A Star Wars Story: Solo

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
I enjoyed it..not the greatest movie ever, but the visual aesthetic was on point. I would say its the best looking star wars movie.

I kind of feel like this is the movie no one asked for, but hey i'll enjoy it anyway. They created a cool world, and there is one huge spoiler so if you like to be surprised, avoid the internet.

like...i felt this movie was shot better and looked better than Rogue One, but I enjoyed Rogue One more.

I have a feeling it may not do that great at the box office - 7pm show at the historic theater here wasn't sold out - and there wasn't anyone in line when we came out for the late showing (unlike the last jedi, where the line wrapped around the building down the block). - could be because its memorial day weekend.

I didn't even realize this was out yet. Maybe most people are like me and that's why opening night was slow. :weird:

I would not be surprised to see it "struggle" against Deadpool and Avengers. 20 to 30% lower if those 2 weren't still showing.

saw it in dolby

Emilia Clarke is foxy - thought the dude was a good han - wasn't impressed with glover, not sure he had alot to work with. huge glover fan - action was forgettable outside the first train scene - too heavy on the cornball - didn't feel the epic music vibe

shrug

isn't lando suppose to be like a cool suave lady's man playboy type? only vibe i got was a neurotic pervy unlikeable creep

Last edited:
didn't like how han & co went thru action scenes like they were bruce lee. just bashing anyone/everyones head in without a challenge. in order to save our lives we need to go on this super risky plan that is crazy dangerous - we'll land on a mining colony and defeat their army of guards + control room with... our karate. wha?

dont agree with haggis point about it being super pretty. i'll agree aesthetic was on point but nothing really memorable. speeder scene from TLJ, beach fight scene in r1, hoth scene ESB, space battle endor ROTJ, forest lightsabre battle in E7, maul/kenobi fight from E1... nothing compares to any of those scenes here

would've liked to see what the original directors had in mind. feel like ron howard turned the cornball up a few notches and just put way too many scenes of han/dany smiling at each other and eye fucking

got nothing out of the tie fighter scene, the "epic" gravity well, or the final "battle." generic action scenes resolved by random deus machina. of course nobody was going to die so there was just no tension. probably on the level of the better fast and furious stuff. having chewie's origin be a man-eating prisoner is like, super dark. dont understand that one at all. would've liked to see how this movie worked with a darker undertone or vibe, i think the pieces were definitely set up that way with dany's character and the whole cold blooded murder thing at the end. feels like when ron howard took over he decided to go all happy days on it

not worth $15-20. maybe worth a matinee. as far as recent action/sci-fi goes, the end of season 2 of the expanse and episode 4 season 2 of westworld were about a kajillion times better then this. live repeat die/whatever the fuck theyre calling that movie now is also a trillion times better

i'm not sure how you get a better "han" performance without a time machine and harrison ford. the guy did great. that said han's writing was just boring, i gave zero shits about him the entire film. the start was okay, but then he's chasing a payday to return home and rescue a girl that no longer needs rescueing and i guess now he's helping woody harrelson because... reasons ?? it's not making sense to me rn but more than that it just wasnt compelling or interesting. way more invested in rey / homeless bum luke / stormtrooper brotha

Last edited:
saw it in dolby

Emilia Clarke is foxy - thought the dude was a good han - wasn't impressed with glover, not sure he had alot to work with. huge glover fan - action was forgettable outside the first train scene - too heavy on the cornball - didn't feel the epic music vibe

shrug

isn't lando suppose to be like a cool suave lady's man playboy type? only vibe i got was a neurotic pervy unlikeable creep

Haven't seen the movie, but supposedly they made him out to be a pansexual.

Back