My 20yr old cat has just died.

I will, I would post pictures of his youth but all the photos of him are at home, and it's a bit too far to travel just for pictures :(

:(

20 years is a bloody good innings
salute.gif

I am away at university, so I never really had a chance to fuss him one last time.

:(

Feel your pain. Lost both mine in the same semester of school.

The first to go was just not eating anymore, and just not acting right. Probably had cancer, so my parents had it put down.

The other one was starting to go blind and deaf. It would walk down the stairs, and then loose its footing, falling down the rest of the stairs. Well before he could die a peaceful death, one of his bad habits caught up to him. He loved sleeping under the neighbors truck. My mother who witnessed the incident says that the cat didn't bother moving as the neighbor pulled out of the driveway - crushing the cats head, causing its brains to come out a little. I guess it was pretty horrific, especially since that didn't kill it immediately. :(

They were both around 20. So they had lived long, meaningful cat lives. :roller:

Sorry to hear man. That's a hell of a good run for a cat though. I got lucky growing up myself. Our girl was 21 when we had to put her down. My last two boys were 11 and 15 when we lost them. :(

don't waste the carcass by burying it

take it to your local wok/china buffet and they'll give you $3-4 for it and a free meal

I had a witty but heartfelt response

but now you can't see it because it wasn't the first response and it just isn't the same

next time you make a thread please alert me first

your friend,

KJ

That sucks. I had two cats growing up. When I went to visit my mommy, a scraggly beat up ole junkyard looking cat walked up and nudged his head on my pants. I was about to kick it away (my mom likes to harbor stray animals) and I saw his eyes and immediately recognized him as the 25 lb. furball that used to fall asleep at the end of my bed.

I couldn't believe it... one of his ears was cut off about halfway, the other ear had no fur, his whiskers were gray, he walked with an arthritic hip limp, and had no voice (his meows were just mouth openings).

I reached down to pet him and scratch his neck and his eyes lit up so bright.

The next time I visited my mom said she hasn't seen him in over 6 months. I cried on the way home.

Lost my cat 8 years ago... She dide at 11. Finally decided to get another cat last year, shes around 1 1/2 years old now, plenty of caturdays ahead :D

imag0103g.jpg

Back