non xmas xmas movies

but it was clearly a thanksgiving pageant with turkeys which only occur in fall. are you saying vansters celebrate thanksgiving year round?

Nah I'm saying a camp run by rich white people that exploits nativism would obviously run a stereotypical thanksgiving pageant

but in july? it just doesn't add up. i think the meteorology of the planet on adam's world is different from earth. that makes more sense.

YPJCSLt.jpg

imo the criteria is - if you switched xmas for say, valentines day or st patricks day would it make a difference to the overall plot of the movie

gremlins is pretty xmas'y in general - gizmo is an xmas gift, isn't he? (its been a while since ive watched it)

would he have gotten a mogwai for st patricks day from his dad who went to chinatown to get a cheap gift

idk man

but i dont think bad santa would work very well if valentines day was happening around them and mentioned casually throughout

also wow 😲 i just googled Gremlins and WTF it's playing in theaters in my city for 2 weeks for 'Flashback Film Series' and it just started today

i think this is destiny

holy shit i think im seeing Gremlins in theaters this weekend

also wow �� i just googled Gremlins and WTF it's playing in theaters in my city for 2 weeks for 'Flashback Film Series' and it just started today

i think this is destiny

holy shit i think im seeing Gremlins in theaters this weekend

i used to live across the street from a theater and go every sunday to the fathom / tmc events like sunset boulevard or terminator. it was always interesting to see how many people showed up for which movies.

gremlins was empty except me, my buddy, and a father w/ his little girl. 10 seconds after the mogwai hatched into gremlins, the dad walked his kid out and never came back :bye:

and ofc it's a christmas movie it has the fukin santa claus monologue if you swap in another holiday that would be gremlins 2

ya its a full on xmas movie not a non xmas xmas movie

altho apparently it came out in june

fuck i haven't seen it in like 15 years at least

nic coppola has been in a lot of good movies i don't think anyone questions that

he's just weird because he comes from a hollywood dynasty so instead of sucking dicks and licking assholes he gets to fund his drug addiction with crappy b movies

Back