ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

Newegg is showing $49.99 for PC, but a low $6.99 for 360 and PS3. How long ago did you see the PC version for 8.99 on Newegg?

Sorry, but within the last couple of days the cheaper listing disappeared, though that expensive OEM listing was already there. It was actually as low as five or six bucks shipped from them at the time I got it. Looks like Amazon is the best bet currently.

This game is overdue for a serious Steam sale as well!

Thought so. I know theres steam keys that you can buy but again, i'm not sure on the validity of any of them. Probably a bit of a hassle too.

Arc, when you add that line to 'launch parametres' I cant find anything that says launch parmetres, only 'Target' and 'Start in'

Add the stuff after the target line, after the quotations finish:

"C:\Program Files\id Software\Enemy Territory - QUAKE Wars\etqw.exe" +set fs_game twars

Physics - only slightly remind me of Tribes. It's quite slow, jumpy, and difficult to maintain speed. Where's the NRG pack?

Weapons - Chain-gun stands out. Nice wind-up, and awesome sound fx.

Visuals - Professional, Tribal-themed style. Very nice for a community project.

Physics - only slightly remind me of Tribes. It's quite slow, jumpy, and difficult to maintain speed. Where's the NRG pack?

Weapons - Chain-gun stands out. Nice wind-up, and awesome sound fx.

Visuals - Professional, Tribal-themed style. Very nice for a community project.

The physics may seem a bit different because of the layout of the map. The best way to compare them is by using a remake of some of the classic maps and using those as reference. There are some areas that we think we'll work on a little bit later though.

We might look at addressing the friction and getting it to operate in different contexts. While Andrew did lay some of the groundwork for the physics, there were some areas that needed work. Initially he had all players sticking to the ground and that subsequently meant you were able to ski up slopes much like you did in T1. Unfortunately the downside of this was literally going down hills... and you'd sometimes overski and lose momentum because you were inadvertently trying to ski back up the hill you were trying to ski downwards. Also, the players had a tendency to be able to walk up anything that wasn't a 90 degree slope. You'd move at a snails pace in that scenario and it was extremely annoying. We made some corrections to the values to fix some of those problems, but they aren't perfect. I think more than anything, we just have to tweak some values and ensure that the acceleration coming off of hills doesn't go crazy, yet you're still able to bounce and ricochet off of small bumps.

The Energy pack wasn't included in the mod. We measured the values off of a standard T1 charge rates and we came to the conclusion that a recharge rate of 8 was equivalent to having no pack, while 11 gave you the correct recharge benefits of the E-pack. We decided to bring it to a middle ground of 9 to ease some more people into the mod. We may eventually decide to change this to 10, but we'll let the opinions simmer a bit on this one before we come to a final decision.

I realize it isn't perfect in it's current state, but we were more concerned with at least getting it out there and letting people give it a shot. We're looking at doing a smaller patch that will correct some minor things with the physics, then look at doing a more substantial 1.1 patch. The 1.1 patch would likely clean up some of the messier implementation of weapons, clean out a lot of the ETQW specific crap that we didn't have time to strip out, new GUI stuff, and add a proper options menu with all of the twars specific settings and preferences changeable in the options screen.

Any other constructive feedback is welcome. I've heard a lot of good things, but if there's something that's bothering you about the mod, then it's most likely fixable.

i hope this isn't obvious but you should really have implemented LT as the default until more people play

forcing people to play every map cluster is not gr8

Back