Samsung Epic II or iPhone 5

EspoMan

Veteran XV
Ok guys so im having a hard time deciding between the Epic II or the iPhone. Sprint is most likely getting the iphone 5 next month. I currently own the original epic and its an ok phone. I never owned an iphone though, but have used my friends iphone and it seems like a solid phone. Your thoughts?

from leaked information the iphone is, again, behind the curve... so the epic 2 is probably better.

that said, nexus prime.

Ok guys so im having a hard time deciding between the Epic II or the iPhone. Sprint is most likely getting the iphone 5 next month. I currently own the original epic and its an ok phone. I never owned an iphone though, but have used my friends iphone and it seems like a solid phone. Your thoughts?

i'm waiting on the new nexus phone

if you are just using it for an ipod, go iphone

if you aren't an advanced user, and require something thats so simple it hurts, go iphone

that being said, i'm still rocking my evo until the new nexus phone :D

own a galaxy S 2 myself, it's pretty neat.

Considering Apple haven't released any specs for their next phone yet, all you can go on is the fervent fanboyism from both sides of the fence speculating about what they suspect it'll be.

I'm sure it'll be a capable phone. I'm sure it will do some things very well. I'm sure some of those things will be of absolutely no interest to me, but raved about by others. I'm sure it will have some minor flaws that get blown out of all proportion.

:shrug: I like my Samsung.

I have an HTC Desire HD and it's pretty decent

best part is the camera, it's like 8.0 mp.. fucking awesome pics versus "camera-phone" pics

Epic owner, right here. Love my phone, but then again, I'm the sort that likes to screw with my phone.

Froyo to GB, yo.

iphone 5 the retina displays are much more visible in sunlight compared to other phones, also jailbreaking that shit makes everything free
samsung is a shit brand, all their products are made to fail (ex. tv's with 10v capacitors instead of 16v, makes your tv break most people will have to go buy another $1000 for a 5 dollar problem)

For me, my Epic has been pretty damn good. Every phone I had before that had a touch screen just didn't go the distance. I remember getting my touch replaced 4 times from dropping and cracking. This thing has lasted me over a year already.

I'm close to considering dumping android at this point. Huge problem with the Bluetooth stack, when streaming audio and phone data. Practically hardlocks the phone, and its persistent throughout major roms like Cyanogen. Big problem for me, as I really like my bt headphones for working out and off hours at work.

how do you phone nerds view the droid bionic? im getting it free in a few days (company phone i can use for personal use :D)

iphone 5 the retina displays are much more visible in sunlight compared to other phones, also jailbreaking that shit makes everything free
samsung is a shit brand, all their products are made to fail (ex. tv's with 10v capacitors instead of 16v, makes your tv break most people will have to go buy another $1000 for a 5 dollar problem)
:lol:

I'm close to considering dumping android at this point. Huge problem with the Bluetooth stack, when streaming audio and phone data. Practically hardlocks the phone, and its persistent throughout major roms like Cyanogen. Big problem for me, as I really like my bt headphones for working out and off hours at work.

which phone do you have? I had the galaxy S and now have the galaxy S II on sprint and haven't had any major issues with the bluetooth. I only use it in my car though.

As for iphone vs S II: galxy S II easy

Galaxy SII here. It's great, though I wish it was made out of something a bit more durable than plastic. My phone sits in my pants pocket or on my desk, and it still has scuffs on the bottom rear where the speaker is. It's not like I'm playing air hockey with it either, I'm pretty careful when picking it up and putting it down.

Back