Tichon Assistance Required :)

same

mines a BE rog named abarai

we cuddled

Ya, it was hot.

I got my paly to 14, I like how well crap sells on Tich. I went with herbs/mining and selling everything has covered everything I needed so far, including 4 10 slot bags, and some new gear.

Last edited:
So did everyone give up on Shattered Halls and now Tich is where it's at? Do I need to stop progress on SH and go Tich?

What time zone is tich? That was my main beef with SH was I'm CST and it's PST so it lags a tiny bit for me.

So did everyone give up on Shattered Halls and now Tich is where it's at? Do I need to stop progress on SH and go Tich?

What time zone is tich? That was my main beef with SH was I'm CST and it's PST so it lags a tiny bit for me.
I never liked SH, Tich has proven to be a top notch server so far. Im in NJ, and the server is PST, so my ping is slightly higher at peak time but I have no complaints thus far. Economy is great from what I have seen so far, 40g at level 26, having spent about 40g thus far leveling enchanting and getting gear.

Once I get moved into my new place I'll probably start playing my UD lock (Saybur) on Tich again. He's poor, so don't bother asking for gold. :p

av only happens on av weekend and its afk weekend

Yea, i couldnt handle that honestly. I'm so used to being able to afk in av 24/7 with no wait. I honestly find it hard to swallow that BG9 is supposed to be such a heavy pvp scene and yet... you cant honor farm in AV. blows my mind.

AV has been 15-20 minute queves ever since they formed the battlegroups here on tichondrius. Not that big of a deal - Play with ur friends till u get queve, play AV and then return to your buddies pug ab/wsg/eye action.

Last edited:
Yea, i couldnt handle that honestly. I'm so used to being able to afk in av 24/7 with no wait. I honestly find it hard to swallow that BG9 is supposed to be such a heavy pvp scene and yet... you cant honor farm in AV. blows my mind.
We warned you :p BG9 is hyped up to be a huge pvp scene but in all actuality it isn't. There are a few arena teams here and there that are well known just because they're from bg9, but by and large most of the people on those teams are and were nobodies on the server (tich, atleast - save for Nitrana/Malice/Reznap of Noto and Ghrwin/Scheme if you follow 2's). World PVP is basically nonexistant, even halaa and hellfire peninsula towers are coordinated over vent to maximize tokens or marks.

I haven't been touched out in the world farming or questing since long before TBC unless it's your usual 1v3 or worse odds. The few times I've killed alliance questing or farming where I want to they simply leave the area or become scarce until they have enough to take me down and try camping me, Tich might as well be a PVE server.

On the brightside, for horde in bg9 queues are instant.

I kinda disagree with your assessment there. World PVP is dead on every server, and in terms of active competition BGs have taken a backseat to arenas.

BG9 is the place to be if you want good arena competition, and the hype actually holds true in this case (and is self-fulfilling as more and more top teams transfer here).

BG9 is Tichondrius. Tich was medium pop before everyone started transfering over for season 2. Right now the only pvp scene is arena. Battlegrounds is just for getting those non arena stuff.

I kinda disagree with your assessment there. World PVP is dead on every server, and in terms of active competition BGs have taken a backseat to arenas.

BG9 is the place to be if you want good arena competition, and the hype actually holds true in this case (and is self-fulfilling as more and more top teams transfer here).

I'll happily play devil's advocate and say there's little evidence that the BG9 hype is true outside basically 3 or so really good teams. Sorry.

A #4 or so malganis team joined tich and broke #7 in 5v5, #1 in 3v3 and like #2-3 in 2v2 in 4 fucking days. The way BG9 fanboys make it sound, that would be entirely impossible. They had like 75% win ratio in all 3 brackets... not even the top team from BG9. According to the hype, such a team couldnt even break top 20 cuz ZOMG THE COMPETITION IS AMAZING.

BG9 fanboys said they couldnt stay up there and they easily did (until their warrior apparently quit wow).

SURE... lots of pvp fans have gone to BG9 for activity but i really dont see any reason to think those are TOP players migrating. I get the feeling most of the peopel moving to BG9 for the hype are like 1800 rated fanboys who hate their realms and came for Season2.

That said, i think there's something behind the hype for sure which is why im committed to playing there long-term, esp for CTF down the road. But i think folks entirely exaggerate the BG9 thing for arena. I don't buy it when this team i know from Malganis can do that well so quickly. Hype based on reality, but more hype than reality imo.

30-60min AV queues? :D

Come on. That indicates a low interest in honor farming (and BG5 has the same # of arena teams as BG9 yet almost no wait times on BGs)

Last edited:
IA #4 or so malganis team joined tich and broke #7 in 5v5, #1 in 3v3 and like #2-3 in 2v2 in 4 fucking days. The way BG9 fanboys make it sound, that would be entirely impossible. They had like 75% win ratio in all 3 brackets... not even the top team from BG9. According to the hype, such a team couldnt even break top 20 cuz ZOMG THE COMPETITION IS AMAZING.

I hear you, but I would like to clarify something - a top team is a top team no matter what battlegroup you play on. The undeniable fact is that BG9 offers more of said teams to play against on a day-to-day basis. Only fucking retards who jump on the trash-talking bandwagon will say ZOMG YOU CAN'T BREAK TOP 20 BECAUSE WE'RE AMAZING. I don't blame you if you think BG9 is overhyped, though. Mob mentality turns people into parakeets that repeat every god damn thing they hear.

If you want to become, say, the best chess player in the world, you need a constant supply of skilled opponents to practice against. The more, the better. It's the same thing here.

I also invite anyone who actually does have doubts about BG9 competition to log into IRC and just send a friendly PM to any of the players on the top teams that transferred here and ask them their thoughts on this subject. You will be hard pressed to find one who regrets coming here or thinks that BG9 does not offer more good teams to practice against.

I hear you, but I would like to clarify something - a top team is a top team no matter what battlegroup you play on. The undeniable fact is that BG9 offers more of said teams to play against on a day-to-day basis. Only fucking retards who jump on the trash-talking bandwagon will say ZOMG YOU CAN'T BREAK TOP 20 BECAUSE WE'RE AMAZING. I don't blame you if you think BG9 is overhyped, though. Mob mentality turns people into parakeets that repeat every god damn thing they hear.

If you want to become, say, the best chess player in the world, you need a constant supply of skilled opponents to practice against. The more, the better. It's the same thing here.

I also invite anyone who actually does have doubts about BG9 competition to log into IRC and just send a friendly PM to any of the players on the top teams that transferred here and ask them their thoughts on this subject. You will be hard pressed to find one who regrets coming here or thinks that BG9 does not offer more good teams to practice against.

I have talked with peeps who've transfered. Played with quite a few. I "get" it but it's also exaggerated. :)

What in my mind makes BG9 special is the fact that top teams play each other and love competition. However, that doesnt mean the entire field is any different or better.

I'd wager, for example, that a BG5 rated 1800-2000 team would decimate a BG9 rated 1800-2000 team (heck, a 1800 BG5 team almost took down MoB yesterday at WSVG). However, i suspect the typical top 20 team on BG9 would beat a top 20 BG5 team.... not because they are inherently more talented but because they have more experience adapting at higher level play.

Then again, a Top 10 BG5 team hit Top 10 on BG9 in just a couple days, with ease... and stayed there until they lost their warrior. They peeked at #6-7 in that run, but what if they had longer with their original team and learned the opposition?

According to the hype, a #4 team from another BG shouldnt be able to even break top 50 let alone do so well across 3 brackets in under a week. :D

Last edited:
Back