It would really mean alot to me if you came to church with us

Monkey_b

Veteran X
Friends mom calls and invites me to Xmas eve dinner with their family and mentions they are going to go to church at 5 PM... this was about a week ago. I said hell yea my family out of town and I'd love to join and eat your delicious food, but I would prefer not to go to the church part if that's alright. She didn't seem to have a problem with it... and now my friends being a fag saying it's part of their Christmas tradition.

a) my friend doesn't believe in god, i'm pretty sure hes just being a fuckstick cause he doesn't want to sit through church by himself
b) sermons are boring
c) i don't want to be a stranger among a bunch of church regulars on christmas eve of all days

Sure, it's not really a big deal... I'm not one of those crazy anti-religion kooks that raises a stink about everything religion related, I've been to church plenty of times in my life and other than the fact it's boring it doesn't really bother me, but wtf man, why do you invite me to xmas dinner if there are strings attached.

Part of me says "just go and be a good sport, they invited you to xmas dinner and they're good people who would genuinely appreciate the gesture", but the other part says "why the fuck would you extend a xmas invite with strings of this nature attached... joining you in church should be optional don't guilt trip me into this shit motherfucker"

What say the religious kooks and/or heathens of tribalwar?

eh, i went to a confirmation with my a ex and got dirty looks from all the catholics because i just sat there instead of standing up sitting down and blah blah blah

that was out of respect because it'd be wrong to pretend to believe

anyway it was all fine, no big deal. we were stoned and i had a surreptitious giggle when the bishop or whatever came along with a big robe and staff and entourage

just do it with good grace, it wont hurt

I'm in a similar boat and refused to go to church tonight and my family isn't thrilled about it. The fact that they're angry makes me even madder about them wanting me to go to church.

I'm not big into drugs or anything, but I do keep a couple Percocet laying around. When I have to be someplace I don't want to be for a long time, i.e. train/plane rides etc, I just take one and it allows me to sit in a boring situation being perfectly comfortable and quasi-sedated.

Your situation sounds like the perfect time and place for some narcotic depressants.

Friends mom calls and invites me to Xmas eve dinner with their family and mentions they are going to go to church at 5 PM... this was about a week ago. I said hell yea my family out of town and I'd love to join and eat your delicious food, but I would prefer not to go to the church part if that's alright. She didn't seem to have a problem with it... and now my friends being a fag saying it's part of their Christmas tradition.

a) my friend doesn't believe in god, i'm pretty sure hes just being a fuckstick cause he doesn't want to sit through church by himself
b) sermons are boring
c) i don't want to be a stranger among a bunch of church regulars on christmas eve of all days

Sure, it's not really a big deal... I'm not one of those crazy anti-religion kooks that raises a stink about everything religion related, I've been to church plenty of times in my life and other than the fact it's boring it doesn't really bother me, but wtf man, why do you invite me to xmas dinner if there are strings attached.

Part of me says "just go and be a good sport, they invited you to xmas dinner and they're good people who would genuinely appreciate the gesture", but the other part says "why the fuck would you extend a xmas invite with strings of this nature attached... joining you in church should be optional don't guilt trip me into this shit motherfucker"

What say the religious kooks and/or heathens of tribalwar?

You do realize on 90% of the people in attendance on christmas eve aren't regulars and only attend church probably on easter and christmas.

I'm fucked off that my sister has demanded that we spend xmas day and night with them at their house

its a 2 bedroomed affair, with her and her fella and boyfriend taking up both

so it looks like I'm sleeping in the fucking bath cos theres no way in fuck I'd be able to sleep with my stepdad snoring in the living room

the inconsiderate bitch

I'll probably end up in the fucking car, mark my words

They will feel like their being used for the food. My family hates it when you just eat and leave and it would probably offend them.
Yeah, I always feel awkward when I'm invited to dinner and I eat food (????)

Just bring a small gift with you when you go to dinner. It's the customary thing to do and I do it regardless of occasion. Something like a box of chocolates or a bottle of wine (or liquor if it's not an American family)

Back