Bush cancels Swiss speaking engagement to avoid possible arrest!

If we arrest anyone over that it should be John Yoo.

For doing the illegal things he was asked to do by his superiors? Then why not his superiors? He's just one of a list of a dozen IMO.

You're never going to get Bush for illegally going to war when almost the entire Congress was in on it, the courts won't make that call. But torture is another story, that's not political, that's just plain criminal from any angle...it has a way of sticking, ask any Argentinian. Even Bush acknowledges that fact, he just claims what he ordered wasn't torture. Hence the existence of the term "enhanced interrogation".

The facts aren't really in question: Bush has a malicious disregard for fundamental human rights even though he's a heck of a guy, and it's criminal. The controversial part is only what we do about it from here.

Sounds like Pardon time to me. Don't ask me how they convince Obama of that, but I betcha that's what happens.

For doing the illegal things he was asked to do by his superiors? Then why not his superiors? He's just one of a list of a dozen IMO.

You're never going to get Bush for illegally going to war when almost the entire Congress was in on it, the courts won't make that call. But torture is another story, that's not political, that's just plain criminal from any angle...it has a way of sticking, ask any Argentinian. Even Bush acknowledges that fact, he just claims what he ordered wasn't torture. Hence the existence of the term "enhanced interrogation".

The facts aren't really in question: Bush has a malicious disregard for fundamental human rights even though he's a heck of a guy, and it's criminal. The controversial part is only what we do about it from here.

Sounds like Pardon time to me. Don't ask me how they convince Obama of that, but I betcha that's what happens.

human rights? only you care about that

your definition of those words is different from what most people think

Paging FngrBANG, your hero is under fire, you are required to defend him. Bush's precum is dripping, you must suckle before any of it drips onto soil to become spilled seed, defend his honor like no other nutjob can.

what do you think the US's response would be if Bush was arrested?
I have a feeling it would be swift and violent.

Against Switzerland, nothing at all. If you attack the Swiss, you can kiss goodbye to whatever little credibility your country may have had.

lol... like the US cares

:shrug: They should, get enough of the big players (China, Soviets, etc) to jump on the Anti US War Machine bandwagon and the US would quickly lose. But thats irrelevant, it would be diplomatic suicide to declare anything against the swiss, they have and always will be a neutral country. Then you have the economic suicide as the swiss freeze all US owned swiss bank accounts, there would be trillions of US earnings locked away, the capitalists will bay for the US governments blood.

I don't think you adequately grasp the scope of what you are talking about.

ok, you're right

the swiss have us by the balls and bush would rot in a jail til he dies, good call

Switzerland, the country that doesn't give up Roman Polanski for raping a child, but the country that will arrest a former president of the US.

yeah, somehow I doubt the cancellation had anything to fucking do with torture.

i hate to break it to you guys, but no one gives a fuck about Roman Polanski and his heinous crime outside of the US

Back