Buying a keyboard is more stressful than buying a fucking car

Happy is incorrect. The best looking keyboard is:

Arctosa Black

50681-razer-arctosa-black,bWF4LTYwMHg2MDA=.jpg

Black lettering on black keys means no one who can't touch-type will ever be able to use your computer again.

Thread's over etc. etc. but I have and greatly enjoy my MS comfort curve 2000. More media buttons would be nice but I really dig the slightly-curved but not split layout. And it's only $20.

i just got this one

Wireless Solar Keyboard K750

wireless and never have to change the batteries. the key action is much like a laptop but i type on a laptop alot as it is so idk w/e. the only negative i could see is the key action but i dont mind it. it supposedly works for 3 months in complete darkness.

If you've ever given a good quality mechanical keyboard a chance, you'll understand why they're usually $80+

I've got two Filcos and a Das Keyboard, and I'll cut my fingers off first before I ever let them touch another shitty ass rubber dome keyboard.

i have the blackwidow ultimate, yeah it's like $120 but i love it. After two weeks of having it, i spilled gatorade into it and a few keys were sticking, but i took it apart and cleaned it using this guide and now it works like a charm. In the two days i spent cleaning it though, i was using a $12 keyboard from walmart and it was driving me crazy.
Keyboard: Newegg.com - RAZER Black USB Wired BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Guide on mechanical keyboards: Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

If you've ever given a good quality mechanical keyboard a chance, you'll understand why they're usually $80+

I've got two Filcos and a Das Keyboard, and I'll cut my fingers off first before I ever let them touch another shitty ass rubber dome keyboard.

Filco brown, blue or black? I have the steelseries 7g (cherry blacks), which I really like, but I've never used mechanical switches with the tactile feedback before. Any opinions?

My biggest problem with the blue switches is that they have some really noticeable hysteresis - the release point is higher than the activation point. Makes double-tapping and FPS-style movement harder

I also tried a Deck keyboard with black switches.. did not like the lack of tactile feedback. I kept accidentally releasing keys that I meant to hold down

I've never tried brown or clear.. If I were to try another mechanical, I would go for brown

Like I said, the "modern" IBM Model Ms (essentially identical to the old ones; wikipedia article on them): Customizer 104/105 and SpaceSaver 104/105

are $79, which is a good savings over the Filco and Das Keyboards. The only issue is the unsexyness, and I'm not sure how loud the Cherry switches are compared to the Model M style ones.

Cherry blues are clicky and tactile, browns are not clicky and not tactile.

I like the browns if getting something with cherries...

That said... Topre > *

Last edited:
Picked up a new Logitech G110 recently. So far so good. Replaced an older Microsoft\Razer Reclusa I had for a few years.

Back