[So] Should I just be a sheep and get an iPhone?

ShartShooter

Veteran XX
Contract with Sprint is up (do not for the love of god ever go to Sprint) and so I'm either gonna get an iPhone or a Blackberry (unless something else is better than I'm unaware of). Don't give a shit about being trendy or whatever.. just want the best phone.. what is it? Also, I know this thread has never been done on TW before but there's like 384 billion phones out now and I can't keep track of all that shit.

I have to run to the store to get some cheetos. let me know if she'll be able to make it to the party on saturday

Wait a few months for the iPhone to go to Verizon. There will probably be bargain price wars between them and AT&T.

i like my iPhone dont get me wrong... but as far as a Phone... its pretty shitty. great little pocket computer device but as far as a phone for making phone calls.... BAH im so over it!!!

i have an iPhone and i would say YES!!!

There's just a shitton of useful applications and plenty of free timewasters. Sure it's trendy, and I hate that shit, but having thrown my 3GS into the wash and ruined it, it was a no-brainer to pay the $200 to a new one.

I fucking love the thing. Fuck Apple, fuck Steve Jobs (in the goat ass, even), but this device is the shit.

Phone call quality is crap, but how often do I actually have to talk to someone?

I have one. If i had the money to trivially switch to the n1, I would. But I don't. :p Its not horrible, at all, it's just the call quality and the fact that I think Jobs is a fucking tool.

oh and the fact that since i don't run osx, like half the neat shit it can do doesn't work. I haven't bothered to back it up in a while because i can't be arsed to boot to xp to run itunes. super gay.

Contract with Sprint is up (do not for the love of god ever go to Sprint) and so I'm either gonna get an iPhone or a Blackberry (unless something else is better than I'm unaware of). Don't give a shit about being trendy or whatever.. just want the best phone.. what is it? Also, I know this thread has never been done on TW before but there's like 384 billion phones out now and I can't keep track of all that shit.

I have a Blackberry (work) and an iPhone (personal/jailbroken). I am also not a fanboy of either company.

I honestly don't see how you could even compare the two. The blackberry feels like a typical smartphone that can do some computer-ish things where as the iPhone feels like a handheld computer that comes with a phone. I thought I would hate the touch screen keypad, but I actually enjoy it now.

For listening to music, texting, email and video...the iPhone wins by a longshot IMO. People on this board also seem to like Android phones, so you may want to check those out as well.

For battery life, it's obviously the Blackberry.

if i were getting any phone right now, any at all, I would get the n1 on verizon. the integration of google apps on google software is really unmatched. I would miss having a keyboard though.

that said, the way the palm pre plus handles multitasking of any running program holds tons of potential. flash is coming out on the 15th, and 3d games are already out-things are continually getting better and better optimized.

rumors have the next gen iphone getting multitasking, which you can do now if you jailbreakit and add some program.

Back