[OFFICIAL] :bandit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
so now we're injecting thc into the fish to get it high ??

Hahha, that would be awesome. No, what I am saying is, there are probably other ways it can be absorbed by the fish.

I do know that some fish have different membranes that do absorb oxygen from the air, and most fish have a swim bladder that they hold air in.

But again, I don't really know for sure how it would work. Just speculating. But they inherent ability to get high., that is all I am trying to point out.

first we assume that fish have thc receptors

then we assume that "some" fish can breathe out of water because they have a "membrane"

then we assume the species in question can breathe out of water or whatever

to defend travace's statement ??/ jeez

then we assume that "some" fish can breathe out of water because they have a "membrane"

then we assume the fish in question can breathe out of water or whatever

He's provided a lot more evidence that a fish can get high, rather than you have disproving the idea/theory.

Dubsack: 1
Cyanide: 0

until proven otherwise :shrug:

yeah, uh

a fish's gills close when out of water

this isn't a shark whose gills have enough mass to be raised when out of their natural medium

are u travace's boy friend

thinking you can smoke out a fish is beyond moronic

i do not fault your curiosity zorro

exactly. let's take out the #1 element essential to survival and replace it with another element that is deadly.......and what's the result?

then we assume the species in question can breathe out of water or whatever

Uh, these aren't assumptions, except for the last one. But almost all fish do have air bladders. Either way, it doesn't sound to crazy to assume that a fish can absorb THC in some fashion. Anyway, wasn't really trying to defend, I was more so answering you question if a fish could get high, or if they had THC receptors.

cyanide said:
i mean do fish even have thc receptors

yeah, uh

a fish's gills close when out of water

this isn't a shark whose gills have enough mass to be raised when out of their natural medium

are u travace's boy friend

a fish does not close it's gills when out of water. a fish does the same thing as a human. it will gasp for what it needs.

have you never fished?

i know they aren't equal. but i know they are similar.

i wasn't being a dick i was just asking out of curiousity.

I didn't think you were being a dick, I just didn't quite get what you were asking. Yes they are similar, but I don't think similar enough to assume they would have the same affect.

you posted some shit about a bug having thc receptors

i'm talking fish here buddy

and yeah it does sound super fucking crazy to assume a fish will absorb thc by breathing it in air

Last edited:
a fish does not close it's gills when out of water. a fish does the same thing as a human. it will gasp for what it needs.

have you never fished?

you do realize there are organs behind those slits right LOL

Fish gills are remarkable things, but the conditions under which they function are pretty specific. For one thing, they are rather delicate, and their tremendous surface area (the main thing that makes them work so well) is dependent on being immersed in water to support their weight. Out of water, the gills collapse like wet tissue paper, and very little surface area is left exposed for gas exchange. Most fish, therefore, can only survive a short time out of water before oxygen deficiency catches up with them and they asphyxiate.

If it were possible to keep the gills supported and moist without being submerged, a fish could survive quite a bit longer, but that isn't physically possible - even in a humid air-filled chamber at zero gravity, the gill filaments will simply adhere to one another. Water needs to completely fill the gill chamber to keep all of the filaments in operation.

travace's slow minions LOL

you posted some shit about a bug having thc receptors

i'm talking fish here buddy

and yeah it does sound super fucking crazy to assume a fish will absorb thc by breathing it in out of water

Cannabinoid receptors are absent in insects. [J Comp Neurol. 2001] - PubMed Result

this abstract said:
The endocannabinoid system also appears to be phylogenetically ancient--it occurs in mammals, birds, amphibians, fish, sea urchins, leeches, mussels, and even the most primitive animal with a nerve network, the Hydra.

And BTW whoever said they absorbed it by breathing it in? I don't think I ever made that statement. Not trying to be a dick, but do you even read what I wrote?

I didn't think you were being a dick, I just didn't quite get what you were asking. Yes they are similar, but I don't think similar enough to assume they would have the same affect.

i was equating a fish out of water with a human into water.

pretty similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back