The Armory

The Armory

There. Critiques/shit talking is welcome. I haven't done any instances at all in outland so far though.

Edit: You'll notice I fucked up my talents on the Sub side... mis-click.

Well, curious about your assasination points, you didn't put any in improved poisons, since mutilate is a poisons based talent? you want to make sure a poison is applied when you mutilate for the added damage, at least from my pov.

I split by left over points between combat and subtlety, in sub I mainly wanted to get Imp Sap, and in Combat I'm working towards Riposte. I'll have 1 point left over to spend somewhere, haven't decided yet how I'm going to apply it - perhaps in master of Deception...

Well, curious about your assasination points, you didn't put any in improved poisons, since mutilate is a poisons based talent? you want to make sure a poison is applied when you mutilate for the added damage, at least from my pov.

I split by left over points between combat and subtlety, in sub I mainly wanted to get Imp Sap, and in Combat I'm working towards Riposte. I'll have 1 point left over to spend somewhere, haven't decided yet how I'm going to apply it - perhaps in master of Deception...

As far as the poisons go I was split between that and a couple of the other talents on that tree. From playing I saw that applying poisons wasn't a problem although the higher percentage certainly helps. I'm really just throwing points in there to try things out (I used to be combat daggers before muti came out)

As for sub I also wanted imp sap and imp ambush more than anything else. What do you think about spending those extra points in sub on poison talents? I need to re-spec once I get a better feel for the ass tree.

As far as the poisons go I was split between that and a couple of the other talents on that tree. From playing I saw that applying poisons wasn't a problem although the higher percentage certainly helps. I'm really just throwing points in there to try things out (I used to be combat daggers before muti came out)

As for sub I also wanted imp sap and imp ambush more than anything else. What do you think about spending those extra points in sub on poison talents? I need to re-spec once I get a better feel for the ass tree.

You never use sinister strike? I've have applied points in that at least. It's usually the bread and butter attack for rogues. If you're not having issues with poison application, then you may not need to change anything there, but (at least to me) some of the combat talents are required, esp SS. You can compare our builds for my suggestions. I don't do a lot of PVP though, I don't know if that's your focus or not.

You never use sinister strike? I've have applied points in that at least. It's usually the bread and butter attack for rogues. If you're not having issues with poison application, then you may not need to change anything there, but (at least to me) some of the combat talents are required, esp SS. You can compare our builds for my suggestions. I don't do a lot of PVP though, I don't know if that's your focus or not.

i very very very very very very very very rarely ( read poison immune mobs ) SS

Mutilate is pretty much shit now in my opinion, if i used daggers i would be combat daggers over mutilate anyways for pve. From what i've seen and messed around with mutilate is only good if you have the crit for it. Personally im 20/41/0 and this is the best dmg for pve that I can do. Always top dmg for any 5 man, or Karazhan run (good warlocks come close). With the aldor sword and latros, you can put out a shit load of damage, until you get kara+ swords loot etc. (hoping for a spiteblade personally :D ) I have 1692 AP unbuffed, 22% crit, and 167 hit rating + 5% talent.

Mutilate (41/20) will be the best standard stand there and stab shit DPS once our crit goes up more. Right now it keeps up with combat swords/daggers/fist just fine, and as our crit goes up, sealfate will boost Muti/DW to the top.

Mutilate is pretty much shit now in my opinion, if i used daggers i would be combat daggers over mutilate anyways for pve. From what i've seen and messed around with mutilate is only good if you have the crit for it. Personally im 20/41/0 and this is the best dmg for pve that I can do. Always top dmg for any 5 man, or Karazhan run (good warlocks come close). With the aldor sword and latros, you can put out a shit load of damage, until you get kara+ swords loot etc. (hoping for a spiteblade personally :D ) I have 1692 AP unbuffed, 22% crit, and 167 hit rating + 5% talent.

15/41/5 is better, FYI.

not to mention ROFL

Considering that I've been the most unlucky person with drops... and that i've yet to have a Dagger or any decent weapon drop for me, regardless how many lvl 70 5mans i've run... i'm doing fine. Got a Ced's carver while chest farming in heroic underbog... so i'm using it.
I've been in Kara only once, up to the Curator.... and have been unlucky with drops there.

And combat daggers is the PVE spec to use for damage. Hell, don't take my word for it... go look at any of the farthest progressed guilds, and take a look at their rogues.

oh... and ROFL at your elitism in WoW.

15/41/5 is better, FYI.

Ok.. from your own opinion it is? I'd rather pick up lethality then waste 5 combo points on useless shit in sublety. Why would I want 20% dmg increase to my garrote? I'm full pve build. I've done every spec, I just respecced for a day to hemo to test out how much AP/Agi i'd have with the talents ( took me over 1800 unbuffed) But it's just not worth it. Imp. SnD is for the win. This is my build by the way, normally always top damage in any raid with a warlock close behind. Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Last edited:
Ok.. from your own opinion it is? I'd rather pick up lethality then waste 5 combo points on useless shit in sublety. Why would I want 20% dmg increase to my garrote? I'm full pve build. I've done every spec, I just respecced for a day to hemo to test out how much AP/Agi i'd have with the talents ( took me over 1800 unbuffed) But it's just not worth it. Imp. SnD is for the win. This is my build by the way, normally always top damage in any raid with a warlock close behind. Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I misread your earlier post. You mentioned Mut and then said you were 20/41/0, took that to mean daggers. My bad. =p

Considering that I've been the most unlucky person with drops... and that i've yet to have a Dagger or any decent weapon drop for me, regardless how many lvl 70 5mans i've run... i'm doing fine. Got a Ced's carver while chest farming in heroic underbog... so i'm using it.
I've been in Kara only once, up to the Curator.... and have been unlucky with drops there.

And combat daggers is the PVE spec to use for damage. Hell, don't take my word for it... go look at any of the farthest progressed guilds, and take a look at their rogues.

oh... and ROFL at your elitism in WoW.

i can think of three QUESTS that give WAY better weapons.

The Armory

Thats my uh... sorta stam healing gear? I don't know why I have those rings on, and I'd use a healing mace and diff belt for healing.
I respecced right as we accepted an arena queue so I fucked up while jamming points in as the timer counted down.

Oh i know of the quests... actually did one today and finally upgraded my damn hwl razor offhand... (which is a terrible off hand choice for combat potency.... i know)

Anyway... its all moot, because Moroes is dropping my fucking dagger tonight.

Oh i know of the quests... actually did one today and finally upgraded my damn hwl razor offhand... (which is a terrible off hand choice for combat potency.... i know)

Anyway... its all moot, because Moroes is dropping my fucking dagger tonight.

15% drop my ass.

tsetse's 5 man team is under 1500 rating for the second week in a row

how is that even possible

oh wait he's terrible and talks like he's an expert

Back