New M5 - Best car in the (real) world

Mitchdubai

Poop
Veteran XV
That's what the magazines are saying. More or less the same as they did for the last 2 models, both of which I owned. Just don't think I can afford this fucker right now at $150k, and anyway the arabs probably booked them all a year ago, but a special thanks to the fuckers at BMW for putting out a press launch car in an awesome blue colour just to make me want it even more, similar colour to my old E39 - Estoril Blue.

I never understood why people like BMWs so much. They all look so ugly to me. :psyduck:

Do they perform really well/are they just really nice on the inside or something? :confused:

I know it's a "luxury" car and a status symbol, but there are plenty of other cars out there that you can say the same thing about that look 100x better.

Honda_Accord_2001_Sport_Rear.jpg

I never understood why people like BMWs so much. They all look so ugly to me. :psyduck:

Do they perform really well/are they just really nice on the inside or something? :confused:

I know it's a "luxury" car and a status symbol, but there are plenty of other cars out there that you can say the same thing about that look 100x better.

No they drive like shit and they're fucking rubbish on the inside. Hence the mags rating the M5 as the best car in the (real) world.

For all the engineering I'd still rather have a muscle car just for looks alone. Now take the drive train from an M5 and put it into a Challenger ... then we might have something decent.

Actually there isn't. Recently competitionhas gotten better but only a few years who Mercedes were Chrysler boats with overengineered interiors and overpowered engines to compensate for their weight. They couldnt handle or do anything outside of accelerate , and they all had auto trans. Reliability was terrible. Sadly this is still mostly true.

Audi had weight issues and severe reliability issues. The awd and turbos created massive problems and they lacked the performance of BMW. Recently they have made vast improvements.

Jaguars were stuck in 1985 and completely unreliable and slow pieces of trash. The styling was so dated. They've made enormous improvements in styling by ripping off Aston Martin but the cars still suck.

Acuras are fwd and not enthusiasts cars.

Lexus is reliable but boring.

Infiniti was hot for a bit but even that has dwindled see my point why BMW keeps selling?

For all the engineering I'd still rather have a muscle car just for looks alone. Now take the drive train from an M5 and put it into a Challenger ... then we might have something decent.

You have to be fucking kidding me. I drove a Challenger SS, handles like a fucking boat. How unsurprising. You put the BMW drivetrain in that POS and it will just fall off the road as soon as anyone mentions a bend.

Out of the standard 'luxury' car brands (lexus, benz, bmw, infiniti, acura, caddy, audi), BMW is definitely my favorite drive hands down. The others are nice cars and sometimes the BMW interior isn't as fancy but if you like driving, the experience is the best.

Right now I have a 335i xdrive (not top of the line at all) and the only car I'd ever trade up for that isn't another BMW is a Maserati Quattroporte..and that's in another league ha.

Actually there isn't. Recently competitionhas gotten better but only a few years who Mercedes were Chrysler boats with overengineered interiors and overpowered engines to compensate for their weight. They couldnt handle or do anything outside of accelerate , and they all had auto trans. Reliability was terrible. Sadly this is still mostly true.

Audi had weight issues and severe reliability issues. The awd and turbos created massive problems and they lacked the performance of BMW. Recently they have made vast improvements.

Jaguars were stuck in 1985 and completely unreliable and slow pieces of trash. The styling was so dated. They've made enormous improvements in styling by ripping off Aston Martin but the cars still suck.

Acuras are fwd and not enthusiasts cars.

Lexus is reliable but boring.

Infiniti was hot for a bit but even that has dwindled see my point why BMW keeps selling?

Fairly bang on generally, but I beg to differ on the Jaguar point. My new company car (XF 5.0) is beautiful to drive and feels very solid. Only done 1k miles so can't comment on the long term reliability, but so far I love the car.

Honestly there is no real alternative to BMW the closest thing Audi but Audi's are probably even more douchey then BMW at this point.

Back