Wakeboard boats

Phantred

Veteran XV
Doing some looking around, and I know nothing about boats as far as brand goes, but there seems to be some pretty crazy price differences. I'll have to do my own reading as far as the details, but I'm looking for brand reputation from this thread.

2 best days of your life, hole in the water you throw your money into, etc etc

you'll need this

DSCF1607.jpg

I was looking to get a seadoo sportster jet boat (210hp, 14 feet) last year that can be used for wake boarding. People told me that they are gas guzzlers and do not create enough wake. I don't know much else. These boats are super fun on calm lakes but are much too small for anything slightly choppy.

I'm seeing(locally) mostly

moomba
correct craft
supra
monterey
sea fox
mariah
epic
mastercraft
and
malibu

top 3 and bottom 3?

I was looking to get a seadoo sportster jet boat (210hp, 14 feet) last year that can be used for wake boarding. People told me that they are gas guzzlers and do not create enough wake. I don't know much else. These boats are super fun on calm lakes but are much too small for anything slightly choppy.

yeah, I saw a nice looking seadoo with a stick of 18k, vs all the other wakeboard boats that start at 35-45. Did some asking around and I got that too, really not good for wakeboarding.

top 3: sea fox, epic, and mastercraft

bottom 3: correct craft, supra, mariah

sea fox like megan fox... epic because it's nerdy... mastercraft like master chief

correct craft could be incorrect... supra is a shoe... mariah carey sucks

You can always get those "Fat Sack" things to make your boat better for wakeboarding aswell.

Picture of my fat sack

You might want to go with a boat that is more versatile. Something that is also good for slalom skiing. :shrug:

Just a thought.

top 3: sea fox, epic, and mastercraft

bottom 3: correct craft, supra, mariah

sea fox like megan fox... epic because it's nerdy... mastercraft like master chief

correct craft could be incorrect... supra is a shoe... mariah carey sucks

the seafox and epic were my bottom in looks:(

is supra really bad? I love the look of them, the moomba's, and the malibus.

Where does moomba and malibu sit? Their price is so right and they look good, actually the moomba is down in the 30's. What am I gonna get for an extra 20k?

moomba and malibu are in the middle

moomba because it's like the robotic sweeper that cleans for you

and my friend drove a malibu in high school

I hope this is helping you out

You might want to go with a boat that is more versatile. Something that is also good for slalom skiing. :shrug:

Not really looking for versatility, this thing is going to be 100% wakeboarding and lake bars\party boat. Anything else I do on the water, like fishing, I do with my father, who has a fishing boat. Those sacks do seem like a cool idea though.

80 grand is worth it for a shitty little fucking boat to pull wakeboarders? fuck me

wallpaper_1studio_profil.jpg

For stern drives I would for sure go Malibu/Moomba. Most of the issues are on older 'jetboat' models so if you can get your hands an a cheaper new one - awesome! Never hitting a rock on the lake again really makes a difference.

http://www.sea-doo.com/SEADOOPUBLIC/CMSResource.ashx/www.sea-doo.com/neutral/products/wake230/gallery/wallpaper_1studio_profil.jpg

For stern drives I would for sure go Malibu/Moomba. Most of the issues are on older 'jetboat' models so if you can get your hands an a cheaper new one - awesome! Never hitting a rock on the lake again really makes a difference.

Do Seadoo boats chew gas like the PWCs?, because me and a buddy put 200$ worth of gas through 2 Seadoos in about 4 hours

we can spend the entire day on the water with the inboard and it only uses like 25$

Do Seadoo boats chew gas like the PWCs?, because me and a buddy put 200$ worth of gas through 2 Seadoos in about 4 hours

we can spend the entire day on the water with the inboard and it only uses like 25$
?

1) seadoos are pretty much PWC engines in a bigger body...
2) PWC's chew up gas because of the type (2 vs 4 cycle), as well as how you use it. if you took your boat out and constantly gunned it, drove in circles, and fluctuated the speed like you do with a pwc, you'd certainly chew up just as much gas.

like cars, is all in how you drive it. that and if its a 2 cycle it'll burn way more gas than a 4 cycle.

Back