Mountain House Update

Your place looks comfy. Cant wait to see outcome of your project. I have cabinets kinda like those. They are cool. :sunny:

Spoiler

Spoiler

EDIT: Both are pics from summer, or two ago. Have nice gold colored blackout curtains on the front windows now. Have the light fixture that goes above sink but haven't installed it yet. Where sheetrock is will eventually install grayish stone or brick. Still need to get stainless steel microwave and fridge. Also need to get and install the bronze ceiling tile (real not the fake shit).

Renters are lucky. Owning costs a lot and is responsibility ++.

Ah! Knotty Pine!
The ubiquitous look from the 1950's & 60's (at least here in Michigan cabins).

I like how the drawers there are. Those are very cool. Question. Are you going to paint the bare spot top left, than runs along top area, a red color that matches counter top? Then with a white crown molding run up top along cabinet tops too? Asking cause I think that would look nice.

7HQyTnf.jpg

Last edited:
I like the red counters, if I could I would keep them.

Too many problems with fitment. The sink cabinet is different height, green countertop etc. Problem with countertop backsplash hitting the window trim etc.

What I'll end up actually doing is buy some cheap shit white Ikea counters without the backsplash and shim the mismatched cabinets to match height. It'll match up to the green/white light better. Wall color I think is like aqua green blue or something, idk I got a gallon free.

I'll paint the wood over the cabinets wall color. If I splurge on trimming id do a 3/4 cove moulding around the room to clean up the wall to ceiling corners. Maybe worth it for the extra white pop. All the trimming on the bead board pulls the eye down it needs something at the top to pull it up for balance. But needs to slot up against the window casement.

I thought about drywalling the wood over the cabinets and use j bead for the edge to get a better reveal but idk maybe just overthinking stuff.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So I got a late start Saturday, I welded my neighbors fence and patched up a hole in his porch but mixed too much mortar so I tuck pointed my porch also. Then I did the 3 hour drive and when I arrived I started drywalling and taping and overall got the walls better prepped and got nice square wall to ceiling joints. Should take a final pass over the walls but I think I'll just call it at this point and finally move to paint.

Thanks bud, good to hear some support :) sorry I suck at pictures but not too different from before.

You are welcome. Hey I totally get it. I know what its like to tend to your home yourself. It's a lot of work but when things are like you want them to be it is such a wonderful feeling. :sunny:

That's a good project KS. You should get another faro arm, put it in the kitchen with an apron and call her "Rosie".

Ah! Knotty Pine!
The ubiquitous look from the 1950's & 60's (at least here in Michigan cabins).

Yeppers. Spot on. My place was built in the 50's along with the rest of this subdivision. My den is addition, but is all original knotty pine from one of the cabins that was torn down. Like $30 a slat. Only part of my house without knotty pine is the master bedroom addition.

It is not much but everything pictured below is 100% paid for, and is mine. :sunny:

rBZor1x.png

Live 3 hours north of Detroit. My town is located 90% within the Houghton Lake State Forest. Our lake, St. Helen, is the headwaters for the south branch of the Au Sable River and was named by French explorers after Saint Helena of Constantinople. The mother of Emperor Constantine.

Live 3 hours north of Detroit. My town is located 90% within the Houghton Lake State Forest. Our lake, St. Helen, is the headwaters for the south branch of the Au Sable River and was named by French explorers after Saint Helena of Constantinople. The mother of Emperor Constantine.

The Lower and Upper Peninsula region of MI def tops my list of places I would want to be in your region right now.

1024px-Mason_Tract_September_2019.jpg

As cozy and comfy as can be at a time like this!!!

serveimage

Back