[Reading] Who's a current hot sci-fi/fantasy author

Not a new series, just a novella
Spoiler

Spoiler

Another vote for Rothfuss and Sanderson

As far as Brent Weeks. The guy is a fucking idiot. His main character never swears and there is next to no profanity throughout the first 90% of the book until the last chapter when kylar or w/e is like "FUCK THIS SHIT" out of nowhere - it's akward as hell. I think he decided at the end of that book and into the second that profanity would make his writing cool. Either use profanity or not, don't just switch into it randomly. It's not a bad plot, but it is absolutely horrid writing.

butcher is hot? not a fan of dresden and thought codex alera was a readable but nothing epic. does he have something new?

I have read a lot of good books recently but nothing I felt strong enough to recommend to someone. I did read the first book on the Dresden series because so many people recommend it from here and it was good but not a must read, I may read book 2

I think the last fantasy book I read that I would recommend was The Name of the Wind

butcher is hot? not a fan of dresden and thought codex alera was a readable but nothing epic. does he have something new?
he's pretty much just doing dresden now. new one comes out at the end of the month.

if you only read the first couple you might give the next couple a try as his style improved.

Richard Morgan.

this, but get his sci-fi books (Altered Carbon & Woken Furies are the best imho)

he has recently done a foray into fantasy with 'The Steel Remains' and it was so mehhh i didn't even finish it...which is a very rare occurance ;s

oh yeah, Dan fucking Abnett

Eisenhorn trilogy > *.*

Spoiler

I forget, how was she doing that? I need to reread those books again.

Another recommendation for Brent Weeks' Night Angel Trilogy. BTW, he's just released a new novella, Perfect Shadow, which chronicles the back-story of Durzo Blint.

Weeks' Black Prism was a good read also, though not as dark as Night Angel.

Patrick Rothfuss: Name of the Wind. One of the most well written books I've ever read. Felt like sitting at a campfire and listening to a master story-teller.

Currently reading Steven Erikson's Malazan series. Decent read, though each book has a retarded number of characters in it and can get a little long-in-the-tooth. If you liked Black Company, you'll like this. Lot's of huge battles, vast landscapes, insanely powerful magics, unapologetically gruesome.

As far as Sci-fi, Glen Cook's Starfisher Trilogy was a good read.

reading abercrombie's first law series currently
so far its good
i read 'best served cold' of his first
that was terrible.

just ordered reality dysfunction :]

it's a pretty decent read and it's a fairly interesting 'universe' that he has created, but the story and characters weren't quite gripping enough to make me want to read the next one in the series

although i guess i might go back to it

Back