omgwtfroguebuild

Dyno said:
Your sub talents need work Bodom. Rapid concealment is pretty much useless unless you get improved ambush, since it's unlikely you'll kill an opponent (at full HP) in less than 7 seconds.
see i was wondering about that.

does rapid conceal work during a fight... (as in if you kill something in one shot or whatever you can pretty much disappear again) or is rapid concealment for after a kill and then how quickly you go from "in combat" to being able to stealth again

i thought it was the end of fight -> stealth time. i probably respect around 45 or so then

Vermillion1 said:
combat rogue better for pve
sub/ass rogue better for pvp (basically upfront pwnage on anything not wearing plate)

My build is 21/2/28 (cold blood + preperation) I didnt really care for the end tier talents and seal fate will be fixed soon enough.

Yeah? How's that pvp spec work against level 55 guards? I bet you fucking tear ass d00d.

Bodom said:
see i was wondering about that.

does rapid conceal work during a fight... (as in if you kill something in one shot or whatever you can pretty much disappear again) or is rapid concealment for after a kill and then how quickly you go from "in combat" to being able to stealth again

i thought it was the end of fight -> stealth time. i probably respect around 45 or so then

yes, it works as you fight. the second you break stealth and start fighting, watch your stealth icon. it takes ten seconds to cooldown, which is usually up by the time you kill an opponent, allowing you to restealth immediately out of combat. rapid concealment brings it to 5 seconds, so if your fight is over in 5 seconds you can immediately restealth instead of waiting around another 5.

now, say you're in a big pvp battle and your group absolutely needs some guy in the back dead. you sneak up behind him and ambush->vanish->ambish->thistletea->cb eviscerate. they are now dead in about 5 seconds, and you're standing there with the deer-in-headlights expression on your face while your stealth cools down. you sprint away but the dude's group is pissed, snares you, and kills you. with rapid concealment you could restealth slightly quicker.

that's about the only use for the talent and it is regarded as the most useless of the first sub talents. camouflage is great but IMO MOD is even better. rapid concealment is way too specialized to be of a lot of use.

rapid concealment is kind of a waste, if you engage with a group of people youll more then likely still be in combat unless you can run far enough away without vanish.

play with MoD or camo instead. personally i like camo the most due to walking speed boost esp once you get stealth rank 4.

in the end game: dagger > sword build.
ive used both and the burst damage a well equipped and well played 30/8/13 rogue can dish out is just insane. (even when they do fix seal fate, i play it like im only relying on 2 points to be given to me not 3)

its not to say you shouldnt never use a sword, i plan to get rend's set for fun, but in group play, backstab's dmg and crit rate is way better then sitting there mashing SS. seal fate + BS shines once you get around a 25% base crit rate to feed into imp BS and imp ambush.

blah blah

combat is great for frontline rogues when grouping for xp, but a dagger/crit build is superior when soloing mobs that can be attacked one at a time (or if you opt for improved sap)...

Daggers simply offer more impressive damage (than swords) if you choose to go with a high crit build (though in general, using daggers in this fashion requires MORE skill on the part of the user than a sword build... its like a riding a bike on your own, or riding with training wheels)...

Combat rogues are still solid in PVP duels, but so far as I have seen, that are lacking in burst dps in raids and group vs group...

P.S. if you are a NE, you can use shadowmeld in place of rapid concealment... shadowmeld and stealth run on different cooldown timers, so while stealth is refreshing, you can jump into shadowmeld.

Maniacal said:
P.S. if you are a NE, you can use shadowmeld in place of rapid concealment... shadowmeld and stealth run on different cooldown timers, so while stealth is refreshing, you can jump into shadowmeld.
I highly doubt that would be a feasible method, at least in my style of play. I love nothing more than to go to the back of a raid group, and assassinate one of their casters, then vanish (because I don't have RC). This is usually followed by everyone within earshot of the death beginning to swarm like bees, jumping and running all over the place, mages casting frost nova and arcane explosion, hunters flaring, etc.

Not only is shadowmeld extremely easy to detect, but you'd have to actually stand at the scene of the crime until your cooldown is over.

Dyno said:
I highly doubt that would be a feasible method, at least in my style of play. I love nothing more than to go to the back of a raid group, and assassinate one of their casters, then vanish (because I don't have RC). This is usually followed by everyone within earshot of the death beginning to swarm like bees, jumping and running all over the place, mages casting frost nova and arcane explosion, hunters flaring, etc.

Not only is shadowmeld extremely easy to detect, but you'd have to actually stand at the scene of the crime until your cooldown is over.

shadowmeld is certainly easier to detect, however it offers a significant bonus due to the fact that when stealthed or shadowmelded the big text over your head is not visible unless you are selected... eh, in all the action during a raid, that small bonus alone is enough to save your ass if you perfomed quickly enough, for just a few seconds till your stealth is up, and no wasted vanish (or sprint if that was needed)...

the only time i could see it being feasible is when you are dealing with lower levels that couldnt use shadowmeld

or

after using cheap shot...backstab > shadowmeld > prep or thistle tea > ambush or another cs

Back