Give me one *good* reason why gay marriage should be illegal

How is religious dogma unsubstantiated? Belief may be questionable but the rules and precepts of a religion are what they are, they are the rules some people live by and that's all there is to it.
Because if you're going to decry people outside your club as abominations, especially for something they have no control over, then you need a better reason than "this book says so, it must be true".

Marriage is a legal definition not especially a religious one, I couldn't give a shit if gays get married, good for them. But to try to force religions and people to put aside their rules to enable them to marry in their institutions is wrong. Should you be able to force a vegan restaurant to serve you a bloody steak?
Nobody's talking about forcing religions to do anything. :huh:

Because if you're going to decry people outside your club as abominations, especially for something they have no control over, then you need a better reason than "this book says so, it must be true"

we don't need to explain to you why pedos need to be chemically castrated or stoned if they get near our fucking kids

you are lucky we let you live in our society

yet alone give you your way and deepest desires

"I'm told to fully accept, not just be complicit to, things that my ancestors never would have tolerated at all......EVER"

Ridiculously simple: it dramatically opens up the doorway for adopting kids.

I should say that I'm not against gay marriage because I don't give a shit, but they shouldn't be able to adopt. Ever.
Don't look now, but what you've got there is an argument against gay adoption, not gay marriage.

Suppose we could prove that gay couples adopting children is bad for the child, and we ban gay adoption accordingly. Would you still have a reason to oppose gay marriage?

My bad. But, seriously, I'm not laughing. This is serious stuff! The Jews are coming. Quick to the Firestone library, we need to do at least 10 hours of research how to destroy them. Hop in my Jeep.

i got a TJ bro what u got if u say a JK im not gettin in that 4 door losermobile

why can't i marry my fish sandwich

change my mind

large.jpeg

as if TW rages against gay marriage on any routine basis

there should be nothing legal or illegal about marriage, the government should have nothing to do with it. legally recognized unions are fine, whatever. there is hardly any reason financially to marry any more anyway as women are working full time too nowadays so combining taxes is meaningless, and men usually are put at greater financial risk

the problem that comes along with legalizing gay marriage is that giving an inch means a mile will be sought. "progressives" are moving awfully fast towards forcing acceptance of all sorts of shit and anyone who wants to slow the process down a little is a bigot. society is jumping headfirst into acceptance of previously considered degenerate behavior at a faster and faster rate without having any idea what the consequences will be down the line

if you think there will be no consequences, well I've got a bridge to sell you

I was previously and still am pro-gay marriage for what little that means, but the slope has gotten icy as fuck
So how about we defrost the slope and take a couple steps, instead of standing on top panicking about what's at the bottom.

Rabid progressivism is no reason to stop you from making reasonable changes. It's a reason to stop rabid progressivism.

HEY FELLOW WHITE GUYS

:rofl:

for real I'm not a JEW at all this time Zlex says

not like those other threads

Here we go. I'd love to spin you up again Tele until you just go full-on 'paste random irrelevant shit from the internet' mode, but it's clear that you're a few marbles short of a full bag, and I can think of better ways to spend my last few days off. So I'll take a giant pass on our upcoming interaction. Really though, get some help--and try not to kill anyone and then yourself.

And honestly, when the next guys pulls up to order their burger, can you try not to be such an idiot and screw up the order. I'm telling you it'll be a straight shot to management from there. I know that bitch Ariel got promoted before you, even though she's still in middle-school--but it's totally because of that (((reason))) don't be too hard on yourself.

Last edited:
reasonable is relative

reasonable change used to be protestants marrying catholics.

slippery slope is a logical fallacy but doesn't make it incorrect either. the broad brushing of any argument as [insert logical fallacy x] and 'hmphing' away like a toddler who is proud of showing of his first poop on their own just shows you took a class/self taught regarding debate/public speaking/philosophy at some point. its doesnt immediately invalidate any argument as some kind of trump card.

the main issue with regards to slippery slope is we as a society have no ability to repeal when we realize we have made a mistake. prohibition and abortion are the only major items to be ruled invalidated. 99% of what hit, sticks, and will stick for your grandkids. as these datapoints are collected even things I agree with on at least a libertarian basis I've started being against as a matter of principle from seeing too many failures 'sticking'.

I don't think it should be illegal. No more than it should be illegal to marry your house to a camel. It also should not be illegal to throw potatoes against your wall. There is no reason for the government to be involved.

That being said the term gay marriage is in itself oxymoronic.

What if I told you that I'm a carnivorous vegetarian?

A round square cannot exist.

Marriage is the union between a man and woman.

[...]
I think you'll find that a lot of people disagree with that definition of marriage. You know how we resolve those differences? By having legal definitions for things.

tele your in literally every thread

its like trying to walk a sf city sidewalk and not step in human shit

Here we go. I'd love to spin you up again Tele until you just go full-on 'paste random irrelevant shit from the internet' mode, but it's clear that you're a few marbles short of a full bag, and I can think of better ways to spend my last few days off. So I'll take a giant pass on our upcoming interaction. Really though, get some help--and try not to kill anyone and then yourself.

And honestly, when the next guys pulls up to order their burger, can you try not to be such an idiot and screw up the order. I'm telling you it'll be a straight shot to management from there. I know that bitch Ariel got promoted before you, even though she's still in middle-school--but it's totally because of that (((reason))) don't be too hard on yourself.

listen zlex, you seem like a decent fellow, even if you lean to the wrong side (left). just admit that you are a jew now. it's okay. we know. don't be ashamed.

speaking of triggering out........LMAO

U MEAN THIS JEW GOT OTHER PEOPLE TO GYPSY

brevity is a virtue sometimes

I gave you a compliment on being a good story teller, Zlex

a good fabricator of events that have no other purpose or point but to pull at heart strings

and you didn't let me down at all again

Last edited:
Back