NCAA College Football 2013

The Magical Zoo

Veteran XV
21669.jpg

1346779564-college-football-map.jpg

With fall camp a few weeks away...

SportingNews preseason top 25:

Spoiler

Johnny Football kicked out of the Manning QB camp for being hungover/general douchebag lol

Spoiler

ND Quarterback Golson kicked off team for "academic issues," Turnover Tommy to get start

Spoiler

Ohio State has a stupidly easy schedule

Spoiler

New coaches around the country:

Spoiler

15 Reasons to look forward to the 2013 CFB season:

Spoiler

Oregon gets hilariously light slap-on-the-wrist despite having coach caught directly paying cash for player(s)

Spoiler

New Husky Stadium

Way too early 2013 Heisman hopeful list

Spoiler

SEC coaches vote unanimously for player stipends, also Spurrier whines about ND

Spoiler

Early primer on 2014 playoff selection

Spoiler

Top 20 coaches on the hot seat for 2013

Spoiler

Last edited:
ohio snitch university

quit crying about other schools and focus on your own dirtbag program

I actually agree. It's a complete joke that they weren't hit harder and sets a very bad precedent. This wasn't Pete Carroll looking the other way while agents and other people of questionable character swarmed the locker room -- this was the head coach directly involved in paying for player(s). The fact that they scrambled and lied by saying that he was paying all that money for out-dated film tape of a player...laughable. Fuck the NCAA.

Wish bama wasn't pre-season #1. Going to make it that much harder to pull off 3 in a row.

This might need its own thread, but this is a good place:

NCAA will not renew EA Sports contract
Press Release - NCAA.org
The NCAA has made the decision not to enter a new contract for the license of its name and logo for the EA Sports NCAA Football video game. The current contract expires in June 2014, but our timing is based on the need to provide EA notice for future planning. As a result, the NCAA Football 2014 video game will be the last to include the NCAA’s name and logo. We are confident in our legal position regarding the use of our trademarks in video games. But given the current business climate and costs of litigation, we determined participating in this game is not in the best interests of the NCAA.

The NCAA has never licensed the use of current student-athlete names, images or likenesses to EA. The NCAA has no involvement in licenses between EA and former student-athletes. Member colleges and universities license their own trademarks and other intellectual property for the video game. They will have to independently decide whether to continue those business arrangements in the future.

I take it you gave a pass to Auburn on the Cam Newton scandal as well?

i take it you gave osu a pass on their countless bullshit

oregon should have gotten worse, but an osu fan is the last person to be whining about it

ps cal is gonna beat osu in berkeley and ruin the osu natl championship fantasy real early

^ that would be awesome. I have no idea how Cal is going to look under Dykes.

JudgeU said:
This might need its own thread, but this is a good place:

NCAA will not renew EA Sports contract

EA could license everything through the schools. They have a lot of money invested in the franchise, but this will make things much more difficult (I'd also imagine it would be tough to get every school to sign an independent licensing agreement, but maybe not).

i take it you gave osu a pass on their countless bullshit

oregon should have gotten worse, but an osu fan is the last person to be whining about it

ps cal is gonna beat osu in berkeley and ruin the osu natl championship fantasy real early

Never gave OSU a pass on anything. But its cute that you agree with me while imposing your moral superiority over me simply because you root for a team you assume is squeaky clean. I guess if you root for the Eagles you shouldn't complain about animal abuse, and if you root for the Steelers you're the last person that should whine about date rape.

back peddling and horrible analogies from a dimwit

plz go u r done

back peddling and horrible analogies from a dimwit

plz go u r done

No, your argument is that by being a fan of a certain team means you defend its illegal or immoral behavior--thus you are a hypocrite if you accuse anyone else of doing anything illegal or immoral. Did I miss something?

Back