Pro life folks

It doesn't bother me one bit where the awful moral compass of some random skank takes her in life. Like I said, I'm not interested in the debate. It's lose lose.

The drain we're circling is the erosion of basic family values, being replaced with consumerism and the pursuit of temporary self gratification.
Do you think that forcing women to carry babies that they can't afford to term, or seek dangerous illegal abortions instead, is conducive to family values?

Amadeus is CLEARLY taking the moral high ground

Spoiler

Last edited:
Do you think that forcing women to carry babies that they can't afford to term, or seek dangerous illegal abortions instead, is condusive to family values?
I think women being encouraged and assisted in raising children is conducive to family values.

Okay, so what gives the baby's body the right to use the mother's body against her will and at the risk of her health?

Risk of her life is statistically irrelevant. Stay on topic.

The mother decided to give up her "free will" when she took the action of having sex.

You know, actions have consequences saying...

Adoption is always an option.

But if that's too much of a hassle, yea, I guess it's better to go get an abortion on your coffee break

Adoption is always an option.

But if that's too much of a hassle, yea, I guess it's better to go get an abortion on your coffee break
You are aware that pregnancy and childbirth are seriously fucking risky, possibly fatal procedures, that could ruin your ability to have children in the future if you later decide to have some?

Despite the evidence to the contrary?

Impact of unintended pregnancy on maternal mental health: a causal analysis using follow up data of the Panel Study on Korean Children (PSKC)

Pregnancy intention is important for maternal and child health outcomes. The purpose of this study was to examine the causal relation between pregnancy intention and maternal depression and parenting stress in Korean women who gave birth during 2008.

[...]

Results

Results showed that the overall effect of an unintended pregnancy on maternal depression and parenting stress was statistically significant. An unintended pregnancy was associated with 20–22% greater odds of maternal depression, 0.28–0.39 greater depression score, and 0.85–1.16 greater parenting stress score. Relations between pregnancy intention and maternal depression, maternal depression score and parenting stress score were moderately explained by marital conflict and fathers’ participation in childcare.

Conclusions

Unintended pregnancy contributed to increased risks of maternal depression and parenting stress. Efforts to increase fathers’ participation in childcare and decrease marital conflict might be helpful to mitigate adverse impacts of unintended pregnancy on perinatal maternal mental health.

And the follow-up to that study one year later? 2 years later? 10 years later? 30 years later?

And the follow-up to that study one year later? 2 years later? 10 years later? 30 years later?
There's plenty of research out there on the subject, feel free to look around. You can follow the links from the article I linked, or use your favourite search engine.

Willfully remaining ignorant will not make you correct, though.

Fortunately Amadeus will never get far enough ahead with the ladies to get a chance to abort his own children because he's 'stressed' out

Back