take seal fate any day.

Last edited:
sekdar said:
go combat and sword/maces to level up. all you'll ever have to do is hit sinister strike and eviscerate and you'll be fine.

once at 60, get yourself a barman shanker and whatever in the offhand, and respec 30/8/13.

combat rogues are nice and all but half the talent tree is made up of defensive talents that aren't going to be used at all in an instance. not to mention that a dagger rogue wipes the floor with a combat rogue in pvp. you do your damage in bursts while they do their damage over time so stuns are so much more effective for you.

rogue has minimal utility in groups (sap? woo. polymorph is better) so focus on damage. your mileage may vary. some people like 21/8/22 for preparation (its better for 1v1 pvp), but i'll take seal fate any day.
thats what im leaning towards

except right now ive been lucky enough to pretty much be using a good dagger mainhand up until now (5k til lv40)

im 11/06/13 atm

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?56385

im pretty much throwing all following points in assassination

Your sub talents need work Bodom. Rapid concealment is pretty much useless unless you get improved ambush, since it's unlikely you'll kill an opponent (at full HP) in less than 7 seconds.

Back