Nexus 5x and 6p

i have a nexus 6, i dont see a reason to upgrade to a 6p

810 processor which seems to have overheating/throttling issues?
no wireless charging
no image stabilization
only 5.7" screen but huge bezels - probably a similar size overall?
usb-c is a good thing but kind of sucks to be an early adopter since no one else has it

the nexus 6 is barely a year old, did they just release one to include a fingerprint scanner to support android pay and for use in other apps which they demoed?

Last edited:
nexus 6 with 6" screen
159.3 x 83 x 10.1 mm (the 10.1 is at thickest point, most of phone is thinner since curved back)

nexus 6p with 5.7" screen
159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3mm

someones post on reddit about the 5x:

Considering a 16GB device was not an option for me, so I'm comparing both 32GB versions here.

For only 70$ more, the 6P gives you:

3GB RAM instead of 2

A better CPU (810 instead of 808)

A higher resolution screen (1440p instead of 1080p)

A bigger battery (3450mah instead of 2770)

Gorilla glas 4 instead of GG3

A better front camera

Better RAM (lpddr4 instead of lpddr3)

A better gpu (Adreno 430 instead of Adreno 418)

Two front speakers instead of one

A notification led

240fps slow motion instead of 120fps

noise cancellation (Does not show up for n5x, even though I doubt it doesn't have it).

Some other points which can be good or bad depending on personal preference:

Amoled instead of lcd

Metal body instead of plastic

A bigger screen (5.7" instead of 5.2")

The only possible downside I've found when comparing these phones:

Depending on if the descriptions in the google store are correct, the 6P might support fewer LTE bands

Originally I was thrown off because of the 6P's size, but considering I get that much more for only 70$ I'll try it out.

I might go for the 6p in a few months even tho my G3 is still sweet. I want a pure Google experience

Is the new chromecast on the US google store yet? Its not on the Aus one yet, but we got boned on no phones today. And the 17 countries its launching in aren't listed anywhere to know if it will appear.

I got the Nexus 6 64gb off Amazon for 400$. Im happy with it, just hoping to get a Project Fi invite so I can try out that service.

I ordered a 5x 32gb because I broke my Nexus 5. If I hadn't broken the glass I wouldn't be upgrading.

After reading def's post I am wondering if I should switch to the 6P and cancel the 5x. I don't do anything on my phone but email, text, call, and play music (Pandora or whatever).

Back