Gaming suggestions on a shitty craptop.

MC Hamster

Contributor
Veteran XX
Celeron processor, integrated graphics. Looking for suggestions to kill a few hours on long-ass flights/other downtime while travelling.

gogogo.

integrated graphics on a celly may not even play Tribes1 decently

have you considered minesweeper?

gbYbpPj.gif

buy a new laptop

wtf is this shit

I just did (that's kinda the point), it's a tiny little ultra-portable 11" laptop/tablet convertible thing I picked up primarily to be able to dump photos, keep track of email/facebook/crap, all that sort of garbage during an upcoming overseas trip, and then hand on to family once it's done. Super cheap, capable of "doing the necessary". Actual gaming isn't even a secondary concern. I just figured - it's there, let's see what's around.

At the moment I've got a handful put on there... FTL, Galactic Civ 3, Binding of Isaac... think there's a couple of others whose names I can't remember...

Celeron processor, integrated graphics. Looking for suggestions to kill a few hours on long-ass flights/other downtime while travelling.

gogogo.

crypt of the necrodancer ($)
rogue legacy ($)
shattered pixel dungeon (free) Releases · 00-Evan/shattered-pixel-dungeon-gdx · GitHub
shovel knight ($)
SMBX (super mario bros X) has amazing levels - free Super Mario Bros. X - Home

they are all easy to learn and hard to master. great level of replayability, you can sink hundreds of hours into them and they're still interesting.

Last edited:
oooh, and I'll have to install Dwarf Fortress, too.

and for the haters: This thing is "beer money cheap", like 300 bucks. I fully realise it's not going to run the latest AAA FPS titles, and that's not the expectation. However, there are some little gems hidden around around these days, particularly from 'indie' types (and some turds, no question) that often slide under the radar. That's the ones I'm asking about. Capice?

Last edited:
Back