[help me decide] Healing Class

i understand, lore/rpg wise why the snare is in game. from a playability stance, it doesn't make sense. i know it's good in pve, i used to have it for raiding when i was playing more regularly. it makes it a pretty useless ability for pvp though, esp when you consider the cost of shifting
the snare doesn't make it useless in pvp, being able to be banished by all those skillocks does.

uh, druids are actually one of the better healers against chain cc simply BECAUSE of hots... with abilities like swiftmend and lifebloom's pop heal, druids deal pretty well with long cc, since they are still healing while cc'd. all it takes is a half sec to pop another insta hot if the other team lets that cc drop for a split second. once cc breaks, druids are then able to pop a pretty hefty heal on top after having healed all that time. swiftmend crits will fill your life bar pretty quick

also, just because druids don't have BoF doesn't mean they aren't a good partner for melee. warrs actually do really well w/ druids. druids have the mobility/toughness to stay alive if they get targetted, and warrs obviously have the dmg output. if a druid gets cc'd, the warr (esp w/ the help of hots) has the durability to last

having played a druid, i honestly wouldn't ever want to play a pally. the practical roles for a pally are just so few. you heal, you heal, and you heal. sure you stun and judge ppl, bless your friends, dispel. but it's pretty bland. even if a druid is specced resto, you can cc, use your feral forms (feral charge, bash, maim, etc). there's a lot to do. and if you get tired of healing, you can just respec
hots dont last forever... fear is the ultimate druid counter.

no, hots don't last forever. but quite often, ppl don't get the second and third fear off before the previous one drops for a second or two. that's plenty of time to swiftmend/renew hots. maybe i just play against shitty locks. i usually had more problem w/ having double dps dump on my partner than chain fear

I had a 60 druid pre-TBC

PVP is a blast as resto/feral (balance was bleh unless you have the gear for it). I found being the main healer (5 mans) to be a little more tough than as a priest, but in raids i loved it. I ended up quiting him because i was a noob back then and i didn't embrace resto builds for pvp as much as i should have and hated getting only healing purples that i felt "were useless". Have since sold that account, but i'd play a Druid again probably.

I'm actually debating playing a Druid or Priest as my next character were i to return to WoW (having those urges)

Back