The Hobbit [update]

AnubiS

Veteran XV
"THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY" AND "THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN" ARE ANNOUNCED AS TITLES OF PETER JACKSON'S EPIC TWO-FILM ADAPTATION OF J.R.R...

First Look: 3 pictures!
Ian McKellen | 'Hobbit' First Look: 3 Pics! | Photo 2 of 3 | EW.com

We'll all have to wait until Dec. 14, 2012, for the full fruits of director Peter Jackson's labors on his two-part adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's Hobbit. But, to tide us over, Jackson has shared the first images from his Lord of the Rings prequels with EW — and talked to us about how the fantasy epic is shaping up so far. (For the full story, pick up the issue of Entertainment Weekly on stands June 24.)

Director Peter Jackson has confirmed that Orlando Bloom will reprise the role of the Legolas—the role he played in “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy—in the epic two-part screen adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit,” now filming in New Zealand.

205037_197270413641905_160617097307237_468378_7619235_n.jpg

you gotta love this mother fucker

Evangeline Lilly was cast as an elf. I wonder if she'll be on an island.

Er, Legolas was in The Hobbit, was he?

No, not in the book.

I think (based on the casting info) they're going to show the White Council smashing the Necromancer's (Sauron) fuck in Mirkwood. They make a passing reference to the mission in the book, but that's why Gandalf bails out on the party midway through the journey.

"THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY" AND "THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN" ARE ANNOUNCED AS TITLES OF PETER JACKSON'S EPIC TWO-FILM ADAPTATION OF J.R.R...

First Look: 3 pictures!
Ian McKellen | 'Hobbit' First Look: 3 Pics! | Photo 2 of 3 | EW.com

We'll all have to wait until Dec. 14, 2012, for the full fruits of director Peter Jackson's labors on his two-part adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's Hobbit. But, to tide us over, Jackson has shared the first images from his Lord of the Rings prequels with EW — and talked to us about how the fantasy epic is shaping up so far. (For the full story, pick up the issue of Entertainment Weekly on stands June 24.)

Director Peter Jackson has confirmed that Orlando Bloom will reprise the role of the Legolas—the role he played in “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy—in the epic two-part screen adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit,” now filming in New Zealand.

205037_197270413641905_160617097307237_468378_7619235_n.jpg

you gotta love this mother fucker

I didn't recognize him at first. I thought that was Dominic Monghan. I always think of Peter Jackson being built more like Peter Griffin.

PeterJackson1.jpg

No, not in the book.

I think (based on the casting info) they're going to show the White Council smashing the Necromancer's (Sauron) fuck in Mirkwood. They make a passing reference to the mission in the book, but that's why Gandalf bails out on the party midway through the journey.
It should interesting to see how they do it... Because they don't have the rights to the books that cover it.

i actually watched the full "making of lotr" dvds that came with the extended set... it was like another 2 hours for each movie lol. the effort they put into this shit was fuckin insane... brought a tear to my eye :D

i actually watched the full "making of lotr" dvds that came with the extended set... it was like another 2 hours for each movie lol. the effort they put into this shit was fuckin insane... brought a tear to my eye :D
Yes... The commentary on the extended edition is great too.

Speaking of which the bluray comes out next Tuesday.

The Hobbit is what me and my buddy call the midget working at the buffalo wild wings we always go to. Shes not exactly a midget because she has normal proportions but she is definitely under 4 and a half feet tall.

Back