Do you smoke cigarettes?

Do you smoke cigarettes?

• Total voters
nah and it's been a decade since i met anyone who does

if vapes stay popular millennials could be renamed the only generation that didn't smoke

Isn't vaping just the new smoking? Same shitty health effects?

Is Vaping Safer than Smoking Traditional Cigarettes?

The key difference between traditional cigarettes and e-cigarettes and related products is that the latter don’t contain tobacco. But, it isn’t just the tobacco in cigarettes that causes cancer. Traditional cigarettes contain a laundry list of chemicals that are proven harmful, and e-cigarettes have some of these same chemicals.

Since 2009, FDA has pointed out that e-cigarettes contain “detectable levels of known carcinogens and toxic chemicals to which users could be exposed.” For example, in e-cigarette cartridges marketed as “tobacco-free,” the FDA detected a toxic compound found in antifreeze, tobacco-specific compounds that have been shown to cause cancer in humans, and other toxic tobacco-specific impurities.[2] Another study looked at 42 of these liquid cartridges and determined that they contained formaldehyde, a chemical known to cause cancer in humans.[3] Formaldehyde was found in several of the cartridges at levels much higher than the maximum EPA recommends for humans. In 2017, a study published in the Public Library of Science Journal showed that significant levels of benzene, a well-known carcinogen, were found in the vapor produced by several popular brands of e-cigarettes. [4]

The body’s reaction to many of the chemicals in traditional cigarette smoke causes long-lasting inflammation, which in turn leads to chronic diseases like bronchitis, emphysema, and heart disease.[5] Since e-cigarettes also contain many of the same toxic chemicals, there is no reason to believe that they will significantly reduce the risks for these diseases.

In fact, a preliminary study presented at the 2018 annual meeting of the American Chemical Society found that vaping could damage DNA [16]. The study examined the saliva of 5 adults before and after a 15-minute vaping session. The saliva had an increase in potentially dangerous chemicals, such as formaldehyde and acrolein. Acrolein has been proven to be associated with DNA damage, for example, and DNA damage can eventually cause cancer. [18]

A study of mice funded by the National Institutes of Health found that e-cigarette smoke could cause mutations in DNA that could increase the risk of cancer. These specific mutations have been shown to potentially contribute to the development of lung and bladder cancer in mice exposed to electronic cigarette smoke. The researchers claim that these chemicals could also induce mutations leading to cancer in humans. Although mice studies aren’t always relevant to human health, this study seems to confirm the studies of human health and e-cigarettes. [19]

Because they are smokeless, many incorrectly assume that e-cigarettes are safer for non-smokers and the environment than traditional cigarettes. However, a study published in the International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health found that the use of e-cigarettes results in increased concentrations of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and airborne particles, both of which are potentially harmful when inhaled.[6] Although e-cigarette vapor may not result in the obvious smell and visible smoke of traditional cigarettes, it still has a negative impact on air quality, especially when vaping indoors.

There are no long-term studies to back up claims that the vapor from e-cigarettes is less harmful than conventional smoke. Cancer takes years to develop, and e-cigarettes were only very recently introduced to the United States. It is almost impossible to determine if a product increases a person’s risk of cancer or not until the product has been around for at least 15-20 years. Despite positive reviews from e-cigarette users who enjoy being able to smoke them where regular cigarettes are prohibited, very little is known about their safety and long-term health effects.

Last edited:
I will roll up some Drum tobacco and smoke a cig on the occasional weekend evening.
That said, I hate the smell of stale tobacco and need to take a shower and scrub my hands after.
So, pretty much a pussy smoker.

Isn't vaping just the new smoking? Same shitty health effects?

yah my point was ppl who grew up before the 90s smoked cigarettes/cigars/whatever and ppl growing up today vape (same thing), but millennials grew up after cigarettes became severely unfashionable and before vaping came in. i can think of one guy i know who vapes (tobacco) and he's like 25 so right on the edge. potheads are a different story.

idk about health effects i haven't read up, but that stuff reads like scare tactics/cya backlash. "we don't know, but it should!! be more dangerous". also some of the shit that quote says is straight up false, like we can't know it's carcinogenic until it's been around for long enough to kill people, have you ever heard of lab rats idiots. and it casually implies second-hand smoke/vapor is a real thing, which is a 10-year-dead hypothesis at this point, so i wouldn't trust anything there.

Last edited:
Smoked, then quit for years and took it up again. This time it's micro slim roll your own with long filters. A small dose. If someone gets me to smoke a premade cigarette it seems too fat and long. Planing to quit again soon. Procrastinating as I get irritable when I stop, but I try to stay pretty fit so it conflicts with my lifestyle and I hate the stink. I'm often brushing my teeth and washing my fingers with soap. I don't smoke indoors or driving in the car anymore. Disappointed I started again.

Never smoked, neither has my wife and all 4 kids have never smoked either. We never really talked about smoking with them, so did we get lucky? Is it genetics? Who knows.

my gf smokes

and its annoying

but shes smokes relatively little, talking 2 smokes a day. and she doesn't stink. and shes in that "I am going to quit soon" denial gear so hoping that stops.

I smoked for decades, finally quit seven years ago. Needed Chantix to stop. That shit works.

I still miss it, that urge never really goes away.

What with Climate Global Change warming cooling flood thing.. you would think smoking would be encouraged

Social control requires population termination

Last edited:
its impossible 2 live where I live w/o smoking even tho I rly wish I didn't

Move to California nobody smokes here anymore. And I can't really say no or yes. I haven't had a cigarette in years and I never had it as a habit... unless you call smoking two to three a day a habit during certain six-month periods of my life. I hope I haven't smoked too many of those things that they screw me up later but I avoid them like the plague now. I liked to smoke thank goodness cigarettes aren't the only thing there is out there to smoke.

Last edited:
You would think homeless camping and shitting in the street would be a bigger health concern.

Google San Diego Homeless camps

8cc5b883ab52293e98810479e8f59e3df00db9d805020fc8db4c7974233de1ae.jpg

Back