California is eager to restrict water and gas usage...

Yep, hell of a trip. I miss it already. But there's next year with more coasters.

Dollywood is opening the next big coaster in 2016, called Lightning Rod. It's going to be the best ride of the year. I'll be going there in April if it's running. Here's the concept pov.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Av8a8G8in4

The new breed of wood coasters are phenomenal. Went on Outlaw Run in Branson and it was fantastic. That thing has elements unlike I've ever experienced on coasters. Can't wait to try Goliath.

The new breed of wood coasters are phenomenal. Went on Outlaw Run in Branson and it was fantastic. That thing has elements unlike I've ever experienced on coasters. Can't wait to try Goliath.
Agree. Goliath is a little bit short, but a great ride. You'll have to go a couple times, they do have a single rider line.

Looks like Northern California is getting some rain. Maybe they'll be saved. Florida also getting a ton of rain the last few days.

Very eloquent reply -well thought out, concise, and as cutting edge to a burn as you can get.

Definitely not a property owner.

that comment wasn't directed at you. you seem very defensive.

but the problems with prop 13 are that it freezes property taxes in such a way that it not only creates an imbalance in what people are paying vs. the value of their homes and it makes it easy for corporations to keep property taxes low through how they structure real estate transactions. Prior to prop 13 the majority of property taxes were paid by commercial entities. now it's reversed and the majority of the revenue comes from private citizens.

the predictability of property taxes for private citizens is a good thing, but I can see how it could use some adjustment. I'm paying a lot less than some of my neighbors who bought after me because I managed to buy at the bottom of the market. we have the same house built the same year but I got mine for a couple hundred thousand less by sheer luck. that comes out to a couple thousand a year in property taxes. I like my lower rate and I'd be crazy to give up my locked in rate, but there is a bit of an equality issues. my elderly neighbors who bought in the 70s have an even lower rate. they need it because they've been retired for longer than I've been working, but there are issues with that as well. for example, they can pass that rate along to their kids...which is kinda ridiculous, but I know more than a few people who live around me that moved into their parents' house just for that reason; they're getting a house that has a FMV of over $1 million but their property tax rate is locked in at the 1975 FMV of $30k. you'd have to be retarded to pass that up.

private citizens aside, the law needs to be changed so the commercial real estate rate can float a bit with the land value. due to the way that tax reassessments are triggered corporations can exploit the fuck out of it by splitting up the sale across multiple corporate entities. it also doesn't hurt that corps don't die or have to move.

and finally the changes to the law that makes it easy to repeal a tax but hard to instate a new tax is a problem. that inevitably triggers downward revenue. I know some people want to starve the state and blah blah blah, but that kind of crap is retarded beyond all comprehension so it must be dismissed and not seriously addressed because it's simply not a serious conversation.

but tbh I don't know why I'm responding to you. you are now, and have always been, a moran.

Edit: it's also why a lot of schools in the state suck.

Last edited:
that comment wasn't directed at you. you seem very defensive.

but the problems with prop 13 are that it freezes property taxes in such a way that it not only creates an imbalance in what people are paying vs. the value of their homes and it makes it easy for corporations to keep property taxes low through how they structure real estate transactions. Prior to prop 13 the majority of property taxes were paid by commercial entities. now it's reversed and the majority of the revenue comes from private citizens.

the predictability of property taxes for private citizens is a good thing, but I can see how it could use some adjustment. I'm paying a lot less than some of my neighbors who bought after me because I managed to buy at the bottom of the market. we have the same house built the same year but I got mine for a couple hundred thousand less by sheer luck. that comes out to a couple thousand a year in property taxes. I like my lower rate and I'd be crazy to give up my locked in rate, but there is a bit of an equality issues. my elderly neighbors who bought in the 70s have an even lower rate. they need it because they've been retired for longer than I've been working, but there are issues with that as well. for example, they can pass that rate along to their kids...which is kinda ridiculous, but I know more than a few people who live around me that moved into their parents' house just for that reason; they're getting a house that has a FMV of over $1 million but their property tax rate is locked in at the 1975 FMV of $30k. you'd have to be retarded to pass that up.

private citizens aside, the law needs to be changed so the commercial real estate rate can float a bit with the land value. due to the way that tax reassessments are triggered corporations can exploit the fuck out of it by splitting up the sale across multiple corporate entities. it also doesn't hurt that corps don't die or have to move.

and finally the changes to the law that makes it easy to repeal a tax but hard to instate a new tax is a problem. that inevitably triggers downward revenue. I know some people want to starve the state and blah blah blah, but that kind of crap is retarded beyond all comprehension so it must be dismissed and not seriously addressed because it's simply not a serious conversation.

but tbh I don't know why I'm responding to you. you are now, and have always been, a moran.

I think you need to read up on how the Mello Roos tax got passed in the first place and what stipulations is presented.

IIRC in most cases the issuing of new bonds must be voted on by the people. mello roos is a tax assessed to pay back bonds.

it makes it easy for corporations to keep property taxes low through how they structure real estate transactions.

oh noooesss....one in a trillion things that might keep a corporation in California

EDITORIAL: Businesses flee California's high taxes and regulations - Washington Times

California is bad for business - latimes

better kill that too. leave no stone unturned from regressive rape and pillage.

equality issues.

oh noees...equality issues. not equality issues!! why not give some of this money you are so sad that you are not paying to your neighbors voluntarily then? or are you one of the loving liberals that only helps others around you through coercion and mandates? or you know sell you shit and move somewhere more expensive in a now overpriced housing market. problem fixed.

shit, just go get a permit for some type of home addition.....they will be more than happy to help you reassess your homes "current" value if you are really so heart broken that you don't have to pay more.

it also doesn't hurt that corps don't die or have to move.

like to another state.....like Nevada. Or country where they don't have to put up with such insane regulatory compliance 24/7/365. what you cockroaches need to learn is something is better than nothing....especially when nothing is your next likely option for tax collection.

Tax Dodge: Apple, Pfizer Among Top Companies That Added Nearly $90B To Their Offshore Cash Hoards Through Tax Inversion In 2014

and finally the changes to the law that makes it easy to repeal a tax but hard to instate a new tax is a problem.

yeah, because i can think of every tax that has been repealed on less that one hand. shit, on less than one finger....can you name one? I seriously doubt you can. Whereas I can name a dozen illegal taxes that they have shoveled through as fees completely circumventing Prop 13 altogether.

alifornia cities fret over tiered water rates after court decision

The Road to Repealing California's Illegal Fire Tax

that inevitably triggers downward revenue.

CA-Taxes-as-Share-of-Total-Taxes1.jpg

no it hasn't....you are fabricating reality again.

I know some people want to starve the state and blah blah blah, but that kind of crap is retarded beyond all comprehension so it must be dismissed and not seriously addressed because it's simply not a serious conversation.

starve the state? you mean stop it from binging us into the abyss.

Screen-shot-2013-06-04-at-8.26.20-AM.png

the only kind of crap retarded beyond any and all comprehension here is your ability to process numbers.

Fig_2_Nov_2014.jpg

Sources of State Taxes: State Controller's Office

speaking of schooling....which is why i am happy to respond to you and you can continue to pretend I am on ignore as I mop the fucking floor with you. which is a smart decision given how insanely idiotic you obviously are. i think it is best to ignore too.....

200_s.gif

Last edited:
I love taking advantage of California poliTics but hate paying for their actual outcomes *

*everyone in California

In I hope bam and his beautiful dogs and barrenv wife are murdered

I didn't read this thread. I'm on the East coast... but

Nestle Continues Stealing World's Water During Drought

The Nestlé Water Bottling Plant in Sacramento is the target of a major press conference on Tuesday, March 17, by a water coalition that claims the company is draining up to 80 million gallons of water a year from Sacramento aquifers during the drought.

“Nestlé pays only 65 cents for each 470 gallons it pumps out of the ground – the same rate as an average residential water user. But the company can turn the area’s water around, and sell it back to Sacramento at mammoth profits,” the coalition said.

wtf

Back