[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

0qsgxss6w2221.png

Russia Investigation: Potential Trump Collusion 'is not a Crime' Says Alan Dershowitz After Mueller Bombshells

He believed that Mueller’s final report on the investigation, which will be delivered to Congress and will not involve any formal charges against the president, will “blur the line between crimes and sins.”

"What I’m afraid is going to happen is this special counsel, whose job it is only to find crimes, not sins, only crimes, will blur the line between crimes and sins and write a report designed to put the president in a bad light," Dershowitz told Fox News Host Tucker Carlson. "But in the end, they won’t be able to find any specific violations of federal criminal statutes unless they stretch these vague laws like obstruction of justice beyond any recognition.”

The reasoning for Dershowitz’s view on Mueller and federal prosecutors, the law professor said, was because he does not “see any crimes.” Previously, Dershowitz has said Mueller's final report will be "politically very devastating."

"Collusion itself is not a crime,” he said. “Using information given by Russia to Wikileaks would not be a crime unless the campaign participated with Wikileaks in the hacking itself. There’s no evidence to support that."

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) on Sunday said that President Trump might "face the real prospect of jail time" after prosecutors indicated last week that he directed illegal payments during his 2016 presidential campaign.

"There’s a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office, the Justice Department may indict him. That he may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time," he said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Schiff: Trump may face ‘real prospect of jail time’ | TheHill

Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R) said Sunday that the language federal prosecutors are using to refer to President Trump in an indictment against Michael Cohen makes it sound as if they might have corroborating evidence that the president violated campaign finance law.

"The language in the sentencing memo is different from what we've heard before," Christie told ABC's "This Week," noting that Trump's former attorney Cohen has previously said he violated campaign finance law at the president's direction. "The only thing that would concern me if I was the president's team this morning about this sentencing memo is the language."

"The language sounds very definite," Christie said. "And what I'd be concerned about is, what corroboration do they have?"

Christie: It sounds like prosecutors have corroborating evidence against Trump beyond Cohen | TheHill

:rofl:

Sen. Angus King: Not enough evidence against Trump yet for impeachment

WASHINGTON — Maine independent Sen. Angus King, cautioned Democrats in Congress Sunday that there's not enough public evidence at this point to impeach President Donald Trump without the issue devolving into partisan warfare.

"I don't think that there's evidence yet available to the public where there would be more or less a consensus that this is an appropriate path," King said in an appearance on "Meet the Press."

"My concern is that if impeachment is moved forward on the evidence that we have now, at least a third of the country would think it was just political revenge and a coup against the president. That wouldn't serve us well at all. The best way to solve a problem like this, to me, is elections."

King, who caucuses with Democrats in the Senate, admitted that he's privy to additional information about the investigation as a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee that's not available to the public. And he said that Congress needs to be careful that it doesn't set a strictly partisan standard on an issue as important as impeachment.

"I'm a conservative when it comes to impeachment. I think it's a last resort and only when the evidence is clear of a really substantial legal violation," he said.

"We may get there, but we are not there now."

:rofl:

Rep. Jim Jordan: Comey Said 245 Times "Don't Remember, Don't Recall, Don't Know" | Video | RealClearPolitics

Rep. Jim Jordan, Republican member of the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees, blasts former FBI director James Comey for answering more than 200 questions at Friday's closed-door hearing with, "I can't recall."

"245 times he said 'don't remember, don't recall, don't know.
' The biggest takeaway for me was the 'don't know' part. Specifically, he didn't know much about Christopher Steele, the guy who used his work product, the dossier, to get the warrant to spy on the Trump campaign," Jordan explained. "Here's the key player, the guy who wrote the document that was the basis for getting the warrant, and he didn't know anything about it."

I sure liked one of the videos CBS Sports tweeted out yesterday in celebration of the Army v. Navy football game yesterday. Especially around the 3:30 mark.

Back