[PS3] Disconnecting from Access Point

untouchable

Contributor
Veteran XX
So I just got a PS3 (Also have had XBox from day one, that's why I'm just now getting a PS3) and I'm connected to my wireless network via my Belkin router.

I'll randomly get kicked from Black Ops with this error message and will have to reconnect to the Playstation Network.

Anyone have any insight on this problem?

PS. My gamertag for PS3 is "ttstylez" same as my XBL in case anyone wants to play with me. :-]

I've had a lot of connectivity issues with PSN lately, wireless or wired. Everything else works just fine. I play with perfect connection on MW2/Fat Princess, but it takes me 3 or 4 tries to login to my PSN account.

And downloading updates for games takes forever. I gave up on the 1.9(i think) patch for Burnout paradise; its like 200 MBs and it downloads at an estimated 12kbps.

Right now I'm downloading the entire SNES collection at 1MB/s via newsgroups, so I have no clue wtf is going on

try updating firmware or 3rd party firmware on the router if available

my PS3 works fine online upnp on or off on the router

Last time that happened to me Wufei a firmware update on the router fixed it.

unt: Are you doing anything else while using the PS3 online? My old Belkin router would choke out and die if I did stuff from two wired/wireless devices at the same time.

Hmm.. I haven't updated firmware in a loonngg time. Will do.

Shit, I may even check out tomato or DD-WRT now.

i keep getting disconnected from BC2 every 10-20 mins. really starting to piss me off. this wasn't happening before

Soon your shit will start to lock up and you will not be able to play black ops but other games will work fine.

Last time that happened to me Wufei a firmware update on the router fixed it.

unt: Are you doing anything else while using the PS3 online? My old Belkin router would choke out and die if I did stuff from two wired/wireless devices at the same time.

bam: My iPhone is connected to the same wireless network.

I read some posts on some help forums about that being an issue. Maybe I'll try taking my phone off wifi while I play. :shrug:

To those of you saying it's because I have a Belken router: This issue is happening to a bunch of people with all different kinds of routers and most of the posts I've read on other forums they said Linksys routers soooo...???

That seemed to do the trick. Anyone who said they were having the same issue go to: Settings > Network Settings > Media Server Connection and turn it off

My PS3 does this regularly, enough so hat I ended up grabbing another router and using it as a wireless bridge for a capture device, and I ended up just using that for my PS3 . I hook my 360 up to it too usually, but never had these sort of drop issues with my Wii or 360 and found it pretty annoying.

Back