Hot Sauce Thread

absolutely love tabasco's chipolte sauce, but it is a little on the mild side. Their habenero sauce is good too.

Tapito is a good general purpose sauce.

And when I want something a little creamy, I mix mayo with siracha. Its an amazing combination.

I got me some Gator Hammock as soon as I saw the picture of it. It looked awesome and god damnit it is awesome. However one of the bottles did not survive transport. (Prime had a 3 pack you order)

nLbOrhK.jpg

Our cat Moose was dumb and decided to take a taste test as I was getting paper towels in the kitchen. She was sneezing and shaking her head a bunch.

Spoiler

I really am not a fan of store bought hot sauce.

It adds too much flavour other than the pepper itself.

My preference is to roast some peppers (today I did 1 anaheim, 2 fingers and 1 jalapeno) and smash them in a mortar and pestle with coarse sea salt and use a neutral oil to bring it all together, lasts months and tastes JUST of the chillis.

GG for making you own shit

but that is just mashed chillies and this si hot sauce thread

may as well make your own tomato ketchup by mashing some tomatoes in a bowl and calling it a day

SOBVnSE.gif

GG for making you own shit

but that is just mashed chillies and this si hot sauce thread

may as well make your own tomato ketchup by mashing some tomatoes in a bowl and calling it a day

SOBVnSE.gif

One of the best scenes ever lol

And to your point, I would make my own ketchup if I didnt recently find an amazing organic brand called 'Simply Organic' ketchup which tastes so much more like tomaterz than any of the big brand bullshit.

Oh, and my sauce aint just mashed chillis, it is the essence of roasted chili flavour waiting to take any dish to the next level! Respekt!

Used half of a green thai chili in stir fry. It's a pretty mild and weak chili. I'll use more next time.

I got me some Gator Hammock as soon as I saw the picture of it. It looked awesome and god damnit it is awesome. However one of the bottles did not survive transport. (Prime had a 3 pack you order)

nLbOrhK.jpg

Our cat Moose was dumb and decided to take a taste test as I was getting paper towels in the kitchen. She was sneezing and shaking her head a bunch.

Spoiler

Yea I love that stuff! I have never had a prob with Amazon sending them :/ looks like you got the lazy guy assigned to your order :(

WH - Wasted Hotsauce
:cry:

Gator Hammock is sold at Whole Foods. I had it a few times. The hotness level is slightly above the major brands (Petes, Franks), but not burn your mouth off. It's a great taste the first time you have it, but just like any hot sauce, you'll move on to something else after having a few bottles.

Last edited:
Back