Crysis 2 leaked 49 days early.

Okay probably a dumb question but can i just rip the iso? or does it have to be mounted to a disc?

I played the mp on the 360. It was decent - a lot like the first one - with the armor switching. Main difference is the maps - the one map in the 360 beta took place on the top of a skyscraper

Considering this game is targeted for PC and consoles, no one will have a problem running it at full res. There might be a little eye candy available on the PC that's not on consoles, but this is yet another least-common-denominator game.

Shame that it got leaked, but inevitable. Some asshole inside the Crytek team probably got pissed off that he was overlooked for promotion and decided to take his anger out on the company. This won't hurt console sales, but it sure will hurt PC version sales. Yet another nail in the coffin.

Okay probably a dumb question but can i just rip the iso? or does it have to be mounted to a disc?

It isn't an install. It's just a folder on a disc. You can open the iso with winrar or whatever and unpack it.

I wanna try it, but I think I'd rather just wait. Is this the one where the aliens attack new york?

I wanna try it, but I think I'd rather just wait. Is this the one where the aliens attack new york?

According to that multiplayer trailer it has partial nudity, so you might be interested in it yet.

and yes, this is the one where the aliens attack new york and you save the day with your nano suit abilities.

Was really skeptical of the multiplayer 360 demo, but I ended up having a lot of fun and maxing my demo rank. I really like the freedom of movement with the high jumps and climbing. It's no Tribes, but it scratched, at least partially, the itch.

The Crysis 1 MP was a letdown. Lot's of very cool stuff was possible, but just did not pan out in MP. In general, I very much enjoyed Crysis. Like 80's action movies, you know the very obvious weak points, but it was so much fun!

I think limiting suit powers is a good idea, and 6V6 sounds like a really great idea. With the player ability variances, 6V6 will be a great experience.

SP hangs for me every time there is an in-game cutscene, still pretty cool to check out though

you can skip over the cutscenes (all the levels are unlocked) but I think I'll probably just pick it up once it comes out

SP hangs for me every time there is an in-game cutscene, still pretty cool to check out though

you can skip over the cutscenes (all the levels are unlocked) but I think I'll probably just pick it up once it comes out

Go to 800*600 res. Once passed the first cutscene you'll be able to go back to your normal res.
Also copy over the "unprotected" files.

If you really want to play the game you shouldn't get the beta. It has weird things like npc's in illogical positions, bad ai pathfinding, story elements that can be skipped, enemies that freeze in the air, etc. Not something you want to finish a game with.

Last edited:
Looking at the mutiplayer levels in the editor it seems they've completely given up on their vehicle "power struggle" mode, it's all small to medium sized deathmatch style maps.

Kind of a shame but I guess they're going to leave vehicle multiplayer to Battlefield.

Back