Have you had your 15 minutes of fame?

That is crazy as hell.

Man Charged With Vicious Knife Attack - Pennsylvania News Story - WGAL Lancaster

I thought so too. She got nominated for a Carnegie Heroism Award (I don't know if that's the exact title) but eventually was turned down because they felt what she did wasn't heroic enough nor was it extraordinary. If you read some of the past winners on their site, you'd be as shocked as I was upon hearing that news. She did win a Red Cross award and got a check in the mail for $50 from an anonymous stranger. She's also getting a whopping $21/year from the guy who did it to make up for the year she was off of work due to emotional distress after the incident.

Man Charged With Vicious Knife Attack - Pennsylvania News Story - WGAL Lancaster

I thought so too. She got nominated for a Carnegie Heroism Award (I don't know if that's the exact title) but eventually was turned down because they felt what she did wasn't heroic enough nor was it extraordinary. If you read some of the past winners on their site, you'd be as shocked as I was upon hearing that news. She did win a Red Cross award and got a check in the mail for $50 from an anonymous stranger. She's also getting a whopping $21/year from the guy who did it to make up for the year she was off of work due to emotional distress after the incident.

I was also nominated for the Carnegie Hero Award. It was at that time a gold medal and $5,000. I didnt get it either, I lost to a guy that had a heart condition and saved someones life. Honestly, I just wanted the medal so my kids could have it forever.(the money would have been nice too)

Kudos to your mother too, that was pretty awesome of her to do.(weird it was in PA just like me)

hfinger, I got two things from the video:
Your hat was on crooked for the interview.
Michelle Esteban was hot.​
(oh and good job saving the kids)

Yes. My mom stepped between a stabbing victim and the assailant. He had stabbed her and broken off 2 knives inside of her and was going for a third when my mom got there. She managed to get the victim to safety and calm the assailant down (he had 3x the legal limit of alcohol and was hopped up on Valium and painkillers as well) until the police came to arrest him. She would not talk to the press so I did newspaper and TV interviews for her for well over a week.

She sounds hardcore.

I'd rather die than be associated with the blundering turd.

Last edited:
you need to rewrite that story akuma. how was the dinner w/ gates?

what did he eat?

what did you eat?

was it just you two?

was it romantic?

yeah finger did you get to bang michelle esteban b/c she is fuckin hot
I was married at the time. But yes, she was pretty hot. She actually contacted me a few years later to do a follow-up interview with me and the family. They didnt return her calls and have not returned mine since that happened some 11+ years ago. A thank you card would have worked for me. :shrug:

What the hell kind of accent is that? It sounds like you're pennsylvania mixed with Irish. You keep saying "down" with a really weird inflection.

ps. well done dude

I dont have the typical Pittsburgh accent with "yeens" and shit like that. But in hindsight I definately sound like a Pittsburgher saying "down". There are so many parts of those newscast that I wish I could redo. But it happened too fast.

I've been shown close-up on ESPN four or five times when Marshall has had games televised.

herdjcnu2.jpg

This is actually 2005 @ Kansas State on Fox Sportsnet.

Its easy to get on TV when you dress head to toe in obnoxious kelly green.

Jack Lengyel is one of my fraternity alumni :shock: I met him last year at our formal. I think there's a pic of him with some of my brothers somewhere...

edit: here we are

lengyel.jpg

Last edited:
you need to rewrite that story akuma. how was the dinner w/ gates?

what did he eat?

what did you eat?

was it just you two?

was it romantic?

What sucks the most is, I posted the story with pics and info and such and they were lost on the TW server crash for good, no history no nothing.

Gist of the story is... I worked Thursday day all day, normal 9-5 shit. My friend called me and asked me to help promote her bar in NYC. I said ok. I came in with about 15 people around 10:00. It was a shitty bad and to this day the most expensive drinks i ever paid for. 19$ for one LIT.

Midnight comes along, and I have work the next day, and I said I am going to head out. I leave the bar and decide to make a right turn. I see this huge glass building with flat screen TV's on every other floor on all sides of this square shaped, multi story building. Being a nerd, i say WTF is that.

I go up to the building and they inform me that its a contest that starts now (Thursday at midnight) its against NY, LA and Japan. Its all synchronized. The contest is for 48 hours straight and u play a variety of games. Cell damage, tony hawk, DOA, Gotham Racing - i think thats it, i forgot, one more.

Im kinda drunk and I lost the first round. They make u get back in line. Since its Thursday at midnight there is no line. I wait 10 mins, go back in and play. I win. I continue to win for about 6 hours. At this point I realize I am not making it into work. Its now Friday morning. Still playing.

I call my boss tell him I don't think I will be in on Sat (worked at Verizon - retail) and he yells at me saying. "Ya know, maybe if you make up a more elaborate story ill let you take off the whole month - dont fucking lie to me" - He hangs up.

Sat strolls along, I am really beat. The line is in the thousands because the system isnt out yet, and its a weekend. People have the time now.

I have been awake since Thursday 7am. Still playing, I continue to win..I play till midnight. I find out that NY takes #1, and 2, and LA takes 3. Japan didn't place. These are all "new" games so i suppose the japs couldn't play for 100+ hours and practice.

So I win, I get a bunch of goodies. I sold off everything and only kept the vacation to Mexico for 4. I actually took Midnj from TW too. This is where I had my first threesome with 2 hooters chicks.

With everything I sold off, I used for a down payment for my house.

This Pic is fight after I won. Jay Allard to my left. I dunno the other guy.

l_a3ee0a231e7d62e51e8432f60df92a3b.jpg

Anyway - after I win its like 1am now. They walk me to this VIP area with Jay Allard #2 man for MS. He introduces me to Gavin Rossdale. I really was out of it and it didnt click. I am eating all this awesome catered food which was nice because the only food I lived on for 2 days was redbull and tacobell. Those were the 2 sponsors. Horrible diet. So yeah, I get a backstage pass and he is playing next door. This is foggy but its a very dark room with maybe uh... 70 people? I watch him play and go back to the VIP room.

From here at about 3am (Monday morning) they ask me if I am going to be available; saying we have a surprise for you. How would you like to open the Toys R us in Manhattan with Bill Gates. (They were synchronizing the opening of the Toys R us and the release of the system to kinda duel market each other) I said OK. Duh. I am still on NO sleep. Its been 58+ hours now?

Bill Part

So I open the toys r us with bill, cut the string and everything. I am told, don't speak to him unless spoken to. He has about 5 people around him at all times, and a lot of security guards. One of the guards tells me, "you are closer to him then I have ever been in 15 years"

I go downstairs to the gaming area, and the top 10 or so people from the NYC contest follow. I get to play xbox with him and bill knew how to play every game. He was good at all of them. No pro, but he definitely knew what to do in every game. I was on TV at this point. I beat him (i had to) and he said,
ah glad to see you don't just let me win - good job, not many people say they can beat me at anything" After that i lost on purpose because - i dunno just felt like the right thing to do on camera.

They took me across the street to the WWF restaurant, he talked to me a little asking me about myself. Very sincere nice and social guy. We get to the restaurant, I am sitting next to him. Things I noticed.... He had dandruff on his suit which IMO just made him that much more "normal"

He had a burger and fries, honestly just an average nice guy with no signs of arrogance. Shortly after i was introduced to "The Rock" and Bill had to go because he was about to give away the first xbox ever - which was big news considering Microsoft was always known for windows.

Thats the jist.

Last edited:
Back