Skins for Tribes 1.40

Owned.png

Lemon, those were the right files for most of the ammo counting parameters, however it left out the "infinity" marker for the blaster. Ill find that one around, ill basically just change everything, heh. You were very helpful. I was wondering where you found that initial file at? is it in the scripts portion that loads the fonts? if so, it will be easy sailing now.

Another thing i would like to know is how to change the actual chat, flag and weapon huds.

some font reference I've compiled from a few places

Code:
if_g_8.pft = compass/weaponhud font
if_w_10.pft = mission timer
if_g_10b.pft = teamtalk
if_w_10b.pft = server messages
sf_red_10b.pft = your flag has been taken message
sf_yellow_10b.pft = global
sf_orange255_10.pft = bottomprint, <f1>
sf_orange214_10.pft = mission description, z0ddhud txt, clockhud.cs, <f0>
sf_orange_7.pft  = server list
sf_white_10.pft = selected maps/options,loading text, z0ddhud numbers font, <f2>
sf_white_7.pft = selected server, ping list
sf_grey_7.pft = server list options background
sf_grey100_10b.pft = favourites list options background
sf_grey200_10b.pft = server: admin: txt
sf_yellow_7.pft = serverlist mouseover
sf_black_10.pft = options shadow
sf_black_8.pft = server/ping/cpu tab shadow
sf_orange255_8.pft = server/ping/cpu tab
sf_green_12.pft = objectives menu big green
sf_green_10b.pft = objectives

*console		: Console font
*if_dg_8		: Unhighlighted ammo hud
*if_g_8		: Highlighted Ammo Hud and compass
*if_g_10b	: Green team chat font
*if_gr_8b		: Server Heading Listing (inactive)
*if_small		: White, Command screen Item names (on the map section, not side bar)
if_w_10		: Clock
*if_w_10b	: White text, messages in chat hud, names on side bar in command console

*sf_black_8	: Server/ping/cpu tab shadow
*sf_black_9b	: Options drop-down shadow
*sf_black_10	: Options shadow

*sf_green_10b	: Objectives, dot point info
*sf_green_12	: Objectives menu

*sf_grey100_9b	: Grey (inactive) text, options menu and copy right stuff at bottom of the front page.
*sf_grey100_10b	: Server list background (when viewing server info)
*sf_grey_7	: Server List Options background

*sf_orange214_10	: Dark Yellow/brown, Rock and roll on loading screen, Most information is given with this (map info, server info) Buddies in buddy list  <f1>
*sf_orange255_8	: Server List Headings
*sf_orange255_10	: Light yellow/brown Tab Info, Join server message, Buddy list, record demo, filter, sub headings-point forms eg. 'Mission:' , most loading screen text.
*sf_orange_7	: Server List, primary text

*sf_red_10b	: Admin and server messages

*sf_white_7	: Highlighted selection in server list / Object info ingame
*sf_white_9b	: Highlighted sf_yellow200_9b
*sf_white_10	: Tab Info highlighted, highlighted SF_orange214_10, in some cases out of game highlighted sforange255_10(mission selection on host server) <f2>
*sf_white_10b	: Tab Menu Header, eg, 'team name, score, Name, team, score, ping, PL

*sf_yellow200_9b	: Text in drop down menus and invo
*sf_yellow_7	: Mouse Over, server list
*sf_yellow_10b	: Global Chat

Not sure about that hud wrapper. Check through these .vols

Tribes 1 Image Catalog

edit: HW_bottom, HW_top, and HW_counton in interface.vol(zip) look like pieces of the weapon hud.

Hey, i edited the .png's but I have no idea how to open and edit the .pft's. which program do you guys use to edit or create those?

I changed the colors of the fonts but i still havent found the huds for the chat hud.

a pft editor can be found ---->>>> Andrew's Tribes Projects

but...

Fonts are pngs now as well. I think the names are the same so the list I posted should be helpful. pft's may work too but I haven't messed with fonts at all. There have been some png fonts posted in this thread that I use.

Chat hud: Where you read it or where you type it?

where you read it. I tried changing those HW_Bottom ones but it didnt change the hud in game, so im wondering if there is another way to change it. no luck yet. also, if anyone knows where i can get a program to unpack those .dts and repack them, that would be awesome!

thanks for the info.

Well. You decide what you want the hud to look like then you make the graphics. Add some script to move it all around and you're golden.

attachment.php

Last edited:
hey, this may not be related but, could a skin be making me crash all the time from just one certain server? there any way to find out which?

Have you heard of krogoth's Tribes Vengeance players for tribes 1?
No? noob
Viewing Tribes Vengeance Conversion Pack Hudbot Extreme Edition v2.0 - Tribes Repository - Powered by PHCDownload

well, there is this extraterrestrial dude named Dewy. Very friendly. He made an awesome job by making the rest of the team skins, sense krogoth was too lazy to do it him self. "Im not that good artist....." says kro all the time. :)

Well, Dewyfiend came to Annihilation Mod • forums, made the whole skin set and shared with the peeps. They are very nice.

25a105t.jpg

here is the download for hudbot: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Sense i dont use hudbot anymore, i made a version for Tribes 1.40.. Its not an actual version.. is more a convertion and re-package. but you get it. I highly recommend this. Its very well done.

DOWNLOAD 1.40V : 1.40_TV_Players.zip

sshot0232.png

sshot0228.png

thank you TE Krogoth and thank you Dewyfiend. By the way, dewyfiend, can you please teach S_hift how to skin? kthanks.

Haha dewy is the bomb man, we good friends, duel and uber map it together alot.
He gave me this global spam think that says retard over and over lololol.

Back