Asking a girl on a second date.

I'm not sure how this question came up but I'll try to help to explain. I only skimmed ayz's explanation, and though I'm sure he's correct, it is pretty confusing.

All you really need to think about is how you have a 1/3 chance of picking the right one in the beginning, this probability does not change when you are revealed the wrong one. It does not change because you will ALWAYS be revealed a rejection letter. If the game was changed to one where you couldn't change letters and I revealed the letters to you one at a time, just because I always reveal a rejection letter first doesn't change your 1/3 odds.

The flip side is that if your probability stays at 1/3 when you don't switch, it must be 2/3 if you do.

Hope that helps.

Monty Hall problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ok i understand now, definitely counterintuitive to me unless its broken down simply

yeah it is pretty counterintuitive

key point is that the guy knows what's in each envelope and will not reveal the correct choice, so what he shows you is not random.

if both parties don't know shit, and he just randomly reveals an envelope, then you are correct with the initial conclusion that once a rejection envelope is revealed, it's 50/50 and doesn't matter

yeah it is pretty counterintuitive

key point is that the guy knows what's in each envelope and will not reveal the correct choice, so what he shows you is not random.

if both parties don't know shit, and he just randomly reveals an envelope, then you are correct with the initial conclusion that once a rejection envelope is revealed, it's 50/50 and doesn't matter

IM A CRAB

no i didnt mess shit up homoz thats how its asked

You are given a 3-gallon jug and a 5-gallon jug
How do you use them to get 4 gallons of liquid?

no i didnt mess shit up homoz thats how its asked

You are given a 3-gallon jug and a 5-gallon jug
How do you use them to get 4 gallons of liquid?

fill up 5, pour into 3.
2 gallons in 5

pour out 3
pour 2 gallons in 5 into 3.

fill up 5, pour 1 gallon into 3

die

A car travels a distance of 60 miles at an average speed of 30 mph. How fast would the car have to travel the same 60 mile distance home to average 60 mph over the entire trip?

A car travels a distance of 60 miles at an average speed of 30 mph. How fast would the car have to travel the same 60 mile distance home to average 60 mph over the entire trip?

It can't.

Edit: nice move animo, I can admit when I'm wrong, it can be done

No. You will die at age 50 from aids; a miserable death by which your body slowly rots away.

I will end life at a happy old age with an amazing wife with a life full of amazing memories, with kids and Grand kids to carry the stories on.

Every side has cultural propaganda, but come on. Do you honestly think that many people get diseases from casual sex? Certainly in some areas I suppose that might occur, but we would be having far greater problems as a country if that was the case.

You can use what reasons you want besides that, but that one is really weak.

I know I am not proud at this moment. I literally just spent all night doing tensile and yield strength problems and am wiped out. I took one look at the riddle and was like I GOT IT............fucking math.

I know I am not proud at this moment. I literally just spent all night doing tensile and yield strength problems and am wiped out. I took one look at the riddle and was like I GOT IT............fucking math.

I deserve an apology, my feelings were hurt.

Back